Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

What are your plans with Radisson Rewards now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are your plans with Radisson Rewards now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Accumulating points for years with the expectation of bookings in Europe. Ultimately transferred 800,000 points from Radisson American to Radisson. 75,000 points per night for a $600 per night hotel in London far exceeds the options in the United States. The points and miles game is a moving target. Not clear if accumulating Radisson points in the future will be simple as a United States resident.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Accumulating points for years with the expectation of bookings in Europe. Ultimately transferred 800,000 points from Radisson American to Radisson. 75,000 points per night for a $600 per night hotel in London far exceeds the options in the United States. The points and miles game is a moving target. Not clear if accumulating Radisson points in the future will be simple as a United States resident.
Same as you I have been collecting the Radisson points from the credit card and never used once, as I usually stay with the 3 main chains in the US and hoping to burn these points for Europe. I decided to transfer all my 550k pts last night to Radisson and will have to plan a trip to use them up overseas. London and Paris seems to have highest priced properties, and the one in Maldive gets really good review too but a bit far to travel to.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:37 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Can't believe how few folks posted to this thread.This must be the least popular program in history!
I just awoke from a deep sleep to discover my measly 100k plus account can no longer be used abroad for redemption nights
or the free night voucher I have good for any property worldwide issued by Radisson America which has turned into a pumpkin
My sympathy to those with fat point balances now good for Rattisons US and Choice properties

Option 1 transfer left over points from Radisson America to Radisson International but I hear folks complaining about bad award availability
Option 2 Transfer 100k to 10,000 Delta or United Miles and end the misery of this association being my elite status wont transfer over to Radisson Int
Think I am better off just paying for what I want at this point as typically I go Hyatt ,Hilton, Bonvoid and InterCon first
Any other advice all?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 24, 2022 at 11:10 pm
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:16 pm

I’ll probably follow Frenchie2 and transfer to non-Americas, but I wonder if Choice has something else up their sleeve. Isn’t the poor availability in Europe due to the travel surge or is it always like that?

I wouldn’t transfer to miles now since Choice also allows it.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I’ll probably follow Frenchie2 and transfer to non-Americas, but I wonder if Choice has something else up their sleeve. Isn’t the poor availability in Europe due to the travel surge or is it always like that?

I wouldn’t transfer to miles now since Choice also allows it.
Good point except that when i spoke to the rep today that struggled with English but meant well she indicated anything can happen
until the deal closes sometime early into the New Year
I take that to mean in my perception they could also end mileage transfers and or moving points to Radisson Int
As for tight award availability that may be just as you state.
.Whats 70k points really worth 300 to 400 dollars? I'm still tempted to bail
Also for the life of me why don't they continue to partner with one another split just like Hilton did many years ago when it was
Hilton Int and Hilton North America
Though I can certainly speculate
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:26 pm

The transfer ratio to miles is so horrible there is just no way I would do it!
I have been poking around to see where the nice properties are with Radisson International - London Paris and Lucern Switzerland seem to have expensive hotels with good review.
Much to my surprise, there is a Radisson in Maldive with excellent reviews and awards are wide open!!! I have enough points for a week!! if I can find the time to take vacation!
christianj likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I take that to mean in my perception they could also end mileage transfers and or moving points to Radisson Int
That's precisely the reason I transferred all mine out to Radisson Intl two nights ago. They could end the transfer to Radisson Intl any day without any notice!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by frenchie2
That's precisely the reason I transferred all mine out to Radisson Intl two nights ago. They could end the transfer to Radisson Intl any day without any notice!
Well said and well done!
Does Radisson Int have a points to miles option?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:56 am

Well said and well done!
Does Radisson Int have a points to miles option?
Yes at same horrible ratio as Radisson America program.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
end the misery of this association being my elite status wont transfer over to Radisson Int
Why not? Status match was pretty easy. Now, I don’t actually think that it is going to be very useful since there is no chance that I will renew status in either program next year. Maybe I get a nicer room as Gold when I have a four night stay in Helsinki in a few months
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG, Radisson Hotels
I have about 2.5 million points.. I don't have any plans for travel in Europe anytime soon, or in the US for that matter. I was debating what to do. I'm thinking about transferring half my points into the international account and keeping half in the US account, in the event Choice decides to stop transfers. I'm sure someday I'll make my way over there... And this way I'll have points in that account for hopefully award night hotels....

With the international account, can you simply book an award night then cancel to keep that account active? I used to have the Radisson Rewards credit card, but since thats gone, I'll have to do the same trick with my US account..
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by iliketodrive
I have about 2.5 million points.. I don't have any plans for travel in Europe anytime soon, or in the US for that matter.
Yikes! I assume most of those points are from using the credit card? That is a lot of points to use up without concrete plans.

This thread has some info on extending the points expirations:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...xpiration.html

Seems there are some technical issues with getting points returned after cancelling an award:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...cellation.html

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I have over 1.5 Mio points and will likely transfer a good chunk over to the international program in which I have only 25k and use those for stays in Europe. Seems RR International has added some recent new properties (at least since I last looked) in both Italy and Greece where I like to vacation. A couple of years ago RR had two properties in Greece (one in Athens and one on Crete) but they now have one on Santorini, one on Mykonos and one on another island that I will consider. Same situation in Italy, used to only be one crappy option in Rome at the train station but now they have a total of 11 options including in Rome, Venice, Florence and Milan. So overall the International program seems to have gained options while the US program has gotten worse. I would suggest if you have done so recently.......to research and see what additions the International program may have added recently. The most recent additions and the new developments can be found here but you can also search by country if a specific country is of interest to you:

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/new-hotels

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/destination

Last edited by christianj; Jun 30, 2022 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just stayed in some Radisson properties in the Caribbean (Barbados and Grenada). Perhaps a nice way to redeem and get in some Caribbean waters over the winter. The Barbados property is old, but waters are gorgeous. Grenada property is newer but has a party/cruise ship vibe (i.e., not restful).
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
No plans to travel abroad for me, so I didn't move any Radisson over to EMEA prior to the massive devaluation, thus nothing to move back. I combined family's Radisson Rewards account balances into one (easier to administer since no more credit card for 40k/night).

I'm eagerly awaiting the Radisson/Choice conversion ratio. In the interim, I changed some Citi Premiers to Rewards+ without speculatively converting any TYP to Choice (despite me finding 1:2 to be a very attractive ratio). Sitting on a small amount of Choice points via a reservation that didn't pan out and had to cancel (Travelodge SF Taylor Street didn't onboard fast enough into Choice). I'm burning Radisson Americas slowly as it makes sense (15k stays + even a 10k/night stay in Charlotte UNCC due to points saver). Sitting on ~250k points so nothing ridiculously crazy.

Edit: it seems like there is now a Rewards Saver event for late December, including around Christmas and New Years. Time to burn some points for some properties at ~1/3 off (15k for 10k, 30k for 20k etc).

Last edited by centrifuge41; Nov 9, 2022 at 2:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.