Radisson Visa card Ecert Questions

Old Mar 18, 20, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Radisson Visa card Ecert Questions

Hello all, I just recieved my radisson visa card and am new to the program, was wondering if I could have a few questions answered as I was uncertain of a few things regarding the E-certs from trying to research on the radisson page:

1. If I want to take a 2 night vacation, could I use 2 E-certs to get the 2 free nights in a row? I saw on the FAQ section in the radisson rewards page that you can't use more than one E-cert per reservation but in lurking around this board since I was approved for the card, I saw some people posting that they took 3 day vacations using saved up E-certs they had not used yet? As a followup - how / when do you find out how many points are on each e-cert or what level / room cost it would cover?

2. Can you combine rewards points with an E-cert? Say I accumulate enough points for 3 nights at a hotel where I want to spend 4 nights. Could I make a 4 night reservation with the 3 nights on my accumulated points with an E-cert for the 4th night?

3. I see that E-certs expire within 1 year of issuing - do the regular points ever expire?

Thanks in advance! Any help / insight would be appreciated!
Old Mar 18, 20, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StringerBell2020 View Post
3. I see that E-certs expire within 1 year of issuing - do the regular points ever expire?
Regular points only expire if you have no points earned or redeemed ("activity") during the previous 24 months. (See section d.i of the Terms and Conditions.)

So it should be easy to keep your points alive if you're shooting for E-certs, because you have to do a lot of spend on the card (earning a lot of points in the process) to get E-certs.

Sorry, I've never had or used Radisson E-certs, so I can't answer all of those other questions myself.
Brendan and StringerBell2020 like this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 18, 20 at 10:11 pm
Old May 10, 20, 10:21 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Gold, HyatGlobalist Lite, Honors Diamond (Amex spend), Marriott Life Gold
Answer 1. E-certs I have seen are valid for any points-price incl. the top 70K, but only at USA hotels. I tried to make a 2-night ressie for the heck of it, and it answered that I didn't have enough cert.s for the stay.
Answer 2. was NO a few years ago. If yes, you'll have to phone in. You'll probably have to make 2 separate reservations, then cross-reference them so they give you the same room all 4 nights. I had a problem because Virginia Beach refused to rent a lone Saturday night, and I wanted to use points for Friday & a cert. for Sat. or v.v.!
3. Please see Sdsearch's answer above.
Old May 14, 20, 6:54 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

I updated the thread title to make it a little more descriptive. Welcome to FT, StringerBell2020!

--jpdx, Radisson Moderator

Search this Thread