Radisson Rewards launched

Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Radisson Rewards launched

As previously announced, program was rebranded to Radisson Rewards today. So far there are few minor changes to the program:
  • Concierge level is now called Platinum level
  • Qualification requirements have been lowered: Silver now requires 9 nights or 6 stays (previously 15n/10s), Gold now requires 30 nights or 20 stays (previously 35n/20s), Platinum now requires 60 nights or 30 stays (previously 75n/30s).
  • Complimentary two bottles of water are now provided for every Radisson Rewards member.
  • Elite member services line is now only available to Platinum members.
  • Free breakfast for Platinum members is no longer limited to continental breakfast (except in the North America where this restriction still applies).
  • Elite members will now earn slightly less points. Silver members will earn 22 points per dollar (formerly 20+15% bonus = 23 points), Gold members will earn 25 points per dollar (formerly 20+35% bonus = 27 points). No change for Platinum members.
  • Cards now have decent design
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Former Radisson Blu Strand (Stockholm) and Radisson Blu Royal (Copenhagen) are re-flagged as Radisson Collection hotels. Hotel websites don't reflect this yet, but you can see their new branding in a map of RR hotels and in a booking system.

Last edited by the810; Mar 5, 2018 at 2:02 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 am

So, no more in-room welcome gift for gold & platinum?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

In-room welcome gift is not affected and is still listed as a benefit. If anything, properties will not get away with providing water as a welcome gift, since it is now a separate benefit.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Our Brands - Radisson Collection
This website features photos of Strand and Royal Copenhagen (which just became Radisson Collection hotels) but also Royal Moscow and Old Mill Belgrade. This suggest these two hotels will soon follow to become Radisson Collection hotels. I've stayed in Old Mill Belgrade couple of days ago and it's an excellent property, so this would make lot of sense.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Good to see *some* improvement, but not enough to win my loyalty back after then 2-4-1s mayhem.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by murilix
Good to see *some* improvement, but not enough to win my loyalty back after then 2-4-1s mayhem.
+1

It looks like the US Bank CC card can now earn up to 3x free hotel night certs but still limited to US hotels only which more or less kills value to me. It is nice to see they are thinking about improvements but this isn't enough yet, I'll stick to Hilton and SPG/Marriott. Still sitting on six figures of CC points that I cannot find a good use for. I still hold the CC credit card for reasons I don't quite fathom (I think I expect to get to Scandinavia at some point and there is still value to be had there).
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
+1

It looks like the US Bank CC card can now earn up to 3x free hotel night certs
Have you found any details on that? The page the email directed me to has this burb:

Cardholders can now earn up to three award nights per year when they renew, based on their spend (US only)

not clear to me that it refers to US only hotels or US only members (because that is where the card is available).
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:20 pm

2-4-1 issue annoyed me. Burning remaining points on few stays. Not retained status, not enough to tempt me back.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: none
Wow. I get FREE water now.

Woo hoo!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Lower thresholds have been applied retroactively so if someone had for example 32 nights in 2017, they should get Gold status for 2018. Rollover nights are applied similarily.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Wow. I get FREE water now.

Woo hoo!
Don't drink it all in one go

I hope they are considering adding some elite benefits such as free breakfast to make the program more competitive.

I am relieved that they didn't get "creative" with their elite level names. (*cough* Hyatt *cough*)
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
+1

It looks like the US Bank CC card can now earn up to 3x free hotel night certs but still limited to US hotels only which more or less kills value to me. It is nice to see they are thinking about improvements but this isn't enough yet, I'll stick to Hilton and SPG/Marriott. Still sitting on six figures of CC points that I cannot find a good use for. I still hold the CC credit card for reasons I don't quite fathom (I think I expect to get to Scandinavia at some point and there is still value to be had there).
Do you have a link about the 3 free night certs? I can't find it anywhere.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:13 pm

I came close to making my first booking in years. But then I looked more closely: booking through the CC app, one night 2770 in local currency, Agoda 2129, Booking.com 1880.
They really expect people to pay a 50% premium so that stay credits, points will accrue? Dreamin'
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:22 pm

I a. Wondering when I will lose gold status. I have the status through both a personal and a business credit card. Now that all I get is a free North American night (if I spend 10000j I will not be renewing the cards once the annual fee comes due in the summer. Do I have gold status at least through year end?

these changes are minor, but it would have required some improvement more than water to keep me.
Given the previous cutbacks and the low quality of the hotels

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.