FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   All status extended 1 year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/2013093-all-status-extended-1-year.html)

skaya Mar 15, 2020 12:50 pm

All status extended 1 year

Just got Radissons Corona mail.

"As an added value, we also extend your elite status through February 2022 to show you our appreciation."

ROKNA Mar 15, 2020 1:06 pm

For completeness the whole email

OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU Dear Members,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and trust in Radisson Hotels in these uncertain times. Our commitment and responsibility towards you have never been stronger as we face the COVID-19 pandemic.

We are continuously monitoring the ever-changing circumstances surrounding the coronavirus and are going above and beyond to keep you, our guests, employees, hotels and offices safe.

Our Commitment to you, our loyal Members
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result, Radisson Hotels is extending its points expiration policy by 6 months (effective March 1, 2020). As an added value, we also extend your elite status through February 2022 to show you our appreciation.

Our Action Plan
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, we have activated our corporate crisis response teams worldwide and have strong processes, robust systems, and dedicated support teams in place.

All our hotels have been fully briefed on essential preparatory and prevention measures. These range from hygiene measures including increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency to guidelines on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 and, if required, hotel lock downs for quarantine purposes in cooperation with the local authorities.

We are following the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and all relevant authorities for country-specific requirements to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.

Your safety as well as the safety of our team members are our highest priority. Our actions demonstrate a firm commitment to deploying appropriate resources to help maintain a healthy environment for our customers and team members.

Our Cancellation Policy
We are constantly updating our global cancellation policy to reflect the latest developments related to COVID-19 and to offer our guests as much flexibility and planning comfort as possible. As the situation will evolve over the coming days, please check our website at https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/covid-19 for the latest information.

At the moment, our policy for individual guests allows free modification and free cancellation of all existing and new reservations in all Radisson Hotels worldwide for stays until 30th April 2020. For group reservations, we offer free cancellation for China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Belgium, Spain, France and US inbound and outbound travel until 30th April 2020. We also grant free cancellation of bookings impacted by government restrictions.

Please be assured that all our teams are doing their utmost to provide you with the highest levels of service and a safe environment before, during and after your stays with us.

Thank you again for your ongoing trust in Radisson Hotels – in good times, and even more so in these challenging times.

Sincerely, https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/pr.../Signature.jpg
Federico J. González
CEO, Radisson Hospitality AB
Chairman, Global Steering Committee, Radisson Hotel Group

mile ho Mar 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Pretty weak extension by comparison to other chains for the points expiration.

Also, no mention of the e-certs. E-certs from Hilton have been given a new expiry date of August 2021, I believe.

I'm going to guess that the e-certs might get a six month extension, too. We'll see.

Still, pretty weak response on the whole, IMO.

aapee Mar 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Totally disagree. This is way better than some other hotel chains.

flospi Mar 16, 2020 4:22 am

Interesting. I haven't received that e-mail yet...

Tetly1967 Mar 16, 2020 1:59 pm

No, not seen this email either - although very welcome as well as good business sense.

ROKNA Mar 17, 2020 4:28 am

Radisson is ahead of the curve with a blanket 1 year extension on status, only seen Best Western do same at this time

Yanshuf Mar 23, 2020 5:31 am

I didn't get an email. I just got a leaflet in the post stating that my current status has been extended by a year. I live in the UK.

ROKNA Mar 23, 2020 6:22 am

Dates should now show in your account, mine is showing 2/22

Was 46 nights already, do I get to carry them over...

Q-STO May 25, 2020 3:46 am

Originally Posted by skaya (Post 32189486)

"As an added value, we also extend your elite status through February 2022 to show you our appreciation."

Does it mean that one has two years (2020+2021) instead of one (2021), to re-qualify for elite status?

craigthemif Feb 25, 2021 8:16 am

Has Radisson announced something for 2021? Looks strange that the other chains have announced their lowered targets but Radisson doesn't seem to care?

the810 Feb 28, 2021 12:45 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 33061023)
Has Radisson announced something for 2021? Looks strange that the other chains have announced their lowered targets but Radisson doesn't seem to care?

Nothing so far. But all 2020 nights roll over into 2021 so it should be easier to earn status or requalify (I managed to qualify for Platinum on 28th January, which would normally be impossible :)).