Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Hotels to acquire Radisson Americas.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Gonna transfer all my points to Radisson Int'l. Even though I don't usually go to EU, Radisson points seem harder to acquire than Choice points.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what does that mean?

I made a test transfer to the International on Thursday. It was instant. Friday I got an email from the International saying I earn x pts. Plan to transfer a bulk this coming week. I hope this would not cause the account being locked...

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It could be that the non-Americas Radisson program gives the early indicator of what comes next for the Radisson Americas program integration into the Choice program.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Happy
what does that mean?

I made a test transfer to the International on Thursday. It was instant. Friday I got an email from the International saying I earn x pts. Plan to transfer a bulk this coming week. I hope this would not cause the account being locked...
why would the account get locked? I would not do a bunch of tiny transfers but would transfer in one or two transactions….that’s what I did….one about 3 weeks ago and another just this week when the final closing was announced.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Happy
what does that mean?

That shouldn’t be a problem.

I was referring to how paying attention to what the Radisson non-Americas program may potentially give a heads-up on what happens with the relationship between the Radisson Americas program and the Radisson non-Americas program and properties for Radisson earning, redeeming, and transferring.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Can you transfer Choice points to Radisson America and then to Radisson International?

Thank you!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:56 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Can you transfer Choice points to Radisson America and then to Radisson International?
There's no interplay between Choice and Radisson yet.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
My wife called to have her RAD USA points transferred to my US account. She has around 400k points. After several minutes on the call with the usual verification questions and so forth, she was asked to submit an email to [email protected] to make the request. I find this odd since prior to Choice, calling was the only way to do this. Not sure if they are already starting to clamp down on this, hopefully we get our transfer done, as I will immediately transfer those points to the Global account.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by arollins
My wife called to have her RAD USA points transferred to my US account. She has around 400k points. After several minutes on the call with the usual verification questions and so forth, she was asked to submit an email to [email protected] to make the request. I find this odd since prior to Choice, calling was the only way to do this. Not sure if they are already starting to clamp down on this, hopefully we get our transfer done, as I will immediately transfer those points to the Global account.
Thanks for the heads up. I've always easily consolidated points for my husband and me. That was one of the few things I really appreciated about the program. It's a shame if they are doing away with this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the heads up. I've always easily consolidated points for my husband and me. That was one of the few things I really appreciated about the program. It's a shame if they are doing away with this.
My wife mentioned that she just received a response to her email asking her to call them, go figure.
Anyway, she calls again, explain the situation, the rep ask the usual verification questions, then ask her if I'm available to talk to him, which I did, all he ask is my account # and name on my account, confirms and then back to my wife. A few minutes latter, all points have transferred to my account.

I suggest others start doing this if they desire to consolidate their accounts.
Happy likes this.

Last edited by arollins; Aug 19, 2022 at 6:05 pm
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to transfer all my husband's points to mine a 2 or 3 weeks ago by calling. Rep's verification all consisted with both accounts Names and email addresses. He did not ask to talk to my husband. It was a fairly painless process.
The odd thing is the description shown in the account activity denotes the transfer is from mine to his, but the opposite happened.

After the transfer his account balance is zero. I since then transferred 4/5 of my account balance to my Rest of the World account that was set up almost 2 months ago. The transfers were instant. Following day you received an email from the Rest of the World to inform you about your "earning".
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

My understanding is the points expire every 24 months in the Rad International Program
That means you have to do a stay overseas at least once
or take a massive loss converting to miles 50,000 get you 5k in miles if I remember correctly
Prior to the pandemic it was a no brainer to transfer.returning to Europe next month but staying with Hyatt and Hilton 5th night free
Because I'm uncertain of the future with virus and travel freedom I'm hesitant to transfer.
Was forced to cancel all my JAL First class flights to Tokyo for the weeks ahead.Travel lifestyle today is unpredictable these days
Thoughts anyone?

Is there another way in the Int program to extend point balances and or earn points without taking stays?
I really enjoy Radisson Blu in Scandinavia.Having points in Radisson America sounds depressing
A shame they couldn't have had a program for all global hotels like Marriott, Hilton and others
Seems like a lost opportunity?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Any kind of earning or redemption activity in the Radisson non-Americas program should extend the expiration period by 24 months. There are smaller loses to be had to get the extension than that conversion into airline miles.

Even transfers from the Global Points Transfer thing extend the expiration date.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any kind of earning or redemption activity in the Radisson non-Americas program should extend the expiration period by 24 months. There are smaller loses to be had to get the extension than that conversion into airline miles.

Even transfers from the Global Points Transfer thing extend the expiration date.
I’m in then thank you!
How do you reach Radisson Int?
A toll free number from the US?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I’m in then thank you!
How do you reach Radisson Int?
A toll free number from the US?
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...22534-8196909-

They also have a contact section where they have phone numbers to call: https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/contact-us. Didn’t see any US toll free numbers, but didn’t look closely.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 5:12 am

I asked about extending non-Americas points in the main thread, but this program has fewer ways to earn or redeem. I hope they keep the option to buy 1000 points for $7. If you transfer to miles at a horrible rate, only BA, AF, SAS are available.
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by rrgg; Aug 27, 2022 at 5:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.