Free night certs/Covid

Old Mar 11, 20, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Free night certs/Covid

So the wife and I had a trip planned over Easter to NYC (still do). We've had it planned long before Covid became a thing. The three certs we'll be using expire 4.30.20.

We're not reducing our travel schedules due to the 'outbreak' but it seems fairly likely that the reasons we'd be going to NYC are going to be compromised when we arrive. Museums and other attractions are likely to be closed, or at least that's what I believe will happen. We're not afraid to go, not at all. But we think it may be a real let down if the city is on lockdown.

Honestly, we'd love to trade the certs for points and we'll call and ask about that today.

Any thoughts? We'll also be sure to let everyone know what they say.
Old Mar 11, 20, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mile ho View Post
Honestly, we'd love to trade the certs for points and we'll call and ask about that today.
Most hotel programs are much more likely to extend certs than to trade certs for points. Do let us know what Radisson may have offered you. Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 20, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Most hotel programs are much more likely to extend certs than to trade certs for points. Do let us know what Radisson may have offered you. Thanks.
They were unwilling to entertain the idea yesterday. But will HUCA. By the time we are supposed to be there, NYC will probably be on some sort of lockdown. Really a shame.
Old Mar 12, 20, 8:48 pm

They were unwilling to entertain the idea yesterday. But will HUCA. By the time we are supposed to be there, NYC will probably be on some sort of lockdown. Really a shame.
same boat as you are. We are suppose to travel april 3 to 8 and using it on the new Times square location. I also called and same response. Maybe calling US Bank? As they are the one that issue the cert?
Old Mar 12, 20, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
same boat as you are. We are suppose to travel april 3 to 8 and using it on the new Times square location. I also called and same response. Maybe calling US Bank? As they are the one that issue the cert?
I think US Bank is a good choice since they issue the certs. Are you calling them?
Old Mar 14, 20, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Sent another email to Radisson. I'm going to keep after them until they get this worked out. Will probably resort to twitter, too, if necessary. Hilton just extended their certs to up to 1.5 years from now. And it looks like pretty much everyone is going to extend into 2021 at least.

It's only the right thing to do.

If you have certs that you can't use, I would suggest one might call or email or tweet about the issue. They definitely need to step up and take care of this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sent another email to Radisson. I'm going to keep after them until they get this worked out. Will probably resort to twitter, too, if necessary. Hilton just extended their certs to up to 1.5 years from now. And it looks like pretty much everyone is going to extend into 2021 at least.

It's only the right thing to do.

If you have certs that you can't use, I would suggest one might call or email or tweet about the issue. They definitely need to step up and take care of this.
You may want to try calling. With calling, you may be able to escalate to a supervisor. That's way harder to do with non-interactive methods of contact such as email.
Old Mar 18, 20, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Spoke to supervisor who said they are working on extending the e-certs, which is a vast improvement from the last call. They tried to tell us last time to call US Bank. They said they should have a solution for the e-certs in the coming days, especially since some are expiring 3-31.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

E-certs from cc use that expire 3-1-20 thru 6-30-20 have all been extended thru 6-30-2021.

Good job, Radisson!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: