Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson Hotel Group | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can e-certificates be used for any room type?

Old Feb 10, 19, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold

I have just started with the Radisson program so forgive this newbie question. Can e-certificates be used with any room type? For example I am looking at a Country Inn and Suites. It has king studio rooms and king 1-BR suites. I only want the suite type. Will the e-cert allow me to choose it, or must I be stuck with the lower-level studio type? Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - plat PE, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold
Standard room only.
Old Feb 10, 19, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Well pooh. Thanks for quick response!
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredandkell View Post
Well pooh. Thanks for quick response!
what hotel program would let you get a 1 bedroom suite as a Standard Room? Marriott Residence Inn and TPS have 1 and 2 bedroom rooms never saw them available for an award stay, nor Hyatt Place or House
Fredandkell likes this.
Old Feb 11, 19, 7:26 am
Original Poster

I've actually booked a suite with a certificate at Residence Inn several times (in fact, just did it last week for a RI in New Jersey). You're right that TownePlace Suites never has suites on points/certs. No experience with Hyatt.
Old Feb 11, 19, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz View Post
what hotel program would let you get a 1 bedroom suite as a Standard Room? Marriott Residence Inn and TPS have 1 and 2 bedroom rooms never saw them available for an award stay, nor Hyatt Place or House
1. A program with a non-extended stay n all-suites hotel, such Embassy Suites (a separate brand in Hilton Honors) or Marriott Suites (a small subset of the Marriott brand). It has nothing else, so if you can get a room, you're getting a 1-bedroom (2 room) suite.

In RR, I bet you may be able to get a 1-bedroom (2 room) suite at some Country Inns & Suites which are close to all-suites (such as the one in Santa Ana, CA, where I've never gotten a non-suite room when booking the cheapest paid room, so I'm not sure if they even exist. (It was originally a Quality Suites, then went indie, then turned into Country Inns & Suites, which doesn't seem to have a Country Suites moniker for those properties which are all-suites.) Now, these are not as fancy as Embassy Suites suites, but they are two rooms with a door between them typically.

2. Choice Privileges often lets you get suites at the same price as "standard" rooms, but it depends on the hotel. Not all of them are 1-bedroom suites of course, but sometimes they are expensive:

One room suite: $2900 or 16K points??

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 11, 19 at 11:16 am