Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bratislava park inn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Has anyone requested any accommodation from them, such as being moved to the other radisson property in the city or more than just the original 9000 points back? Does anyone know the best way to make such a request?. Perhaps a letter email or phone call, to which department, which policies or worlds to quote? I am not quite ready, as my booking is still in the future, but might be acting proactively, such as buying Wyndham or choice points in the us travel association promotion, something that I wouldn’t do if my booking was asssured.

thanks for any advice
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:59 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
As far as I'm concerned, I have a valid booking. If they can't provide a room, they have to walk me somewhere and provide an alternative.
i expect them to contact me 1-2 weeks beforehand. If they don't, I will check and ask for re-accommodation. My reservation is in June and I will post what happened then...
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
Has anyone requested any accommodation from them, such as being moved to the other radisson property in the city or more than just the original 9000 points back? Does anyone know the best way to make such a request?. Perhaps a letter email or phone call, to which department, which policies or worlds to quote? I am not quite ready, as my booking is still in the future, but might be acting proactively, such as buying Wyndham or choice points in the us travel association promotion, something that I wouldn’t do if my booking was asssured.

thanks for any advice
If you booked directly with RHG, contact Radisson Rewards via e-mail or phone. I suppose e-mail is a better choice since this is not urgent (since your booking is some time in the future) and agent will have more time to explore options - I suppose most agents have no idea about this situation. Personally, I'd expect to be rebooked into Radisson Blu if Park Inn can't honour the booking (maybe you can try suggesting that - politely but firmly request them to provide you with alternative accommodation if they can't honour original booking).

Radisson Blu Carlton is 5 minutes of walking away, in similar location (I would personally prefer RB location, although PI is closer to transit hub and buses to Vienna airport) and is possibly better property, so it would be an upgrade.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Fyd
As far as I'm concerned, I have a valid booking. If they can't provide a room, they have to walk me somewhere and provide an alternative.
i expect them to contact me 1-2 weeks beforehand. If they don't, I will check and ask for re-accommodation. My reservation is in June and I will post what happened then...
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to contact you. I had a reservation with them for this past weekend. I never received any contact and I just cancelled it as I was leaving for the trip. I had an alternate reservation at the Radisson Blu in Budapest that I ended up going with, as they had contacted me in advance with a confirmed room upgrade. This was just a stop over driving from Romania to Germany.

In retrospect I should have tried to contact Radisson Rewards and see what could be done, but I was getting ready to leave and just needed to cancel the reservation so I didn't accidently pay for two rooms.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:16 am

I should also add, I only knew about the problem with the Park Inn because of this thread. It's really crazy, if I was just a regular customer that didn't use flyertalk I would have shown up at the hotel and been shocked that it was closed. I don't know if anyone would have even been there? It would have been just nuts, like, I don't even know.
the810 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: miles and more
This is surprising to me, I stayed across the driveway at the Hotel Devin in February and this looked like it was ready to open. BTW the directly across the river just over the bridge is great for traditional Slovakian.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Well, hotel is ready to open as far as the construction is concerned. It just doesn't have the appropriate paperwork so they can't really use the building.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:58 am

It seems hotel reached some kind of agreement with authorities and they should be issued temporary approval to operate the building until October (by then they are supposed to redo problematic elements of the hotel to receive regular statutory approval). I therefore expect hotel to go back on sale (and possibly open) soon.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:28 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Lyssa
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to contact you. I had a reservation with them for this past weekend. I never received any contact and I just cancelled it as I was leaving for the trip. I had an alternate reservation at the Radisson Blu in Budapest that I ended up going with, as they had contacted me in advance with a confirmed room upgrade. This was just a stop over driving from Romania to Germany.

In retrospect I should have tried to contact Radisson Rewards and see what could be done, but I was getting ready to leave and just needed to cancel the reservation so I didn't accidently pay for two rooms.
wow - that's pretty poor service, thanks for the heads-up.
The Park Inn web site now says "opening in 2nd Quarter" - let's hope that is a sign of progress being made with local authorities!
Like I said, I'll contact them 1-2 weeks in advance to be re-booked if necessary.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:07 am

I asked the hotel what was going on with my stay for May. They replied and said they will not be open. Without me asking for it they returned my points AND gave me the extra points needed to book the Radisson Blu. If it had been a paid stay they would have rebooked to Radisson Blu.
the810 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:10 am

Seems they are taking bookings from at least mid June.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by oavsett
I asked the hotel what was going on with my stay for May. They replied and said they will not be open. Without me asking for it they returned my points AND gave me the extra points needed to book the Radisson Blu. If it had been a paid stay they would have rebooked to Radisson Blu.
So they are effectively upgrading people to Radisson Blu. Unless someone has very strong reason to stay in PI (and I can't see such reason, since both hotels are 5 minutes from each other, so location should not be an issue), it's quite good for customers.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:26 am
Fyd

The hotel is now open as of June14, confirmed with property GM. Will report back after my stay later this week...
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you FYd.

for anyone who stays, I have the following questions:

1. Is breakfast included in award stays (as indicated in the confirmation from months ago, I think. I have gold status if it makes a difference)

2. Is the pool good, and open and not over chlorinated?

3. Are the pillows soft and preferably not very big? Beds medium or hard or very hard?

4. Name and email address of either the GM or reservations or sales manager or front office manager, anyone who does a good job and cares about guests.

5. Are there safety boxes in the rooms as indicated in the website? Big enough for an ipad?

thank you
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:53 pm
Fyd

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
Thank you FYd.

for anyone who stays, I have the following questions:

1. Is breakfast included in award stays (as indicated in the confirmation from months ago, I think. I have gold status if it makes a difference)

2. Is the pool good, and open and not over chlorinated?

3. Are the pillows soft and preferably not very big? Beds medium or hard or very hard?

4. Name and email address of either the GM or reservations or sales manager or front office manager, anyone who does a good job and cares about guests.

5. Are there safety boxes in the rooms as indicated in the website? Big enough for an ipad?

thank you
1. No - it's €16, I'm Gold, too
2. Pool, gym, wellness area are all open and fantastic, better than many 5* hotels. They may start charging a fee for the wellness area going forward, weren't quite sure..
3. Pillows are firm and huge, I mean huuuuge; mattress is firm with a softer top-layer, very comfy for me...
5. Perfect safe - big enough for laptop, power outlet & light inside, can charge your gadgets while locked...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.