Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Radisson Americas extended points expiration to June 20, 2022, but many members received 100 free points that extends the account to November 2023

To extend the expiration date without a stay:
Print Wikipost

Best way to extend the points expiration?

Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I bought 1000 points for $7, as I"m in the same boat, and I'm hoping that works.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by tjst198
The easiest way to keep the miles from expiring is to book an award stay, then cancel it the next day.
Does anyone know if this still works?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately the eReward redemption still has not shown up.

Will try the redemption method. Worst scenario would be to spend $7 to buy 1000 pts.

UPDATE -

I called, and the rep confirmed the 1000 pts rec'd I made the redemption on Dec 1st. The rep said I "purchased" 1000 pts on Dec 2nd.

Online I cannot see the eReward activity even though ALL is the type chosen. Online Earn is the ONLY option on activity to choose from! But the rep can see the 1000 pts coming in, shown as "purchase".

Rep also confirmed award booking that has points deducted would still count when I asked in the case the stay needs to be canceled due to the current uncertainty. This is different from BonVoy and Hyatt - both require the award booking be consumed before the activity would count. A mere point reduction does not move the needle.

This is for future reference, the member service operation hours for the America site is 8am to 10pm US Central Time M-F. 8am to 8pm US Central Time Sat and Sun.
If you need helps from the International site (incl having the US Site rep conferred with the International rep), the operation hours are 2am to 11am US Central Time M-F Only. This tells me the International site call center is located in Europe and they only work M-F, 8am to 5pm their time, versus the US Site's call center is manned by call center in Philippines..

Originally Posted by Happy
I do not receive email of either effect - not the expiration on Dec 31, nor the extension. I redeemed $25 eReward currency (1000 pts) on Dec 1st. eRwards said it will take 2 to 4 weeks.
Back in Aug 2020 it took 4 days for the redemption to show up. But now it is a new program, even with new account number. Who knows?
Hopefully it will show up in a week.

I would also make screen shot on BEFORE and AFTER point balances if using point purchase (of any form) to generate account activities as you can tell whether the "purchase" is successful or not by comparing the balances - a workaround to make sure "purchase" pts are posted.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 18, 2021 at 4:36 pm
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Online I cannot see the eReward activity even though ALL is the type chosen.
For a while I've been having problems with the Radisson Rewards Americas website not showing me my statement (activity) info at all.

No matter what date range I select, it shows nothing.

Well, the other day I noticed that if I force a refresh of the page, it draws two-year old info (ie, oldest sorted first, no matter how I have the sort configured) but them immediately (within a second or so) undraws it and says "nothing found".

So their website seems seriously broken in terms of showing any past activity.

I even tried deleting my cookies in case that was the problem but it didn't help.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
For a while I've been having problems with the Radisson Rewards Americas website not showing me my statement (activity) info at all.

No matter what date range I select, it shows nothing.

Well, the other day I noticed that if I force a refresh of the page, it draws two-year old info (ie, oldest sorted first, no matter how I have the sort configured) but them immediately (within a second or so) undraws it and says "nothing found".

So their website seems seriously broken in terms of showing any past activity.

I even tried deleting my cookies in case that was the problem but it didn't help.
I thought I saw the showing for a split second on my husband's account with his Aug 2020 eReward redemption but it was gone so fast that there was no way to make a screen shot. Though going back to see the screen shots made before and after indeed the total balance changed. Hence unfortunately if you have any activities that would change the balance, the only way to make sure such activities are posted correctly is to compare the bal before and after.

The site at least finally shows point booking option in the rates even though you cannot make an option from the outset but any rate you chose, would also bring up point / point with money quotes. That my friend, it already is a big step forward over the past 2 years!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:26 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
It seems they extended again the points expiration - this time up June 30th, 2022.

Bizarre, today the Philippines agent was not aware of that.

FWIW, two weeks ago I also inquired by email about my points expiration, but never got an answer.

(fourth last para)
Point expiration suspension:
Weve extended your status into the new year and extended the expiration of points until June 30, 2022.
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/covid-19
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:25 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Expiration of points now until June 30, 2022?

It seems they extended again the points expiration - this time up June 30th, 2022.

Point expiration suspension:
Weve extended your status into the new year and extended the expiration of points until June 30, 2022.

From page below - which was updated two days ago as per Google.
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/covid-19
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I just lost all my points on Dec 31, 2021. Do they normally give courtesy reactivations? I was expecting it to be made active further:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/11/12/...november-2023/
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Does transfering points to spouse reset the clock?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:58 am

Rather than spend time with this, I just bought the minimum amount of points (1250 for $7) to insure my points would not expire unexpectedly. As soon as I can get a Europe trip scheduled, I will spend all my points somewhere and call it a day. They have given me no reason to continue with their "loyalty" program.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
My annual fee on my business card was due (and paid) in Nov and I have yet to see the 40,000 points in my account (I talked to them twice and was told I would get them 'soon'). Some questions:

1) Are the 40,000 points folks are talking above going into their accounts bonus points for the accounts changing, or just their last annual points?
2) Is everyone here talking about the Radisson Americas account, or is it also including the European one as well? Most of my points are in my European account since that's where I spend them most.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:27 pm

I'm perplexed as to why people are concerned about their points expiring given that as long as you either earn points or redeem points for a stay within 24 months, they don't expire. Even those that may be sitting on a boatload of points would surely redeem some of them every 24 months. No?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I'm perplexed as to why people are concerned about their points expiring given that as long as you either earn points or redeem points for a stay within 24 months, they don't expire. Even those that may be sitting on a boatload of points would surely redeem some of them every 24 months. No?
No.
With limited travel for most over the past 2 years, there are plenty like me who may have traveled a little but who don't typically use Radisson. I only use them when I go to Europe, and have been only once since 2019. I am down to ~160K points and will use them all soon, but don't want them to disappear.
mareh, TTT103, Happy and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
there are plenty like me who may have traveled a little but who don't typically use Radisson.
+1
I mostly only stay with Radisson in Scandinavia (and very occasionally in other European countries) so it's not unusual to go a year or two without a stay, and then have a cluster of several stays. The US Bank card was a nice way to keep the points alive and keep earning in between stays. More than once, the points balance and Gold status was a tie-breaker to stay at a Radisson instead of a Scandic when the properties were comparable.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:31 pm

It makes sense. I guess now those of you who have banked points for Europe will need to have at least a one night domestic stay to keep your points active. I know that was not necessarily part of your plan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.