Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

I hadn't seen anything posted...so here goes. Why am I in Brunei? Added to my country list, but I ended up with it because I was trying to find a short SQ flight in F so that I could use the F lounge at SIN, long layover, prior to a J flight home.

Finishing a two night stay. No status with Radisson. I joined Radisson Rewards for the purpose of booking. Not many enticing hotels in Brunei, at least not for me. Radisson fit the budget. Upon booking, I was offered a relatively inexpensive upgrade to the executive floor, including breakfast, but the property had to 'accept' my request. Back to that in a moment.

Apparently this used to be a Sheraton - not sure when it switched.

Taxi from airport was $25 BND, but apparently could have been had for $20 BND. About a 20 minute drive.

Check-in was OK. Hotel was not familiar with the upgrade offer. I showed the staff member the confirmation, and she upgraded me. Note that the upgrade offer was for $35 BND/night, including breakfast. Breakfast by itself would have been $18 BND/person. And no convenient other place to eat breakfast.

Executive level (6th floor) king. Room seemed recently renovated. New fixtures in bathroom and nice size TV.

Lounge - not a big deal. Coffee, water, tea, soft drinks throughout the day. But don't count on any dinner-like snacks in the evening. Night 1 - meatballs - but were cold. Night 2 - cheese bread bites. Both nights - a (very) few other offerings. Also, if you are here for work, there is plenty of quiet work space available. (As I type this, there is a guest who has complained to the handful of us in the room that he is less than pleased with the lounge offerings as he expected enough for dinner. He (politely but firmly) guilted the hotel into bringing him dinner, delivered to the lounge.)

Breakfast - buffet - nothing out of the ordinary for a SE Asia chain hotel.

The location is walkable down to the river in order to take a water taxi somewhere. The property offers a complimentary shuttle to the night market/shopping mall.

Hotel staff is exceeding pleasant and helpful. It seems as if they truly want you to be their guest.

Last edited by lamphs; Feb 10, 2019 at 3:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.