Unauthorised account activity

Old Dec 21, 20, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Unauthorised account activity

Hi all,

I logged into my account today and noticed there was an award booking made with my points, the award booking has already taken place. I can't tell who's name the booking was made under except the date of the stay and the property name.

How is it possible that as the account holder that I received no email notification that a booking was made using my account? Am trying to get hold of the local rewards hotline, but they are closed atm. Is it possible to make an award booking using someone else's account without any notification going to the account holder? Can it be done over the phone?

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 20, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Maybe the account e-mail was changed? I hope it works out for you ok. Good luck.
Old Dec 23, 20, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Maybe the account e-mail was changed? I hope it works out for you ok. Good luck.
The account email is unchanged, I just don't understand how no notification was sent to me as the account holder. I have reset my password.

I called the rewards hotline and they told me to send en email... Was hoping it would be resolved on the phone. Still completely unsure how it was booked without my knowledge.
Old Dec 23, 20, 1:46 am

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
If the reservation was made over the phone, I agree you should have gotten an e-mail confirmation. I hope their research shows they pulled points from your account by mistake; mb a computer glitch?
Old Dec 26, 20, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevino View Post
If the reservation was made over the phone, I agree you should have gotten an e-mail confirmation. I hope their research shows they pulled points from your account by mistake; mb a computer glitch?
So an update on this. The points got refunded to me and apparently it was booked online. I have changed my password but still in the dark as to how the booking went ahead without any email confirmation being sent to the main account holder. I'm thankful my points got refunded but am now wondering how to keep track of my account short of logging in everyday
Old Dec 26, 20, 6:43 am

Programs: Free Agent
You can use Award Wallet.
Old Dec 27, 20, 10:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by robbo135 View Post
So an update on this. The points got refunded to me and apparently it was booked online. I have changed my password but still in the dark as to how the booking went ahead without any email confirmation being sent to the main account holder. I'm thankful my points got refunded but am now wondering how to keep track of my account short of logging in everyday
Was the person booking the room related to you? Or total stranger? The hotel should have all details of the guest who booked and checked in.
Old Dec 28, 20, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
Was the person booking the room related to you? Or total stranger? The hotel should have all details of the guest who booked and checked in.
It was a total stranger, I don't share my account details with anyone so somehow the person was able to get my login details. I didn't ask for their details (and not sure Radisson would give out details either) but either way that person is on another continent and by the time I found out, the stay had been completed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: