Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bratislava park inn

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Bratislava park inn

likely to open anytime in 2018? Likely to be a lowest category hotel for redemptions?

thank you
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
likely to open anytime in 2018? Likely to be a lowest category hotel for redemptions?
You can do dummy bookings from 1 March 2018 onwards so I guess it opens then. I stayed here a few years ago - it really was run down and needed a makeover so I hope that this is the reason it has closed. Nice views of the castle though and a great craft beer pub is close by... It’s also right beside the small bus station (under the bridge) where the bus goes to Vienna airport.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
This hotel has been closed for several months now. However, it was in need of this renovation. It really was a great bargain at 9K points. And when they had the 2-4-1 benefit for Golds and Concierge elites, it could be had for 59 Euros total on the weekends. I sometimes used the hotel when I had to go to Vienna as well (and which has much higher hotel rates). It was only about 50 minutes with the commuter train and cost just 13 Euros roudntrip IIRC, or around 30 Euros for a weekly pass. But given that the Park Inn Budapest was just raised to 15K points from 9K points, and the cost of this major renovation, I am doubtful this hotel will remain at 9K points.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
They removed wrapping from Park Inn logo couple of days ago, so it looks like they indeed are going to open soon. But I really can't see this staying at 9k points - even Ostrava is 15k.

It's a bit weird though. They run into some issues with local authorities regarding the statutory approval for building (particularly due to discrepancies between building permit and what they really did) and information in media last autumn was that they will have to rebuild some elements (which they didn't - at least not yet).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:06 am

Think this is going to 28k points now.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
They have stopped selling the rooms until mid-March. Hotel has also put propaganda ads on YouTube, criticising local government for refusing to issue statutory approval for the building and basically threatening to sue district for lost profit. I really wouldn't recommend booking it until they actually open the hotel.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Seeing availability on Carlson website for March 5

Originally Posted by the810
They have stopped selling the rooms until mid-March. Hotel has also put propaganda ads on YouTube, criticising local government for refusing to issue statutory approval for the building and basically threatening to sue district for lost profit. I really wouldn't recommend booking it until they actually open the hotel.

as as of two days ago. Is anyone near by with up to date information as to whether the hotel is open closed in limbo , etc?

also does anyone have any information about whether there is a monthly pass to Vienna on flixbus or another service, and whether it takes you to old historical Vienna? Thank you
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:16 pm

It's not open yet.
Monthly passes for trips between Bratislava and Vienna are available from ZSSK (trains) for 118€ or Slovak Lines (buses) for 125€. Furthermore, RegioJet (buses) used to offer weekly passes for 38€ (= approximately 152€ per month), but I'm not sure if these still exist. Different carriers use different stops both in Bratislava and Vienna. Neither of stops in Vienna is directly in the historical centre, but trains and Slovak Lines buses stop at Hauptbahnhof (central station in Vienna), which is short metro ride (I think it's 3 stations) from Stephansplatz in the very heart of Vienna.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They removed wrapping from Park Inn logo couple of days ago, so it looks like they indeed are going to open soon. But I really can't see this staying at 9k points - even Ostrava is 15k.

It's a bit weird though. They run into some issues with local authorities regarding the statutory approval for building (particularly due to discrepancies between building permit and what they really did) and information in media last autumn was that they will have to rebuild some elements (which they didn't - at least not yet).
The hotel cannot open even without some of the building permit variances and fixes done for out-of-building-permit compliance? I am curious what the issue is of the hotel being rejected for operation unless there is a health and safety issue.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:50 am

Legal status is not completely clear to me (it's not my area of expertise) but issues generally revolve around architecture of the hotel. Either way, they can't legally open the hotel until they have it approved by local building authority.
Park Inn is located in the Old Town and there are certain regulations regarding architecture in this area. I believe building itself is also protected since authorities denied original proposal of hotel owner to tear it down and rebuild from scratch couple of years ago (this would not be possible unless building had some kind of special status - you are normally free to destroy whatever you own).
I would be inclined to believe that local government didn't care about the issue very much while it was being built. The mess started when they finished facade, removed cover and unveiled this:

Mind you, this is in a very prominent location (in terms of urbanism) which is basically one of the main entrances to the city centre. Within hours there was a massive sh*tstorm on a social media and it didn't took long for it to become a local political issue. Basically everyone (mayor of Old Town, mayor of Bratislava, The Monument Board of Slovak Republic) criticised it and (where applicable) claimed it was not approved by their administration.
Who really messed up is unclear to me, but at least the Old Town is actively working to force hotel to rebuild it, while hotel claims everything was done legally and blame the Old Town of causing them losses of approximately 60 000 euros per week.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:40 am

Ugh, I have a booking here in early April. What a mess!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:19 am

If they still don't open by then, contact Radisson Rewards and insist on them finding you alternative accomodation. You may end up being upgraded to Radisson Blu which is just 5 minutes of walking from Park Inn.

At this moment, hotel still sells rooms from 13th March, so perhaps they have some plan.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:08 am

If they still don't open by then, contact Radisson Rewards and insist on them finding you alternative accomodation. You may end up being upgraded to Radisson Blu which is just 5 minutes of walking from Park Inn.
This is a very good plan, thanks for the idea! I have stayed at that Radisson Blu before, which is great. I was upgraded to a business class room and received free breakfast! Usually the free breakfast doesn't attach like that on a room upgrade to rooms that include breakfast. At least in my experience.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:46 am

Site seems to not be taking ANY bookings now!

Have a few rooms booked with points for next summer. Be following this thread with interest.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:45 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I'm in the same boat, have a points reservation in June...
lets hope they sort it out by then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.