Using Free night certifcate in Europe

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Using Free night certifcate in Europe

hi, i am trying to use my free night certifcate (earned by spending $10K on my Radisson Visa card) in Austria & switzerland, but i cannot find anything available even though there are standard award rooms for point redemption. I can find availibiity in US so the certificate itself is OK

Has anyone had this issue?

thanks!
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sbbi
hi, i am trying to use my free night certifcate (earned by spending $10K on my Radisson Visa card) in Austria & switzerland, but i cannot find anything available even though there are standard award rooms for point redemption. I can find availibiity in US so the certificate itself is OK

Has anyone had this issue?

thanks!
You might want to look at the terms of the certificates! See cut and paste below....I bolded and underlined the US property part!

When you spend $10,000 in eligible Net Purchases, and renew your card by paying the annual fee, you can earn one Radisson RewardsTM Visa Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (“E-Cert”). For every additional $10,000 in eligible net spend, you will receive an additional Free Night E-Cert, up to two additional E-Certs given during the 12-month statement cycle period immediately prior to the annual anniversary of the Account opening date. Limit of three Free Night E-Certs per 12-month statement cycle. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Radisson Rewards Account Profile in order to receive your E-Cert(s). Your E-Cert(s) will be available in your Radisson Rewards account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked on a Radisson Family of Hotels website using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, or Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotel located in the United States. All taxes are included. All incidental charges, such as gratuities, parking, resort fees, room service and room entertainment are excluded. E-Certs expire 12 months from the date of issuance as indicated above and in your Radisson Rewards online account. E-Certs are not valid for existing reservations and may not be used in conjunction with packages, promotions, group, convention or discounted rates, or used in combination with other gift certificates, e-certificates or vouchers. E-Certs are valid only for the issued Account owner, may only be used once, and may not be assigned, transferred, brokered, bartered, sold, posted online or altered in any way. E-Certs have no cash value. Void where prohibited by law. U.S. Bank is not responsible for the E-Cert fulfillment.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj
You might want to look at the terms of the certificates! See cut and paste below....I bolded and underlined the US property part!

When you spend $10,000 in eligible Net Purchases, and renew your card by paying the annual fee, you can earn one Radisson RewardsTM Visa Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (E-Cert). For every additional $10,000 in eligible net spend, you will receive an additional Free Night E-Cert, up to two additional E-Certs given during the 12-month statement cycle period immediately prior to the annual anniversary of the Account opening date. Limit of three Free Night E-Certs per 12-month statement cycle. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Radisson Rewards Account Profile in order to receive your E-Cert(s). Your E-Cert(s) will be available in your Radisson Rewards account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked on a Radisson Family of Hotels website using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, or Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotel located in the United States. All taxes are included. All incidental charges, such as gratuities, parking, resort fees, room service and room entertainment are excluded. E-Certs expire 12 months from the date of issuance as indicated above and in your Radisson Rewards online account. E-Certs are not valid for existing reservations and may not be used in conjunction with packages, promotions, group, convention or discounted rates, or used in combination with other gift certificates, e-certificates or vouchers. E-Certs are valid only for the issued Account owner, may only be used once, and may not be assigned, transferred, brokered, bartered, sold, posted online or altered in any way. E-Certs have no cash value. Void where prohibited by law. U.S. Bank is not responsible for the E-Cert fulfillment.
Thx, not the OP but was crunching the #s if MS was worthwhile to get the certs, now the answer is No Way, I know there are a couple of Blus and NYC but I dont need it for those locations.Thx for saving me from wasting my time & $$. I missed the US properties only
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by craz
Thx, not the OP but was crunching the #s if MS was worthwhile to get the certs, now the answer is No Way, I know there are a couple of Blus and NYC but I dont need it for those locations.Thx for saving me from wasting my time & $$. I missed the US properties only
I'm not putting a lot of spend on the card either (mainly due to the fact that I already have a ton of points I want to start burning before adding more) BUT it could make sense if you think about the fact that a $10k spend in a non-bonus category can land you 2 free nights in NYC at the Cassa Hotel. $10k x 5 points per $1 = 50k PLUS the free night certificate. Not many cards out there that offer that type of return for a $10k spend.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

I'm not putting a lot of spend on the card either (mainly due to the fact that I already have a ton of points I want to start burning before adding more) BUT it could make sense if you think about the fact that a $10k spend in a non-bonus category can land you 2 free nights in NYC at the Cassa Hotel. $10k x 5 points per $1 = 50k PLUS the free night certificate. Not many cards out there that offer that type of return for a $10k spend.
since I live in NYC (not Manhattan) no need for a hotel there. that aside if Wyndham has anything decent then just $7500 in Spend at a supermkt gets you 1 free night or apx $93 in fees to get the 15k MSing

I just got the CC again 80K worth the AF, will CX the card I usually overnight at ZRH a couple of times a year, and The Rad is 70k, theres a PI for 44k, but free shuttle to Hotel got to pay to get back, but theres nothing like walking out the hotel and in <5 mins going thru security (bags are held overnight < 24 hrs layover) miss the shuttle or its full can mean missing the flight. I called once and was told I had to sign up when I get to the hotel well getting there at best 9pm probably means most good times are maxed out and having to leave extra early. The extra pts well worth it for The Rad

Personally have stayed a ta hand full of Rads in The US (no Blu or NYC) and theres a very good reason they are with RR, no one else will have them. Was just in the Baltics and RR was the best way to go with very decent props to boot, too bad its not like that over here
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:19 pm

craz...Agree that in certain areas of Europe Radisson is the way to go as the other big hotel chains have a limited presence. For the certificate redemptions I think in the the US the best options for a "good" Radisson are probalby the following unless you find a CI&S that is in a location where the price goes crazy for a special event:

NYC - Cassa and Martinique (which is to leave RR)
Chicago - Radisson Blu
Minneapolis - Radisson Blu and Radisson Red
Melbourne FL - Radisson Suites Oceanfront
Toronto Harbourfront
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:01 pm
Suspended

craz...Agree that in certain areas of Europe Radisson is the way to go as the other big hotel chains have a limited presence. For the certificate redemptions I think in the the US the best options for a "good" Radisson are probalby the following unless you find a CI&S that is in a location where the price goes crazy for a special event:

Chicago - Radisson Blu
Toronto Harbourfront
Fully agree, thats why Im left out either Im never in those locations or have places to stay with friends. Ive yet to find a CIS where there wasnt another choice at a FS on the cheap. For others once they crunch the #s it may workout for them, it doesnt for me, since its not an Intl cert. Its nice that its offered just doesnt work for me.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Chicago - Radisson Blu
Toronto Harbourfront

Do the free night certs work in Canada as well?
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Do the free night certs work in Canada as well?
My bad! T&C do say United States but I seem to remember someone posting that they were able to use in Canada. I don't have a certificate number so maybe someone else could try.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Wink

My cert.s of this kind have always been rejected online for Canadian hotels, just as Sbbi's were in Austria & Switzerland. AFAIK, they really do mean it when they say "USA only!" Anyhow, the Toronto Harbourfront is a great use of 44K points per night ( which = US$8,800 of Visa spending! )
Another great use of the cert. in summer only is the CI&S Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where rooms cost > $300 a night! Or 44K points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.