Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Have you read the eleven day old post in this thread?
Yes. What is your point? Don’t you think more trip reports are better?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by wharvey
This hotel has some crazy pricing.... it is coming up at $546 a night for September.... would be a good use of 50,000 points a night as we want to be in Times Square and I want to burn through the last of my Radisson points.
NYC is, by far, one of the best values for using Carlson points. Good luck getting any of these hotels for less than $250-300/night. 50K-70K per night is a great value. I don't think I've paid to stay in NYC since I got the Club Carlson credit card a few years ago.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Cassa standard room as gone from 50k to 70k in the last month or so

Have 4 nights booked at 50k, good while it lasted...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Cassa standard room as gone from 50k to 70k in the last month or so

Have 4 nights booked at 50k, good while it lasted...
This was expected if the Radisson Martinque is indeed finally leaving Radisson! With only one hotel in NYC and limited award space it’s going to be tough to get award reservations even at 70k!

A BIGGER issue for me is that the hotel went up in category and there was not communication from Radisson Rewards on this...but honestly this doesn't surprise me since they haven't been the best at communicating things like this and if it is a one off increase/decrease virtually no hotel chain communicates it.

Last edited by christianj; Oct 15, 2018 at 6:27 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at the Cassa last month and had mixed feelings about it. First of all, I thought the location was poor but I knew that going in. This might be a convenient location for tourists but it's way too close to Times Square for my liking (and therefore an absolute dead zone for good shopping/restaurants). Be prepared to walk at least 10 minutes in any direction to find some good places to eat and drink.

We were "upgraded" to a larger deluxe king on a high floor, but the room was very small (even by NYC hotel standards). There was barely enough room to fit a crib on the floor, and oddly they told me they only had 1 crib in the hotel available. The room was clean and very quiet though, and the bathroom was quite large relative to the room size.

Staff were excellent and very helpful with any requests. We also loved the balcony/lounge space they had. Was a great place to meet with friends and relax (BYOB).

There was a decent deli across the street (Cafe Manhattan) for breakfast (did not try Butter). Also found street parking on the W. 47th St., so didn't need to use the valet and that saved some $$$.

Overall this was a good use of 50k points/night and a free night certificate, but I wouldn't pay money to stay there given the location and small room size.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

The NYC Cassa 45th doesn't show any availability at all anymore (random dates). Are they leaving Radisson? Are they closed?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

The NYC Cassa 45th doesn't show any availability at all anymore (random dates). Are they leaving Radisson? Are they closed?
Leaving Radisson, per:

At this DoC link, someone seems to be assuming they're leaving Radisson . By the way, that link claims it's only Feb 6 onward that it's not showing availability; did you check dates before Feb 6?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:33 am

No as I have a reservation for June and was checking I think dates from April to July

Will they honor the booking ..... Radisson needs a NYC hotel
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Leaving Radisson, per:

At this DoC link, someone seems to be assuming they're leaving Radisson . By the way, that link claims it's only Feb 6 onward that it's not showing availability; did you check dates before Feb 6?
they are not available on expedia and booking.com past this day either.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzen
No as I have a reservation for June and was checking I think dates from April to July

Will they honor the booking ..... Radisson needs a NYC hotel
I think you should call the hotel up well before Feb 6 and see what they say. If they are closing completely for good on Feb 6 or 7, then they may not be to tell you anything if you wait to call until after that closure.

On the other hand, it's possible that they're just closing for renovations and don't know when they'll re-open, rather than closing for good.

But I don't think anyone other that hotel (or someone who's already talked to the hotel) can answer that. So since you're the one with a booking there, I suggest you be the one to call them and figure out what's up..

Then depending on what answer you get from the hotel, you may or may not want to call Radisson central about your June booking right away.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:49 am

When I looked on TripAdvisor yesterday it looked as if non Radisson booking engines showed availability again but Radisson didn’t (same dates using the cash rates).
June is far away so I will just make a back-up reservation with IHG and play the wait and see game.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:00 am

Before we get in an uproar, I would assume that their availability has dried up since the other option in NYC (Radisson Martinque) has finally left RR after years of rumors! This leaves the Cassa as the only option for points (and paid stays for that matter) with RR in NYC! For those that have been around these parts for a while will remember that getting an award reservation at the Martinique was virtually impossible when it was the only RR option in NYC so I would assume this will be the situation with the Cassa moving forward.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...k-city-16.html

Last edited by christianj; Jan 14, 2019 at 10:06 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:10 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by christianj
Before we get in an uproar, I would assume that their availability has dried up since the other option in NYC (Radisson Martinque) has finally left RR after years of rumors! This leaves the Cassa as the only option for points (and paid stays for that matter) with RR in NYC!
I don't see any availability for PAID stays on the radisson website. That's very unusual if the hotel has availability on other websites. It's either a glitch or the hotel is leaving the brand.

Ironically, I just cancelled a reservation at this hotel.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:09 am

If they drop out of RR that would be a big problem for Radisson to not have a hotel in NYC! I know there is a new Radisson that was announce for NYC but we all know how those things change and/or get delayed. Here is a cut and paste of what they had announced for the city in the past:

The new Radisson New York City – Manhattan Times Square will be located at 525 8th Avenue, between West 37th and West 38th streets. The hotel will have 320 guest rooms, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Anticipated opening is spring 2019.

A quick google reveals:
https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/10/gen...manhattan.html
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:30 am

Radisson had properties in Philly too and lost all of them ..... they seem to be only good outside the US and/or for Country Inn etc stays ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.