FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Any 2019 Radisson Rewards Promotions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1949897-any-2019-radisson-rewards-promotions.html)

christianj Jan 8, 2019 10:35 am

Any 2019 Radisson Rewards Promotions?

Historically Radisson or in the past Club Carlson has run some very good 1Q promotions over the last couple of years. I have a 4 night stay in Germany at the end of the month and was wondering if there were any current promotions. I searched but could not find any! In the past I know they had a double points promo as well as a 20k for 4 nights promo that I took advantage of at this time of year.

dimon84 Jan 8, 2019 12:19 pm

There are no global promotions except the January weekend sale (not related to points) at the moment.

dabee69 Jan 9, 2019 10:30 am

Originally Posted by christianj (Post 30627729)
Historically Radisson or in the past Club Carlson has run some very good 1Q promotions over the last couple of years. I have a 4 night stay in Germany at the end of the month and was wondering if there were any current promotions. I searched but could not find any! In the past I know they had a double points promo as well as a 20k for 4 nights promo that I took advantage of at this time of year.

No, Radisson Rewards is The Worst hotel loyalty program available.

sdsearch Jan 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69 (Post 30632418)

So Ref Roof RediCard is better? :confused:

https://www.redroof.com/redicard/why-redicard

And what makes WyndhamRewards better? And it merger partner La Qunita Returns?

dimon84 Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by dabee69 (Post 30632418)

i would say accor. Lol. But RR is now second worst.

christianj Jan 16, 2019 5:56 am

Lucky just posted this promo on his blog which definitely comes in handy. I have 4 nights booked in Germany next week and one night at a HH property. Looks like I will change the HH reservation to RR so I get the 5 nights bonus. I think giving them one more night is worth 40k more points! :D

https://onemileatatime.com/radisson-...m=BoardingArea

vincewy Jan 16, 2019 8:02 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 30639479)
So Ref Roof RediCard is better? :confused:

https://www.redroof.com/redicard/why-redicard

And what makes WyndhamRewards better? And it merger partner La Qunita Returns?

I just don't understand how bloggers keep ripping RR and the credit card. On the credit card alone, even if you just pay annual fee, that 40K points come handy, I just booked 1 night at Radisson Blu Saga in Reykjavik for 44K points, which would be almost $300 revenue stay. If you spend more than $10K that return is even higher with free night(s). Perhaps it's a good thing that people keep bashing the program so leeches stay away,

Originally Posted by christianj (Post 30661065)
Lucky just posted this promo on his blog which definitely comes in handy. I have 4 nights booked in Germany next week and one night at a HH property. Looks like I will change the HH reservation to RR so I get the 5 nights bonus. I think giving them one more night is worth 40k more points! :D

https://onemileatatime.com/radisson-rewards-promotion/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea

Also double dip with current AmEx promotion, spend $100 or more on Park Inn/Country Inn in US and get $20 off.

christianj Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 30661484)
I just don't understand how bloggers keep ripping RR and the credit card. On the credit card alone, even if you just pay annual fee, that 40K points come handy, I just booked 1 night at Radisson Blu Saga in Reykjavik for 44K points, which would be almost $300 revenue stay. If you spend more than $10K that return is even higher with free night(s). Perhaps it's a good thing that people keep bashing the program so leeches stay away,

Also double dip with current AmEx promotion, spend $100 or more on Park Inn/Country Inn in US and get $20 off.

I would agree that I just don't get some people's negative attitude towards RR. If the program doesn't work for you...stay away and stop complaining about it. For me it works SOMETIMES and when it works it usually does so in Europe and not in the US.

Didn't know about the AMEX promo but sadly all my 1Q stays are in Germany so I can't use it.

the810 Jan 17, 2019 10:03 am

I guess it depends on your market. Radisson seems to be pretty strong brand in Europe and if you read reviews, you will often see that Europeans have a high expectations from the Radisson properties and are disappointed if they are not high-quality, while American reviewers ten to be surprised when they stay at Radisson and love it. I guess it's natural, with Radisson having some excellent properties in Europe (although there are few that damage the brand and should be either updated or got rid off), while their US properties suck. It could make sense to rebrand those Radissons that are not Blu ( = not so good properties) to something more distinct from overall Radisson brand.

There's a lot to be desired when it comes to consistency, but most hotels actually provide good benefits to elites.

SimpleManToo Jan 17, 2019 3:05 pm

So whats the general opinion of the Radisson 2019 Promotion

So what is the general option of the Radisson 2019 Promotion? I don't travel Europe and mostly have Country Inn's in the area in which I travel and was wondering if I should bypass the Hilton 1st Quarter Promotion in favor of going for 120,000 points at Radisson. My experience has been poor with them in the past (Hated Split Radisson Blue Hotel), Good many run down Country Inn & Suites. but still 20 nights =120,000 points with their best rooms costing say 70,000 points a night.
  • Stay 1 Night: Earn 1,000 Bonus Points
  • Stay 1 additional Night: Earn 2,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 3,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 3 additional Nights: Earn 7,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 10,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 5 additional Nights: Earn 40,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 50,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 10 additional Nights: Earn 70,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 120,000 Bonus Points)
So as you can see, you can max out the promotion by staying a total of 20 nights, in which case you’d earn a total of 120,000 bonus points, which is an average of 6,000 bonus points per night.

sdsearch Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo (Post 30667877)
So what is the general option of the Radisson 2019 Promotion? I don't travel Europe and mostly have Country Inn's in the area in which I travel and was wondering if I should bypass the Hilton 1st Quarter Promotion in favor of going for 120,000 points at Radisson. My experience has been poor with them in the past (Hated Split Radisson Blue Hotel), Good many run down Country Inn & Suites. but still 20 nights =120,000 points with their best rooms costing say 70,000 points a night.
  • Stay 1 Night: Earn 1,000 Bonus Points
  • Stay 1 additional Night: Earn 2,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 3,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 3 additional Nights: Earn 7,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 10,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 5 additional Nights: Earn 40,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 50,000 Bonus Points)
  • Stay 10 additional Nights: Earn 70,000 additional Bonus Points (totalling 120,000 Bonus Points)
So as you can see, you can max out the promotion by staying a total of 20 nights, in which case you’d earn a total of 120,000 bonus points, which is an average of 6,000 bonus points per night.

It can depend on lot what areas you need to stay in. Me, I'm probably passing on it, because there's list one Country Inn where I'll be staying that's nice enough but often a bit pricey, and the Radissons are further away and have horrid reviews anyway. OTOH there are tons of decent-or-better Hilton Honors properties to choose from in the same area. So it's far that reason that I'm skipping this bonus mostly (maybe I'll do 1 or 2 nights?), while going full tilt on the Hilton promo.

But the, I just earned 25000 points (15000 from one targeted promo stacked with 10000 from another target promo) with just one County Inn stay. So comparing to that, or even to either one of those targeted promos alone, this seems to need a lot more stays to get about the same. Meanwhile I may (or may not?) have another targeted 10k promo (I got a second email after the first one, and it says 90 days from the date of the email, but was otherwise identical, so it's unclear to me if it's the same re-sent or a new promo), and if I do, that seems way better than staying 5 nights to get the same bonus.

As to using Radisson points, it depends again a lot on where you're going. In Cape Town, South Africa I got a nice Radisson Blu for not too many points per night (a second one was double that tho). But that was the first time I was somewhere where Radisson points worked for me in several years. Too many cities especially in the USA have only poorly-reviewed Radisson family properties, or the only well-reviewed properties are cheap-on-cash Country Inns where better to earn points than use points. So it's mainly overseas, but only some places overseas, where Radisson works for redemption for many people.

Fanjet Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm

I read the T&Cs of this promo. It looks like stays uing points and P&C also qualify. There are about a dozen 15K point hotels I stay at (a couple of which were only 9K points until last year). And I calculated that I can max out the 20-night threshold with 11 paid nights and 9 award nights (without any reduction in my account point balance afterwards). So given the rates I would be paying, my average night stay would come to about $32-33 per night for the total 20 nights. ^

The only drawback is that this promo ends at the end of March.

kiowavt Mar 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Alas, I have made the 10 nights. But one is a points night. Rules say that counts. But no points came and half the people I try to get to help me cannot see and thus count the 10th night! Ugh! So annoying. The other half go off the phone for 15 minutes and come back saying yes, the rules support that, points will come soon. Crazy-making! Pretty clear in their emails and online: "Stays paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are eligible for the Promotion. Stays booked prior to but are consumed during the promotional period are also eligible."

kiowavt Apr 2, 2019 5:58 am

They finally made good on the points. The day after the offer expired. But only after contacting them. Not feeling very trusting of the promotions with them for the future. This one was too good to pass up but far too much effort to have them delivered. Yet again they said I only had 9 nights. Wrote back a long email and they found the 10th one. Ugh.