Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Visa card promo - spend $500/mo for 3 mos = 20K points

New Visa card promo - spend $500/mo for 3 mos = 20K points

Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by blitzen
It is one per 10k and it is several weeks after the card anniversary
Is there a way to tell that you have reached the 10K threshold? Adding up what I have spent so far this year, I think I have made it, but would feel stupid if I fell a few dollars short. With the Hilton Amex cards, there is a tracker on your online dashboard; I wish US Bank would do the same.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by blitzen
It is one per 10k and it is several weeks after the card anniversary
Can a (US) Radisson Rewards hotel apply blackout dates and limit use of e-certs (or points redemption)?

I thought if a standard room was available for booking a cash rate, it was supposed to be available for e-cert (or points) booking. However Radisson Rewards member service phone rep seem to say individual properties can block these redemptions.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Can a (US) Radisson Rewards hotel apply blackout dates and limit use of e-certs (or points redemption)?

I thought if a standard room was available for booking a cash rate, it was supposed to be available for e-cert (or points) booking. However Radisson Rewards member service phone rep seem to say individual properties can block these redemptions.
I think they can limit supply and thus apply blackout dates for the e-certs. It is my understanding that the e-certs are not pulled from the same inventory as the award rooms but I might be mistaken. I am basing this on comments I have read in the past where people could book a points award room for a certain day but they could NOT use the e-certs for the same day.

Not sure if posting your question in a credit card promo spend thread is going to get the most comments since it is kind of off topic.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:23 am

Do they post promotions like this fairly often? Was trying to calculate what my point accumulation per year would be. If something like this is usually offered yearly I might as well chalk up another 20k!
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by StringerBell2020
Do they post promotions like this fairly often? Was trying to calculate what my point accumulation per year would be. If something like this is usually offered yearly I might as well chalk up another 20k!
I have seen occasional targeted promos listed on Doctor of Credit for the Radisson card. I got the card in January 2019. I was not targeted for this promo (spend $500/mo x3 mo, get 10K), but for the months of November/December last year I was targeted for a different promo--double points on up to the next $2000 spent. So that worked out to 10x points per dollar spent on everyday purchases. For me, this was enough to get me to use the card. You also have to consider if putting the extra spend on the card makes it then worth going for the free night certificate. For example, since I maxed this out, I would only need to spend another $8K more to get a free night cert.

Since these are targeted, there is no guarantee. It does seem like a fair number of people with the card get targeted for some promotion, at least.

Of note, the points post very slowly. I completed the promo by mid November, with the promo lasting until the end of the December. It was 10-11 weeks after that (last week) that the bonus points actually posted.
StringerBell2020 likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by StringerBell2020
I just got another targeted offer, but it was really weak. For June & July, 2 extra points per dollar at grocery stores and drug stores (up to $1K spend). Given the grocery bonuses on other cards, this is almost laughable.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I’ve had the card for a number of years. Targeted promos come around every so often but the one referenced above (which I was targeted for anD took advantage of as noted above) was one of the best I can remember. Most of the other targeted promos have had Max earning rates at much lower levels.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I received a targeted offer of plus two points/dollar at grocery stores and drug stores. Not terribly impressive compared to what American Express and CITI are offering, but if it interests you you might check your emails.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mike B
I received a targeted offer of plus two points/dollar at grocery stores and drug stores. Not terribly impressive compared to what American Express and CITI are offering, but if it interests you you might check your emails.
IIRC, many current Amex and Citi offers don't include drug stores, only grocery stores.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Originally Posted by sdsearch
IIRC, many current Amex and Citi offers don't include drug stores, only grocery stores.
Very true! I have made a note that after June 30, The Radisson card will become my drugstore card. For now, my Barclays Aviator (of all things) card is my go to for unbonused spend, as a targeted promotion is giving 3 AA Miles/dollar for a limited time and amount. But Radisson will have its time in the Sun! I’m not at retirement age, but I can see it from here, so I make more drugstore visits and spend than I’d like.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:49 pm

I have received a couple targeted (?) offers in the mail the past week for my Radisson card. One was add an authorized user and get 2000 points. I passed on that.

The other was a spend/statement credit offer that is not great and somewhat complicated. It was for a 1% statement credit per dollar spent (up to $10) after spending at least $250 in specific categories (gas, (groceries, and home improvement stores). It sounds like you have to spend $250 in a specific category to start earning the cash back, and you can earn up to $30 if you spend $1000 in each category (but you cannot spend $3000 in one category--it is like 3 separate bonuses). I am not going to complain that they sent out a promo, but I do not think I will bother registering for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.