FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   3 New Hotels in Poland. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1881302-3-new-hotels-poland.html)

Fanjet Dec 5, 2017 7:36 pm

3 New Hotels in Poland.

(I can't seem to find a "new hotels" thread in this forum, but please merge if there is one.)

It appears that three hotels will open up in the first quarter of next year in Poland:

Park Inn Katowice
Park Inn Poznan
Radisson Blu Zakopane

the810 Dec 6, 2017 4:40 am

These are great news, I make regular trips to Katowice and also plan to visit Poznan later next year (although it's pity that Poznan property isn't Radisson Blu). Thanks for sharing.

I wonder when we can expect some expansion in Ukraine. Early this year some Ukrainian media reported that Carlson Rezidor is looking into Lviv and Odessa - I would really appreciate one in Lviv, given that the only international brand currently present there is ibis.

jackebofh Dec 6, 2017 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 29139304)
(I can't seem to find a "new hotels" thread in this forum, but please merge if there is one.)

It appears that three hotels will open up in the first quarter of next year in Poland:

Park Inn Katowice
Park Inn Poznan
Radisson Blu Zakopane

Radisson Blu Zakopane - they're very quiet about the progress of the work there, and since it's winter now in Poland, and their declared opening is 18Q1, i wouldn't be surprised if they postpone it (but then again - i may be wrong).

The Poznań property is really weird. It's 10-years-old building that was supposed to be a mall and residential building, but was never commercialized, and is now supposedly being converted for Park Inn. I say supposedly, because every time i'm around and checking it out - there is no one there, and there seem to be no progress made. There is no signage indicating it will be Park Inn or anything - but who knows, maybe they're just discreet about their work (btw, it was supposed to be open 17Q3 already)

As for Katowice - that's a great, though very fresh news (they made it public in the last two weeks). I have high hopes for the property, as the area lacks reasonable chain hotels in general.

I don't know if it counts, but Radisson Blu Świnoujście was opened this year in Poland, too. It gets mixed reviews, as it was opened not finished completely, and rushed to the market through vacation packages sold on third party 'deal' sites.

Fanjet Dec 6, 2017 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by the810 (Post 29140371)
These are great news, I make regular trips to Katowice and also plan to visit Poznan later next year (although it's pity that Poznan property isn't Radisson Blu). Thanks for sharing.

I wonder when we can expect some expansion in Ukraine. Early this year some Ukrainian media reported that Carlson Rezidor is looking into Lviv and Odessa - I would really appreciate one in Lviv, given that the only international brand currently present there is ibis.

I would love for Carlson (or another big chain) to open up a hotel in Lviv. Especially now that it is a lot easier to get there from Poland with the new services by PolskiBus.

Fanjet Dec 6, 2017 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by jackebofh (Post 29143086)
Radisson Blu Zakopane - they're very quiet about the progress of the work there, and since it's winter now in Poland, and their declared opening is 18Q1, i wouldn't be surprised if they postpone it (but then again - i may be wrong).

I saw an aerial drone footage of the project which was taken over the summer. The building exteriors had been contstructed. But a lot of these projects get delayed regardless.

the810 Jul 7, 2018 4:10 pm

Update on this: Park Inn Katowice is now open and Park Inn Poznan will accept guests from 1st of September. Still no information on Zakopane, despite claimed opening date in Q1 2018.

Klimt Jul 15, 2018 1:38 pm

There will also be a Radisson Blu Szklarska Poreba (a condohotel in a ski destination).
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a964b2331e.jpg

And as for Radisson Blu Swinoujscie, I've heard (and seen on photos:)) that its a stunning property.

Originally Posted by the810 (Post 29948689)
Update on this: Park Inn Katowice is now open

To be precise, it's not a new hotel, but an old one rebranded as a Park Inn. It was a Best Western Premier earlier. Looks nice, but its location is not very good...

Fanjet Jul 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Klimt (Post 29976631)

And as for Radisson Blu Swinoujscie, I've heard (and seen on photos:)) that its a stunning property.

It does look great. Especially the rooftop pool and lounge. There's even one of those "glass planks" extending from the roof for people to walk on (and get stomach butterflies :p). However, everytime I've looked at the rates there, they are really high.

To be precise, it's not a new hotel, but an old one rebranded as a Park Inn. It was a Best Western Premier earlier. Looks nice, but its location is not very good...
Unless you're planning to go to the zoo. This hotel is basically in Chorzów and is really in Katowice "in name only".

the810 Aug 7, 2018 12:20 pm

Poznan is now postponed until 1st of October.
(And I share others' dissapointment with location of PI Katowice.)

Fanjet Feb 12, 2020 12:57 am

Well, Radisson continues to up its presence in Poland. In a few months, two new resorts will open up. One in Sopot, the other in the Karkonosze Mountains near the Czech border. They also announced a new resort project planned in the Mazury Lakes region. They also said this hotel will be the company's 19th hotel in Poland. They currently have 12 hotels already open, plus the 2 set to open soon. I know they are building a Radisson Red proprty in Warsaw, and another in Krakow. So, that leaves 2 other hotels in the works. Does anyone know where those 2 are?