Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Trying to enjoy a caribbean stay at the Grenada Radisson. NOT HAPPENING!

Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL

Arrived Saturday afternoon for much need relaxing holiday, and up Grand Anse beach is a tent are where they are playing music at concert levels. From 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Hotel management shrugs and says it is not their issue or fault, and they have no other rooms for me to stay in. I have no issue trashing this place in reviews, but I am completely flummoxed as my next step of action. If I can find another place to stay, I'm willing to walk out and let Amex deal with it.

Other than reaching out to Radisson corporate any thoughts?

Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:26 pm
Suspended

OP, I too wouldnt be a happy camper if R&R was my main reason for being there. But that said, since The Hotel isnt the sponsor and it isnt on their grounds I wouldnt hold them responsible. Bout the best Id hope for is for them to let me leave and get a refund or not be charged for the nights I booked but wouldnt be staying. And where I end up would be on my dime , even if its 2x what The Radisson was
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If indeed it is neither on the hotel's property nor is it sponsored by the hotel, and there is no other room, what on earth do you expect the hotel to do.

I would expect the hotel to permit you to cancel the rest of your stay without penalty, but that is the end of it. Simply walking out and leaving it to Amex is taking a significant risk. So long as you know and accept that, go ahead. Me? I'd get this worked out before departure.
Brendan and writerguyfl like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
If indeed it is neither on the hotel's property nor is it sponsored by the hotel, and there is no other room, what on earth do you expect the hotel to do.

I would expect the hotel to permit you to cancel the rest of your stay without penalty, but that is the end of it. Simply walking out and leaving it to Amex is taking a significant risk. So long as you know and accept that, go ahead. Me? I'd get this worked out before departure.
+1, otherwise, Amex will probably contact the hotel and be told all we know is the guest/s simply left once we informed them that we had nothing to do with the event and all our rooms were full. Amex will then probably decline the dispute
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Just to give an update. Called Radisson Corporate at Midnight local time, magically another room became available at breakfast time.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:56 am

I'm glad they found you another room. Might I suggest a white noise app on your phone to help drown out other noise? I know it doesn't work for everyone but it works for me. Safe Travels.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Congratulations, RacingJunkie! I would have thought you'd have to wait till check-in time of Feb. 3 (Monday.)
Perhaps you should have asked whether the loud concert was a weekend event & all would be quiet on & after Monday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.