Wiki Posts
Search

Earning points on stay paid by third party

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Earning points on stay paid by third party

I have a week long stay coming up at the Radisson Blu in Espoo. The reservation is in my name, and I succeeded in adding my rewards account number to the booking (after it was made by the third party).

Will I get points for my room rate, even though it is being billed directly to the third party?
Old May 21, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Yes. As long as its a direct booking channel.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:12 am

Was it booked directly? or via a 3rd party site?
Old May 21, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nygiants242
Was it booked directly? or via a 3rd party site?
I am not sure about how the booking was made. All I have is the confirmation #, which allows me to pull up the booking on the Radisson web site. I was able to add my Radisson Rewards # to the file, and it now shows up under my Rewards account.

Is there any way to tell without bothering the people who made the booking?
Old May 21, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Looks like a TA booking so, so should be fine
Old May 21, 2019, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think we can guess how the booking was made if we know something about the circumstances or the organization that made the booking.

If it's for a conference, it would be extremely rare to use an OLTA etc. In fact, if it's a conference group block, they probably would have negotiated directly with the hotel, and they might have negotiated a rate that doesn't earn points and credits.

However, if a tour group operator or cruise line did it, I would not be optimistic about the stay counting.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think we can guess how the booking was made if we know something about the circumstances or the organization that made the booking.

If it's for a conference, it would be extremely rare to use an OLTA etc. In fact, if it's a conference group block, they probably would have negotiated directly with the hotel, and they might have negotiated a rate that doesn't earn points and credits.

However, if a tour group operator or cruise line did it, I would not be optimistic about the stay counting.
The booking was made by a university, where I will be lecturing at for the week. I don't think they used an OLTA, but they may have used an agency, or it could be an in-house travel department in the university.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.