Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Did the split of Radisson in June 2021 reset expiration date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

In my activity, I only see Points migration balance from June 17, 2021 (when the split occurred). I don`t see the actual earning date (which was earlier than the "migration").
Is June 21, 2021 is the beginning of the 24-month expiration, or how do I find out the expiration now? Also, what is the best way to redeem 18K points for non-stays (for the US program)?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:59 am

The split didn't reset anything. Making a reservation then cancelling it didn't work either, although it has for some in the past. I had to be persistent in emaiing customer service before I got a non-canned response to my request for my exact points expiration date.

Your can redeem points for gift cards, and there are options to transfer points into airline programs. Both are a poor value compared to using them on stays.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:12 pm

If you participate in e-Rewards, their points can be transferred to extend expiration. 25 e-Rewards "dollars" transfer to 1,000 Radisson Americas points.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by _kurt
If you participate in e-Rewards, their points can be transferred to extend expiration. 25 e-Rewards "dollars" transfer to 1,000 Radisson Americas points.
I have done that in one family member's account but the activity done in 2020 no longer shows even I changed the criteria of the date range. It simply would not even give me a Search button!

I thought Radisson used to show 24 months activity.

This program has created so much headache that once we are able to use up the balances in Europe 2022, we would give up on it. Meanwhile given the balances we continue to suffer. Sigh.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 16, 2021 at 11:22 am
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:57 pm

I created the second account for international hotels and moved my points there. I don't see a place where it indicates an expiration date. Where would one look to see?

Nevermind: I missed the info in mareh's post.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ACR2013
In my activity, I only see Points migration balance from June 17, 2021 (when the split occurred). I don`t see the actual earning date (which was earlier than the "migration").
Is June 21, 2021 is the beginning of the 24-month expiration, or how do I find out the expiration now? Also, what is the best way to redeem 18K points for non-stays (for the US program)?
Similar question. My last stay - I think - was in February 2020. In my account now, all I see is a migration post (and a 'Discretionary award' post), and no mention of the last stay dates or points posting. I have sent three messages to customer support and heard nothing! Keen to find out what I have to do, even if its a quick stay this year, as I have a sizeable balance I don't want to expire!

Does anyone have any idea of the latest re expiration date post merger, and the easiest way to extend in the new system? I can book and cancel an award of course, but no way to see if this works!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I got an Email from them a few weeks ago that they deposited I think 100 points to give another 24 months of validity. I assumed everyone got that? No?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
I got an Email from them a few weeks ago that they deposited I think 100 points to give another 24 months of validity. I assumed everyone got that? No?
I certainly didn’t. The only activity in my Americas account is the transfer out I did in July. In my EMEA account I see the migration as well as the transfer in. According to my records (since Radisson doesn’t display it) the Americas account hadn’t had any activity since mid-2019 so it should have been eligible for the 100-point extension unless transfers count.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:05 pm

Anyone recently do the book and cancel to extend? I see upstream it may not have worked - just looking for more experiences with this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by chaigirl
Anyone recently do the book and cancel to extend? I see upstream it may not have worked - just looking for more experiences with this.
I have not tried, but best to do something now before and keep the account alive. I believe you can still buy 1000 points for $7, not great, but is a quick an simple solution. No one knows how Choice will proceed or start the integration into their program, or how the points will convert. Along with that, have you though on transferring to the non US program? Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.