Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

15000 points w/ 1 stay promo - works overseas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist

You get 15k points for any stay paid for with cash or points.

"Eligible stay...means a night at a Participating Property that is booked at an Eligible Rate, identified in the Participating Property’s reservation system as eligible for points."

If I book one night at the Radisson Cairo for 9000 points, does that mean they're paying me 6000 points to stay?

https://www.radissonrewards.com/secu...4-15k.ctaimage
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:19 am

Why wouldn't it?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by eethan
You get 15k points for any stay paid for with cash or points.

"Eligible stay...means a night at a Participating Property that is booked at an Eligible Rate, identified in the Participating Property’s reservation system as eligible for points."

If I book one night at the Radisson Cairo for 9000 points, does that mean they're paying me 6000 points to stay?

https://www.radissonrewards.com/secu...4-15k.ctaimage
Bookings where you redeem points to pay for the entire stay are unlikely to trigger the bonus and count as an eligible stay for a promotion like this. Or at least that has been my experience with prior Radisson promos.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Bookings where you redeem points to pay for the entire stay are unlikely to trigger the bonus and count as an eligible stay for a promotion like this.
This one is different. Read the t&c's.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
This one is different. Read the t&c's.
I had read them.

Stays or nights paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are eligible for the promotion only if the stay is eligible for earning points.

I can’t recall the last time when I’ve earned points on a points-only stay at Radisson hotels. Aren’t such bookings generally ineligible for earning points for the room?

Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Isn't this another one of those promos where they will let you register, then deny your bonus points because you weren't actually targeted by email?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Isn't this another one of those promos where they will let you register, then deny your bonus points because you weren't actually targeted by email?
it is the one indeed! I chatted to FB agent and asked if am eligible for any of the three versions of this promo, she said no.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by GUWonder

I had read them.

Stays or nights paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are eligible for the promotion only if the stay is eligible for earning points.

I can’t recall the last time when I’ve earned points on a points-only stay at Radisson hotels. Aren’t such bookings generally ineligible for earning points for the room?

So, enticed by this promo, I redeemed 5K points to stay at a bargain basement Park Inn. Even though I read the T&Cs, I still was pleasantly surprised when the 15K bonus appeared in my account, thus netting 10K for the stay. Very pleased.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:29 am

Interesting - I decided to get a try at this through my corporate travel rates once I got one for just under 200 EUR for a night's stay in Rome, topped it up with a 50+ EUR dinner only to find it wasn't eligible for either points or the bonus.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Anyone get their 15,000 bonus points for 1 night with this promo ?
It's supposed to be valid until the end of the year.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
NOPE! I'm in a pissing match with them right now. I received the inducement to register and stay. I ended booking one of my work trips a couple of weeks ago at a Country Inn to match this promo.
No bonus points - have been emailing with them back and forth. They keep pointing out that one has to register via a targeted email (which I did).

What a colossal waste of time this was - the hotel was fairly terrible and I would have been happier at my usual Hampton Inn.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
NOPE! I'm in a pissing match with them right now. I received the inducement to register and stay. I ended booking one of my work trips a couple of weeks ago at a Country Inn to match this promo.
No bonus points - have been emailing with them back and forth. They keep pointing out that one has to register via a targeted email (which I did).
Did you make a printout of the registration confirmation page and if so have you sent that to them?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you make a printout of the registration confirmation page and if so have you sent that to them?
Yes! I saved it because I figured these guys would give me a hard time. They are alleging I didn't enroll by being targeted via email and then navigating over via that email to register. I did email them the PDF of my confirmation of registration. But, they are basically saying I incorrectly registered, that I wasn't targeted, and my registration is invalid.

So disgusted by all of this - I literally only stayed at the crappy Country Inn because of the promo. Would have been much happier elsewhere, but I can't exert more energy on these losers.

This was their response - gives them an "out" - but I'm not sure how you can prove you navigated over from a targeted email

"Thank you for your reply and for the attached file.
I really do want to assist you getting that Promo, however, a Terms and Condition is attached to a promo for a reason. Even on your attachment, on the lower part, on the second paragraph (ii) states:
To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) be a Radisson RewardsTM (formerly Club CarlsonSM) member; (ii) have received a private email invitation to participate in the promotion ("Eligible Member"); (iii) register online at the link provided via email for the Promotion prior to checkout; (iv) provide your Radisson Rewards member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; and (v) book and complete at least one (1) Eligible Stay during the Promotion Period. Pre-existing reservations for stays during the Promotion Period are not eligible. "
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Yes! I saved it because I figured these guys would give me a hard time. They are alleging I didn't enroll by being targeted via email and then navigating over via that email to register. I did email them the PDF of my confirmation of registration. But, they are basically saying I incorrectly registered, that I wasn't targeted, and my registration is invalid.

[...]

I'm not sure how you can prove you navigated over from a targeted email
Do you still have the email (or a printout of it)? I still have mine (dated Mon, Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am Pacific Time), and it says "Hello, <my name>" at the top, and then:

"Register today and earn 15,000 bonus points when you book your next stay at any of our more than 1,100 properties worldwide.

This exclusive one time bonus offer is available to you now through December 28, 2018.+"

so it seems pretty clear that I was targeted. (Though I noticed my "register now" link in that email no longer works, in that it just pulls up a blank page.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 16, 2018 at 11:24 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do you still have the email (or a printout of it)? I still have mine (dated Mon, Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am Pacific Time), and it says "Hello, <my name>" at the top, and then:

"Register today and earn 15,000 bonus points when you book your next stay at any of our more than 1,100 properties worldwide.

This exclusive one time bonus offer is available to you now through December 28, 2018.+"

so it seems pretty clear that I was targeted. (Though I noticed my "register now" link in that email no longer works, in that it just pulls up a blank page.)
Unfortunately, I didn't save the original email where they targeted me with the promo. Evidently that's what they are hanging their hat on. It's pathetic that one would have to save that to prove it.
Chalk it up to a basic lesson learned. I'm probably just going to burn my points, cancel the credit card and kiss off Radisson Rewards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.