FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   No more Point Booking in the Rate Selection? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/2007281-no-more-point-booking-rate-selection.html)

Happy Feb 2, 2020 4:34 pm

No more Point Booking in the Rate Selection?

Haven't used Club Carlson for almost 2 years, still have plenty of points.

Logged in account then tried to search hotels at Nice, both the Radisson and the Park Inn has no "member rate" available. Tried St. Petersburg Russia where there are like 5 properties or more - NONE is available.

Is this a normal thing?

I remember in the past you can choose Points in the rate menu. Now it seems only showing as an option after you choose a property. However, while the no point availability at Nice is possible, all 5 hotels at St. Petersburg has no availability? That is a bit too much even it is first week of May.

EDIT
If not signed in, there is actually availability for point booking!

Can anyone enlighten me whether I have made a mistake in searching the hotels?

sdsearch Feb 2, 2020 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 32025111)
I remember in the past you can choose Points in the rate menu. Now it seems only showing as an option after you choose a property.

You don't officially have to wait until you choose the property, but you do have to wait at least until you get the search results, and then much of the time even that doesn't work!

There, on the same line as 3 Hotels found in Nice (but in smaller type), it first has a "sort by", and then a "see prices in" which defaults to Currency. There you can select "Only points" or "points + currency" (what other hotels call points + cash).

For a sample date 8 - 9 Mar, it only shows the points rate for the third hotel (actually in Cannes), at 105000 point (ouch!). I have to click through to actually see that the other hotels have rooms for points too (the first at 70000, the second at 38000 points (but that one's far under 100 Euros a night, so why use points there that night?).

In case you aren't aware, Radisson Rewards redid their website about half year ago, and it had a lot of growing pains then:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...s-website.html

but apparently those growing pains are still not all gone yet. :eek:

I did the same date search with a domestic location and in that case not even one of 3 hotels showed a number when set "see prices in Only points". :td:

Happy Feb 3, 2020 4:28 pm

The site seems A LOT WORSE than when it was at the Club Carlson days - back then it was pretty but it functioned! You can also use the Map function to find the properties around the world - that function I used quite a bit when it was available. Then it diesppeared long before changed over.

Now the new website has tons of junks but very hard to navigate.

Yes I found the 38K a Park Inn by the airport and the rate even in May is 90 euro... The 70K is a Radisson at the edge of the town. It was old (most Nice hotels incl the Marriott properties are old) but apparently had some renovation last 2 years.

I eventually booked a Holiday Inn much more centrally located but in the inner streets at 30K a night with the 4th night free with the new IHG card. So it works well. Need 2 more nights but haven't decided where we like to stay, Cannes or further down at Antibe. We have a 10:45am flight NCE to ZRH. So we should not venture too far... May be stay put and then move on the last night to the Holiday Inn slightly west of the airport at 40K with airport shuttle but looks much nicer than the Park Inn by the terminal.

Still need to make a concerted effort to burn off the rather worthless points. It literally is worth less than HH pts, when there are so few useful domestic properties and all overpriced.

duranza May 1, 2020 5:25 pm

Hello, I am finding the same issues looking for any Radisson member rate available for London ANY dates from Sept to early October... I even sent a message to them on Twitter and they didn't have any answer or advice as to why none were available.

frank_10b May 23, 2020 6:02 pm

yes the site seems getting worse, i can never seem to sign into my account. terrible, what a nice chain down the drain...

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 32028994)
The site seems A LOT WORSE than when it was at the Club Carlson days - back then it was pretty but it functioned! You can also use the Map function to find the properties around the world - that function I used quite a bit when it was available. Then it diesppeared long before changed over.

Now the new website has tons of junks but very hard to navigate.

Yes I found the 38K a Park Inn by the airport and the rate even in May is 90 euro... The 70K is a Radisson at the edge of the town. It was old (most Nice hotels incl the Marriott properties are old) but apparently had some renovation last 2 years.

I eventually booked a Holiday Inn much more centrally located but in the inner streets at 30K a night with the 4th night free with the new IHG card. So it works well. Need 2 more nights but haven't decided where we like to stay, Cannes or further down at Antibe. We have a 10:45am flight NCE to ZRH. So we should not venture too far... May be stay put and then move on the last night to the Holiday Inn slightly west of the airport at 40K with airport shuttle but looks much nicer than the Park Inn by the terminal.

Still need to make a concerted effort to burn off the rather worthless points. It literally is worth less than HH pts, when there are so few useful domestic properties and all overpriced.

aapee May 24, 2020 1:58 am

I have had no problems logging in or seeing member rates lately, actually made a booking yesterday. Just picked a random weekend in London in September, good availability an all Member/Points/Points+Cash rates.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...56f3ca5ff0.jpg

tassojunior Jul 7, 2020 10:39 pm

70,000 is a tough price point. Anyone figure what value you get in cents-per-point? Are these London hotels $350? In Prague I'm seeing 75,000 for a $100 room. I sense Radisson points have somehow collapsed. All the values I've explored point to Radisson points being worth less than .25 cents each. Awful.

Global1Flyer Jul 8, 2020 12:18 pm

I hardly find "standard" award night rate, last couple months.
"Standard" award night rate in Bangkok (Park Plaza) is 28K, but I can find only "Premium" award night rate, 42K. It is happening all over the world.
On other hand, IHG is lowering award night.
I can use Radisson point for only transfer airline mile right now (it is bad transfer rate but better than free night award).

Stuttgart21 Jul 9, 2020 2:25 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior (Post 32515731)
All the values I've explored point to Radisson points being worth less than .25 cents each. Awful.

If you're trying to maximize points value, P+C is still the way to go.

I have to agree with others, though, that something funny is going on with award room inventory. To me, it looks like a bug. In some city, on day 1+2, there's zero standard award inventory (only premium awards, family rooms etc.). Then do the search again on days 3+4 (same city, same dates) and suddendly you find standard inventory for each and every RR property. Try once more a few days later, and inventory has disappeared again.

strayersong Jul 9, 2020 2:35 am

Looks like a system glitch to me as I find it hard to believe that so many hotels would opt to close down standard room redemption at the same time. In fact they can't even if they wanted to due to Radisson's last room availability principle.

qLir Jul 10, 2020 9:04 am

There is no standard availability, period, in the Ithaca, NY area currently. They seem to have it turned on for the 50% costlier rooms (44,000 -> 66,000), but paying points was already a stretch at the base price (44,000 for a $120 room). Even for any random night in November, there is no basic availability. Hopefully this is a bug, and hopefully it is fixed soon. Otherwise, I'm not sure how this is allowed by Radisson.

happychic Jul 10, 2020 2:58 pm

I won't be surprised if this is intentional and not a glitch.

Happy Aug 2, 2020 5:11 pm

I do not see point booking option in the rate selection. When it gets to the actual property selection screen, there was zero availability the whole remaining of year on 2 random cities I picked - Berlin and Nice.

Then checked Florida and New York locations - none has member rate / point booking!

What gives?!

Just need a dummy booking to extend the point expiration date, yet it does not seem possible!

Are point booking inventory is taken away right now?

craz Aug 2, 2020 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 32576934)
I do not see point booking option in the rate selection. When it gets to the actual property selection screen, there was zero availability the whole remaining of year on 2 random cities I picked - Berlin and Nice.

Then checked Florida and New York locations - none has member rate / point booking!

What gives?!

Just need a dummy booking to extend the point expiration date, yet it does not seem possible!

Are point booking inventory is taken away right now?

I take it for some reason you didnt bother reading or looking at this thread; https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...-devalued.html, which was the top post before you bumped up this thread. I say that since had you read it you never would have had any reason to post this post of yours

Happy Aug 2, 2020 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 32576962)
I take it for some reason you didnt bother reading or looking at this thread; https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...-devalued.html, which was the top post before you bumped up this thread. I say that since had you read it you never would have had any reason to post this post of yours

No I did not, because the topic of the thread you referred to is "Devaluation", not booking machine glitches. Two different topics in my book. I am going back to this thread because the same issue happened before, and it was me who started this thread.

Actually I remember the work around in the past - do NOT log in during the search stage, then when you make the booking, you log in, and would be able to book.

Using the above work around I actually saw properties available at London at points. Suit my purpose.

Again, the other thread has a misleading topic IF it actually talked about unable to book point booking. Had you actually understood my post in this thread, I am not looking to book a real stay but to generate an activity - however the point level is, I dont care. Did you not get it? It is not the issue of only premium room being available and no standard room, it is the issue of NO award room available at all - and that, is indeed an IT glitch since I discovered it at the beginning of 2020, therefore started this very thread - the glitch remains but there is a work around as mentioned above. Same workaround as a few months ago. It means the IT glitch is never fixed.