Free night certs/Covid

Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by mile ho
I don't know when they'll extend them or even if. They seemed very reticent to honor the ones that have expired this spring, even though I had the email stating they were extended.

Was extraordinarily disappointed in their delaying tactics. If you want to use the e-certs that were supposedly extended, you'll need luck and perseverance to use them.

They said they were working on getting the e-certs to actually show up in the account. But then they have to be useable which they aren't as I used the numbers that were attached to those certs and they came back as invalid.
Yea, I am in August and of course won't be staying in any hotels between now and Aug 31. I understood Radisson going out until July when they made the announcement two months ago. But now, as things have gotten better but no where near travel happy, I can't believe they are not extending August/Sept/October 2020 expiration. I cancelled my card when the AF came due last week. Absolutely ridiculous. There isn't another travel company I use, airlines or hotel, that hasn't made concessions for anything basically through Summer 2020 except for Radisson.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Yea, I am in August and of course won't be staying in any hotels between now and Aug 31. I understood Radisson going out until July when they made the announcement two months ago. But now, as things have gotten better but no where near travel happy, I can't believe they are not extending August/Sept/October 2020 expiration. I cancelled my card when the AF came due last week. Absolutely ridiculous. There isn't another travel company I use, airlines or hotel, that hasn't made concessions for anything basically through Summer 2020 except for Radisson.
Have you contacted them? I would ask, maybe through twitter?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho
Have you contacted them? I would ask, maybe through twitter?
Yes, multiple times through twitter with the "extensions only through July at this time." The folks at USBank were even less help and could not have cared any less.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Yes, multiple times through twitter with the "extensions only through July at this time." The folks at USBank were even less help and could not have cared any less.
After the nonsense that I went through with their escalation team I sent a letter to the President.

We'll see if I get a call or any communication.

I'm definitely going to ask about the extension of the e-certs and why they are currently unusable.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
I have e-certificates, expire end of this year. I requested to extend expiration but they deny.
Can anyone extend expiration?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Only they can extend them. I would call again. and again.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today I got an email from Radisson which said in part:

e-Cert extension:
e-Certs earned using the Radisson Rewards Visa® Card, that were scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Today I got an email from Radisson which said in part:

e-Cert extension:
e-Certs earned using the Radisson Rewards Visa® Card, that were scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.
The last expiration date that got an extension was July 31? Do they show as extended when you log on to RR?

I have 2 expiring on Aug 31.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
The last expiration date that got an extension was July 31? Do they show as extended when you log on to RR?
Sorry, I don't have any certs at all (and never had them), so I can't check.

This appeared to be just a generic email about various updates, except that I'm not sure if everyone got the same version of the email, because in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...er-2021-a.html

someone posted only 3 of the 4 items that were in the email which I got.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
My expiring e-certificates (Nov '20) was extended until Jun 2021. Well done Radisson.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 6:15 pm

I hope e-certificate can be used anywhere in the world, not only in US. Please Radisson.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
It seems that the extension was a blanket one. Mine were expiring Feb 2021 and were extended to June as well.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Global1Flyer
My expiring e-certificates (Nov '20) was extended until Jun 2021. Well done Radisson.
Originally Posted by satz
It seems that the extension was a blanket one. Mine were expiring Feb 2021 and were extended to June as well.
Can add another data point--my cert previously expiring 3/31/2021 now expires 6/30/21. Thanks Radisson!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.