Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: _kurt
Program Split
2 separate programs exist now, Radisson Rewards Americas and Radisson Rewards. Americas members who want to redeem points for stays outside the Americas must first create an account in the other program and transfer points at this page. If you just want to check the points price in advance, find the property at RadissonHotels.com instead of RadissonHotelsAmericas.com

Transferring Points Between Programs
Points can be transferred free of charge between Radisson Rewards America and Radisson Rewards accounts held by the same person. The first name, last name, and email address must match between the accounts in order for the transfer to be permitted. Otherwise you will get an error "We were not able to confirm your account information."

Transferring points is instantaneous. In order to initiate a transfer, first log in to the account from which you will be transferring. Then visit the appropriate page:
Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards:
https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer
Radisson Rewards to Radisson Rewards Americas:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...pointstransfer

The FAQ indicates that transfers are limited to 1,000,000 points per transfer, 5,000,000 points per year, and 25 transfers per year.

Status Match
The Radisson Hotels website indicates "simply join the Radisson Rewards Americas program and call Member Services before your stay to request a status match for Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers." Reports in the forum vary with some having success and some getting frustration.
Print Wikipost

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Radisson Rewards app update -Americas only ???

Hi everyone,

So I just updated the app from the google play store and the previous Radisson Hotels app is now the Radisson Hotels America app. So you can now no longer make or view bookings for any hotels in the Asia-Pacific, Europe or Africa in the app, you can only do it via the website. The app only allows viewing/making bookings for hotels in the Americas. Have I missed something or is the app somewhat pointless as you can't use it for anything outside of the Americas...
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I am also sending the same bahavior. Hotels in Asia etc are listed without price and clicking them opens radisson website
​​​​​
Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:17 pm

There is now a separate app covering EMEA and APAC. Cannot be bothered to look for the background behind the split, there is probably something somewhere.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:31 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
There is now a separate app covering EMEA and APAC. Cannot be bothered to look for the background behind the split, there is probably something somewhere.
I had a look on google play, but unfortunately I couldn't find an EMEA app. If there is an EMEA app it seems a strange move to have updated my app to Radisson Hotels Americas when my address is in Europe and I have only ever booked Radisson Group hotels within Europe. This change to Radisson Hotels Americas makes the app useless to me.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:03 am

@ECR, I can only agree, why was it done like this is a mystery to me but honestly I could not care less, I have now deleted the app altogether.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ECR
I had a look on google play, but unfortunately I couldn't find an EMEA app. If there is an EMEA app it seems a strange move to have updated my app to Radisson Hotels Americas when my address is in Europe and I have only ever booked Radisson Group hotels within Europe. This change to Radisson Hotels Americas makes the app useless to me.
The EMEA version of the app just got released, its simply called "Radisson Hotels".

What a poorly rolled out update ! The old app auto updates to the America's version and the EMEA version doesn't get released until a week later. Which you then have to separately install, and best of all, no comms at all... And rather than have 1 seamless booking experience, you need to go through 2 different apps if you want to book a hotel in the America's and another hotel in another region.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:13 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by robbo135
The EMEA version of the app just got released, its simply called "Radisson Hotels".

What a poorly rolled out update ! The old app auto updates to the America's version and the EMEA version doesn't get released until a week later. Which you then have to separately install, and best of all, no comms at all... And rather than have 1 seamless booking experience, you need to go through 2 different apps if you want to book a hotel in the America's and another hotel in another region.
The EMEA app wasn't there when I looked previously but as you say it is now. As you mention it is not great having two apps, but at least there is one that works for Europe now.

I had contacted Radisson, and got the following helpful reply today:-

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We have launched a new app version for our mobile application. The Radisson Hotel Americas is for the hotels within the USA, Canada, Latin America and the Carribean. While for outside Americas, you may use the link below for the new Radisson Hotels mobile app.

iOS / App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/radisson-hotels-hotel-booking/id1553779550

Android / Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radisson.hotels
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:58 pm

I too noticed the silliness of the Radisson app update, and thought I was missing something. I then noticed the second app that covered the rest of the world. I’m sure there is logic behind this, but it perplexed me. I’m certainly not downloading a second app. Very odd!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It is due to data protection stuff US doesn't like their data in Chinese companies hands.

Interesting to see how far they take the separation. Back in the days Radisson in US and in Europe were two separate companies...

Perhaps Hyatt could just buy Radisson
Brendan and TTT103 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It is due to data protection stuff US doesn't like their data in Chinese companies hands.

Interesting to see how far they take the separation. Back in the days Radisson in US and in Europe were two separate companies...

Perhaps Hyatt could just buy Radisson
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:44 am

I now see that they also have two separate websites. Unbelievable!

I did find this article:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/03/29/...samericas-com/

Last edited by TTT103; Mar 30, 2021 at 5:55 am
Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Or are they getting ready to become to separate companies and one will be sold?
Brendan and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by flospi
Or are they getting ready to become to separate companies and one will be sold?
That’s what I initially thought, but I do believe the US government told the peoples Republic of China that they needed to create a separate entity for the United States to protect data and confidentiality.

Given that it took quite a bit of time to combine both companies into one, I can’t imagine that the Chinese government would split up Radisson. Then again, who knows?
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
The bottom line is that running two separate systems can be messy and expensive. It would probably be much easier to transfer the entire operation to a China-independent jurisdiction.

That begs the question why is Radission going so far to keep EMEA/Asian/Ocenian properties in their Chinese system.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Email cut and paste that I just got. Seems like we might need to join both programs moving forward.

We are introducing some exciting changes to deliver you a more localized experience. Starting this month, Radisson Hotels Americas and RadissonHotelsAmericas.com will bring you the latest destinations and the best booking experience for your future hotel stays in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean.

Radisson Hotels and RadissonHotels.com is now dedicated to our hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.

Coming in June, we will launch Radisson Rewards Americas—our enhanced loyalty program—dedicated to members who book travel in the Americas. Members who book outside the Americas will be rewarded by Radisson Rewards.

Look out for our next communication in April with more details to make the most of your membership, including a simplified, more rewarding redemption experience. LEARN MORE

Here's what you need to know

Where should I book my hotel stays? Starting today, you’ll find the best member rates at hundreds of hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean at RadissonHotelsAmericas.com or on the recently updated Radisson Hotels Americas mobile app. If you don’t have the mobile app, download now.

If you are looking to book a hotel outside of the Americas, visit RadissonHotels.com or download the new Radisson Hotels mobile app here.

Is anything changing with my Radisson Rewards membership? Not today! In June, your membership, benefits and point balance will automatically transition to the Radisson Rewards Americas program. You'll continue to earn and redeem rewards just like you already have been doing at our hotels throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean.

However, you will need to take additional steps to earn and redeem for hotel stays in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Stay tuned for more information.

Also a link to FAQs:

https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...-RW7oJtJIAQrDg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.