Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10k points for 10 $10 purchases on RR Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Only trouble is, my AF has posted on my new Dec. 4 statement, and I intend to cancel this card. If I wait till my next statement posts in early January, it might be too late to avoid the AF.
So maybe I can ask them to change my closing date to their mid-month option, grab my 10K on ~Dec. 18, then say GOODBYE!

PS to Happy: It should be sooner than you think!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
YAY, I see my pending 10k awards too! Woo Hoo!
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Only trouble is, my AF has posted on my new Dec. 4 statement, and I intend to cancel this card. If I wait till my next statement posts in early January, it might be too late to avoid the AF.
So maybe I can ask them to change my closing date to their mid-month option, grab my 10K on ~Dec. 18, then say GOODBYE!

PS to Happy: It should be sooner than you think!
Just checked. Saw the 10K pending. It did not show when the statement closed on 12/03.

My AF was billed on 11/05 and statement closed on 12/03. 0 pts on that statement and no pending at that time either.
I am keeping the card for its 2nd year because we may be able to use some nights in Europe and Australia in 2019. Else the program is useless in US or Asia (unless you go to India!) After that, this card definitely will go. Very difficult to use award night inside US.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 17, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
I just logged in to my Radisson Rewards Visa® account again, which I have been doing almost daily. Today my 10K bonus has shown up, so I will get it around Jan. 3 when my next statement closes. It posted too late to be sent over upon my Dec. 4 statement.
It is PURPOSEDLY DONE by US Bank, especially to accounts that come to the anniversary dates.

Same situation here but I decided to keep the card for second year due to potential travel needs in 2019.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks, Happy! I suspected as much, but I also have gotten bonus earning opportunities early or in the middle of my membership year, where I got the points long before my AF was billed .
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
10K has posted to my Radisson account.. woohoo.. now I wait for the anniversary points to post.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by duranza
10K has posted to my Radisson account.. woohoo.. now I wait for the anniversary points to post.
Same
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by slickvik
Same
10,000 points posted to my account today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.