Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Your BONUS has arrived” Email offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
“Your BONUS has arrived” Email offer

I (Credit Card Gold status, 400k points in account) got this offer: double elite qualifying nights through Dec 31.

My dad (zero status, zero stays in years, zero points) got this offer: stay once by Jan31, get 15k points.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got a 15k offer, and a half off award stay. 15 k was on an account with no points.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:34 pm

I have only had one qualifying stay with them this year, and this was my bonus -

Up to 120,000 points
Stay 5 nights = 10,000 points
Stay 10 nights = 15,000 more points
Stay 15 nights = 25,000 more points
Stay 30 nights = 70,000 more points

Not useful to me at all. Would have preferred the stay once and get 15,000 points offer.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JustDandy
I have only had one qualifying stay with them this year, and this was my bonus -

Up to 120,000 points
Stay 5 nights = 10,000 points
Stay 10 nights = 15,000 more points
Stay 15 nights = 25,000 more points
Stay 30 nights = 70,000 more points

Not useful to me at all. Would have preferred the stay once and get 15,000 points offer.
Got the same. Not very appealing, so ain't doing it.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
It’s almost comical. The only reason I joined the CC program was because of the huge amount of points I earned staying at their brands 5 years ago. I did several mattress runs and gave away rooms to friends and family to earn points for European trips. I could never seem to deplete my warchest because another great promo would come along and rook me back in.

Now, the program is a complete waste of time. The elite benefits are terrible if you run the gauntlet to get top tier, they keep raising points redemptions without warning, the conversion of points to miles has been devalued beyond repair and finding a nice property is a needle in a haystack. Yet, I’m typing this from the Radisson Red in Minneapolis booked on a MegaPoints rate because I need a hotel in a Reykjavík. Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had two qualifying one-night stays (plus 3 nights on points) this year, for the stay 2 get 10k promo, and for this current promo I got the 15k for one stay. So way more points per stay ^, but limit one .
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker
Got the same. Not very appealing, so ain't doing it.
Same for me (Up to 120,000 points, Stay 5 nights = 10,000 points, etc...) and I have 24 nights. I'm basically done with Club Carlson, burning the few points I still have (as now they are changing categories without any prior warning...), but will re-qualify for Gold. If something good happens next year, I might try to re-qualify in 2018, but looks like I'll be heading to IHG/Ambassador for the moment. Rather pay $200 for the status (and have upgrades) and know what I am getting and simply not having *any* obligations in terms of fidelity.

Last edited by murilix; Nov 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I was able to register for the 15k/one night offer, the Silver/one night offer, and the 50% off for two night stay/one night offer. Suh-weet.

They'll get some action from me on that one; there's a hotel in PDX and ones in DAL/DFW that work for me.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I was able to register for the 15k/one night offer, the Silver/one night offer, and the 50% off for two night stay/one night offer.
I was able to register for these also. Are they stackable? If I stay one night at a cheap Club Carlson property I get 15,000 points (plus 3,000 if booking with the app) and I also get 50% off a two night stay at any category 5 property? Plus the points earned, plus the credit card points?

I don't see "cannot be combined with other offers" language.

Last edited by jphripjah; Nov 5, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I was able to register for these also. Are they stackable? If I stay one night at a cheap Club Carlson property I get 15,000 points (plus 3,000 if booking with the app) and I also get 50% off a two night stay at any category 5 property? Plus the points earned, plus the credit card points?

I don't see "cannot be combined with other offers" language.
Also curious about this. People seem to be registering for all three, but I wouldn't really want to do a one-off stay and then receive a 50% off certificate with no 15K points...

I might wait until I see some data points before doing my stay and/or registering for the Silver and certificate.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I didn't get anything (31 nights this year). Do they send these in several stages, or am I simply out of luck?

Last edited by the810; Nov 6, 2017 at 1:50 am
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
You can sign up for all of them

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/11/03/c...18-post-yours/
Football Fan and the810 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Also curious about this. People seem to be registering for all three, but I wouldn't really want to do a one-off stay and then receive a 50% off certificate with no 15K points...

I might wait until I see some data points before doing my stay and/or registering for the Silver and certificate.
In my case, I will be doing it over Thanksgiving weekend near PDX and will report back. I’m also going to try and score 2.5k UA miles out of the deal as well to top off and then drain my UA account down to next to nothing (until there’s some killer Hertz promo again or something, since I am UA Dirt).

I could make a half off certificate work on a future PDX or DAL visit. The 15k would be nice as well. Silver is more “meh”, but hey, given that I will be good for HH Gold in 2018, if CC does some OK promos may send love their way.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by slickvik
But do they post? That article (and the comments) doesn't seem to answer that question.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
But do they post? That article (and the comments) doesn't seem to answer that question.
I guess we'll find out together

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.