Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah Corniche
Radisson Blu Azuri Resort & Spa, Mauritius
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria Mogan
Radisson Blu Hotel Altstadt, Salzburg

Two Cat. 7 moved down to 6 including:
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront

Increases or decreases in category were only up/down ONE category with the exception of one hotel dropped two categories:
Radisson Hotel Barra Rio de Janeiro (5 to 3)
Brendan and _kurt like this.

Last edited by christianj; Feb 5, 2019 at 5:33 am
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
https://www.radissonrewards.com/offe...34bNRvyMoMYa9w

I stayed at Park Inn Puerto Varas, Chile for 9000 points last year each night, I figured it wouldn't last as they were charging close to $100 a night.

At least in Chicago area there's 1 property going to be C1 (Prospect Heights)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Danke sehr, Christianj!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Argh...

The Szczecin and Swinoujscie properties move up from 15K to 28K. But the one that breaks my heart is the Radisson Budapest going from 15K to 28K. That one was such a great value given how much the taxes are on cash rates there.

At least RR is giving us over 3 weeks notice to book rooms at the old rates. Unlike Hilton when they jacked up redemption rates overnight last year.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:02 am

I earn my points by using the credit card and have traditionally used my points to stay at category 2 hotels. I think every hotel I have used in the past 2 or 3 years just moved from category 2 to 3 almost doubling the number of points I would need.

For me this looks devastating. I will take another look at the credit card but if I no longer see any value in the card then I have no reason to stay at Radisson hotels.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh yeah, Kenban, one of the worst things about RR is the big jump from 15K for a Cat. 2 hotel to 28K for Cat. 3 ! Plus, way too many $90--100 CI&S's are 28K, some even 38K!
I wish they went 9 or 10/ 15/ 20/ 30/ 40/ 50/ and maybe 60K instead of 70K for Cat. 7.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Oh yeah, Kenban, one of the worst things about RR is the big jump from 15K for a Cat. 2 hotel to 28K for Cat. 3 ! Plus, way too many $90--100 CI&S's are 28K, some even 38K!
About 6 or 7 of 15K hotels I frequent are moving from 15K to 28K with this change. A couple of them were only 9K a couple of years ago.
I wish they went 9 or 10/ 15/ 20/ 30/ 40/ 50/ and maybe 60K instead of 70K for Cat. 7.
Their redemption levels are somewhat odd: 9K>15K (6K higher)>28K (13K higher)>38K (10K higher)>44K (6K higher)>50K (6K higher).
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
The redemption levels for the hotels changing categories have already changed. I made some redemptions this morning at the old levels, but I looked this afternoon, and the new categories were already in place, early. Unless the company is now running on Shanghai time.

My trust in this company was already falling, but this is just plain sloppy service.

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Their redemption levels are somewhat odd: 9K>15K (6K higher)>28K (13K higher)>38K (10K higher)>44K (6K higher)>50K (6K higher).
I agree. Those redemption levels are really strange. It means that by %, a category change at the lower levels is a huge % change. At the upper levels, not so much.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
I used to stay on points at Category 1 & 2 hotels and have made good use of points in the past in Iceland, Hungary and Lithuania.
However, I'm now having trouble finding value in the remaining options.
Any suggestion for good value properties left?
Maybe using Cash+Points would help?
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
I was pleasantly surprised that Park Inn Dresden is only 15k for a night. Can be a great value on certain dates, I'm going there myself in couple of weeks.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
**Deleted**

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; May 6, 2019 at 1:40 pm
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all Radisson Rewards hotels and award categories? They used to post this on their website (sortable by category, and listing all regions on each category page), but now, their website is much clunkier, and we need to search/sort for/by specific countries (and, potentially, cities) to find any of this info.

For reference, I reached out to Radisson Rewards asking for this list, and they just directed me to the website.

Any insights?

Last edited by Yarhead; Aug 9, 2019 at 2:10 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
You can use this. You can use the slider to choose how many points you want to use (similar to picking a category). You can further optionally filter by specifying a country. The only down side is you will have to keep clicking on "LOAD MORE" to see the next 9 properties.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...-nights/hotels
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by happychic
You can use this. You can use the slider to choose how many points you want to use (similar to picking a category). You can further optionally filter by specifying a country. The only down side is you will have to keep clicking on "LOAD MORE" to see the next 9 properties.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...-nights/hotels
That's a great chart BUT missing is a calendar of availability. You have to click on each property and plug in various dates to see if there is any actual availability, which often doesn't have any availability. Showing all those properties looks great but finding award nights is very time consuming. Overall I'm finding Radisson sucks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemiana
That's a great chart BUT missing is a calendar of availability. You have to click on each property and plug in various dates to see if there is any actual availability, which often doesn't have any availability. Showing all those properties looks great but finding award nights is very time consuming. Overall I'm finding Radisson sucks.
If you look up specific dates with no award availability, you can click on a link which will pop up a calendar with award availability. However, it will only show what is available based upon how many nights are in the stay search. So if you are looking for 3 nights, it will not show the single night award availability on that calendar.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.