Transfer points to another member

Old May 25, 22, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Transfer points to another member

Iím finding contradictory information on this.

Can elite members transfer points to someone else? If so, how?

I have a Radisson Europe account.
Old May 25, 22, 5:35 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Iím finding contradictory information on this.

Can elite members transfer points to someone else? If so, how?

I have a Radisson Europe account.
My husband and I are both gold members (via credit cards) and can transfer points back and forth. One of us has to call to do so. We are US members.
Old Jun 14, 22, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this only an elite benefit?
Old Jun 14, 22, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
I transferred points from multiple accounts into my account several years ago (when they had a 50k bonus per Radisson stay promo and I had some relatives stay at Rads).

From the T&C

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...and-conditions

1. Transfers by Members with Elite Status: Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards for Business members with Elite Status may transfer points from that member’s account to another account upon request.

2. Transfers within a Household: Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards for Business members may transfer points to another member who resides in the same household, provided both individuals have been members for at least one year and the addresses for both accounts involved in the transfer have not been updated within thirty (30) days prior to the transfer request. Radisson reserves the right to require proof of eligibility or residency and, in its sole discretion, deny any request to transfer points.
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Is this only an elite benefit?
How would you interpret the two paragraphs above? I would read it as

- elite members can transfer to anyone

​​​​​​​- household members independent of status can transfer amongst themselves
Old Jun 15, 22, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I transferred points from multiple accounts into my account several years ago (when they had a 50k bonus per Radisson stay promo and I had some relatives stay at Rads).

From the T&C

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...and-conditions

How would you interpret the two paragraphs above? I would read it as

- elite members can transfer to anyone

​​​​​​​- household members independent of status can transfer amongst themselves
That is exactly what I read - but there is no online option in my account (Gold), called the CS number met with very very long wait, the option of call back from CS worked zilch.

The email I sent from my husband's account also did not received any response, not even Robot reply. He should be able to transfer his to mine even he is just Club due to the Household status.
Old Jun 15, 22, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
They probably “right sized” customer service in anticipation of the sale. Lower cost = higher sale price.
Old Jun 15, 22, 10:02 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
That is exactly what I read - but there is no online option in my account (Gold), called the CS number met with very very long wait, the option of call back from CS worked zilch.

The email I sent from my husband's account also did not received any response, not even Robot reply. He should be able to transfer his to mine even he is just Club due to the Household status.
Here's the number that I used. .(888) 288-8889‬ We've consolidated points in our family several times. It's been very easy. I wish you success.
Old Jun 15, 22, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Here's the number that I used. .(888) 288-8889‬ We've consolidated points in our family several times. It's been very easy. I wish you success.
Thanks. That was the number I called yesterday. No dice.
I guess the Choice acquisition makes them overwhelmed.

UPDATE
Got an email reply from them this afternoon instructing to call the same number. Today the phone system was better, got a human then one transfer to another rep who was able to perform the consolidation. Now all pts are in my account, his is Zero.
Description shown in my account is a bit weird as Gifting Points "to" (my husband's name) while it should be "from". In his account it said Gifting Points to Member.
In any case I am just glad this is done. Next step is to set up the Rest of the World account. Hopefully it is a glitch-free process.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 15, 22 at 3:39 pm

Search this Thread