Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

How easy is it to get approved for the Radisson Business Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I have one other USB card (US Bank Altitude Reserve, and I'm 2/6, 3/12 and 14/24. I also have a checking account with minimal funds. Is the current offer of 85K a decent deal?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
I have one other USB card (US Bank Altitude Reserve, and I'm 2/6, 3/12 and 14/24. I also have a checking account with minimal funds. Is the current offer of 85K a decent deal?
I think it's been 85k "forever", so if 85k isn't a decent deal, then presumably no Radisson Rewards credit card offer would work for you. Radisson Rewards properties are sometimes very differently priced, with a 30k hotel that's similar to a 60k hotel a short distance away. If you don't mind using the 30k hotel, it's a good value, and 85k is probably a good signup bonus deal. If you would only stay at the 60k properties, then it's not much more than one night from the signup bonus.

Oh, and be aware that you may not be able to stack: I've heard that if you apply for two different Radisson Rewards cards (one business, one personal) they give you a different RR account number for the second card, which you can't fix easily. So you can't easily apply for multiple RR cards and add up signup bonuses (on one account), unless that issue has been fixed recently.

As to how easy: All I can tell you is that I was approved as easily as with other mainstream banks, but OTOH I was I think about 3/24 on my credit report already (because I'd been applying for nothing other than business cards for close to 2 years), and I had a couple US Bank cards (Cash+ converted from FlexPerks converted long ago from Northwest Airlines, plus LATAM Pass which I'd had for several years). No checking with US Bank though.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

I was approved with a low credit limit. The app did go pending - and then about 2 days later the card appeared in my online account.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
I was approved with a low credit limit. The app did go pending - and then about 2 days later the card appeared in my online account.
Keep in mind that since this card doesn't report to EQ/EX/TU, you can walk right up to that credit limit without affecting your credit score at all. With a personal card, you'd want to stay below 30% of the credit limit (at the moment it reports to the credit bureaus monthly) to not have a negative effect on your credit score.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that you need to set up separate account access at US Bank to be able to actually see full details and to pay this business card. US Bank shows something about your business card in your personal card summary, but it's inaccurate and incomplete there.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It just got harder, as all working links seem to be gone:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-b...ilable-online/

Hard to say what's going on. They could be discontinuing it, or they could be planning some changes to it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.