Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Late checkout - guaranteed or "based on availability"

Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold

Apologies if this has asked before, but I'm wondering what's your overall experience with late checkout being denied to Gold and above?

From Radisson Rewards terms, it appears pretty clear that a 2-hour late checkout is a fixed benefit, rather than something that's at the hotel's discretion or based on availability like upgrades.

Today, however, I got a fairly rude "The hotel is fully booked so we can't do anything" response from the Radisson Blu St. Julians (Malta) reception, and when I double checked whether it shouldn't be a guaranteed benefit for gold, got the same response repeated.

The best part - I then went to check the same hotel for today's date on their site and .... sure enough, there's availability for the same day in the same room type I was in!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Rather interesting question as it does not say a "guaranteed", nor does it say "subject to availability" in the terms and conditions.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Just to update, I messaged Radisson Rewards who submitted a complaint with the hotel manager and shortly thereafter had an email from the hotel apologizing and delivering the standard "email me directly if you ever visit our hotel again" line. According to them, it was a misinformed receptionist and not their normal practice -- go figure.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dimon84
Rather interesting question as it does not say a "guaranteed", nor does it say "subject to availability" in the terms and conditions.
The way I read it, it says "Early check-in or late check-out upon request for Eligible Stays.6" and in footnotes only that eligible stay means the Elite member needs to be the registered guest and that early check-in and late check-out means 2 hours prior or after the standard time.

Nothing about the benefit being at the property's discretion, so the publicised benefit should apply in all cases and it should be up to the hotel to make sure they can deliver it, as it's part of the package, so to speak.

Otherwise, it would be like pre-paying for a breakfest inclusive rate and then the hotel telling you at breakfast time that their restaurant is actually closed.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I ask for it fairly often and have never had the request turned down. Last week in Bremen I asked for a 16.00 check out, no problem, they didn't say anything when I actually checked out at 17.00.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.