FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   unable to redeem free room e-certificate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1885642-unable-redeem-free-room-e-certificate.html)

iggyray Jan 1, 2018 1:07 pm

unable to redeem free room e-certificate

I have a "free Friday" certificate from the past promo, expiring on January 26.
Although bunch of hotels have rooms available/priced, I am not able to apply the certificate to any options that I am considering. Is that a glitch or CC has closed availability for e-certificate intentionally?

iggyray Jan 1, 2018 3:50 pm

Club Carlson has quickly responded that I need to use FREEFRI promo code , and it all worked.

Shanahoe Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

Same Problem

Just tried to redeem mine for next Friday (last date possible) using the correct promo code and simply getYour E-Cert is not available for the requested stay. Ah well, off to customer care...

Shanahoe Jan 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Problem solved by Club Carlson Hotline and certificates worked. Problem is that the link given in the certificate leads to a misleading web site. You enter the eCert number early on and then its is never deducted from the price.
If you go via normal booking process, choose additional options, enter promo code, proceed with booking, at the bottom of the rate choice form there is a link you have to click to enter the cert nr. Then everything works.

scoobaboy Jan 20, 2018 6:01 pm

I have a Credit card Ecertificate and have tried to book Grenada. Same message your E-cert not available for requested stay. When I pull up alternative dates it showed no availability on any date. Customer service said problem was with hotels system. Contacted hotel, after much trying they said problem is with Customer service. Have played with booking several places in US, no problem. Tried several out of country, all do not work with same message of Grenada. Again, this is not a freefri cert but the Credit card annual E-cert which is suppose to be able to use anywhere. Anyone else able touse theirs out of country?

StartinSanDiego Jul 20, 2019 11:19 am

I came here to check this old thread because I'm having trouble with ecerts also. I have several of them from the "spend $10,000, get an ecert" credit card benefit. I'll try @Shanahoe's suggestion... book first and then add. Amazingly, clicking the "book using an ecert" doesn't get the ecert rate, at least as far as I can tell. No hotel for any dates has been available. sigh...

Edited to add: It's still not working for me. No attempted hotels in any city are working. Is there a trick to which rate to choose? Since there's only about 6 rate options per room. Plus, for additional aggravation, there's the annoyance of the grey overprinting on each fill in box which makes it hard to read.

AnthonyGT Sep 5, 2019 12:27 pm

E-Cert Issue - No Availability Anywhere

My wife and I each have a e-cert for a free night. When I go through my account, I see plenty of availability if i go through my account. But when I go through her's every date is blocked. At every hotel anywhere. :( Radisson support has been unhelpful.

Has anyone had the issue before and found a solution?

christianj Sep 5, 2019 1:19 pm

@blitzen posted the following in a thread for one of the NYC properties that just got converted:

Originally Posted by blitzen (Post 31467054)
Just booked with points and asked contacted radisson ("contact us") to replace the points bookings with certs.

Might be worth a try to do the same if you have a property and specific dates in mind.

StartinSanDiego Sep 9, 2019 8:58 pm

There is an ongoing thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...rtificate.html

I'll ask the Radisson mods to merge.

My investigations have shown that "unable to redeem" has meant that we've used the certificates elsewhere and they stay on the Ecert page as unused. I spent an hour or more on the phone getting to the bottom of my unusable Ecerts, and, it turns out, they'd been used already. It's hard to track, and appears inconsistent-- sometimes they disappear after being used, sometimes they don't.

Bohemiana Sep 14, 2019 12:06 pm

I'm finding the same situation for many hotels for point redemptions. For example, London is unavailable for the entire month of June but the customer service rep was helpful telling me that there are some dates in January available using points at some properties! In Madrid, BLU requires a 7-night stay for award redemptions. That's crazy!

MisterMechE Feb 21, 2020 4:19 am

Free night certificate interesting DP: Got several certs due to $10k spending. Successfully found availability and booked two nights at the Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago. The booking confirmation shows a room rate of like ~$400, of which ~$285 was deducted by the e-cert, leaving a room rate of $115. Contacted Radisson to get an explanation, who in turn contacted the hotel.

The hotel emailed back directly, letting us know the nights should indeed be free (the e-mail says all taxes and fees covered, but I'm pretty sure we're still on the hook for the $25 destination fee), and that the reason the confirmation shows $115 per night has to do with how the hotel gets reimbursed by Radisson for the e-cert. So no need to be alarmed. I'm keeping the e-mail if/when it becomes an issue at checkout.