Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Does anyone have any update on the new Radisson property? Is it actually going to happen .
According to this from end of last year the building has at least been topped off. That doesn't answer when it will be completed and there is no way to know if it is still on track to be a Radisson. Radisson does not maintain a "future hotels" page for the regular Radisson brand like they do for the Radisson Blu and other brands.

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/10/gen...manhattan.html

Best bet is to have a forum member walk by to see if the Radisson sign is still up and if there is an updated opening date listed on the sign.

Last edited by christianj; Feb 6, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:06 am

This hotel is no longer a part of Radisson, as of last week. I placed a call - the revenue manager is in the process of deciding how existing points bookings will be handled. i will follow-up once he circles back to me.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:08 pm

I had 2 certs both expiring in April, which I'm using for an NYC trip precisely because this hotel existed. Hopefully they don't cancel the booking because in that case it'll suddenly be expensive to find something instead of the current free night in the middle of manhattan

Update - atleast on the Radison website, my free cert night booking at Casa hotel for April is now showing a room rate of $500ish, minus a cert discount of $350 (leaving me on the hook to pay $150 plus taxes etc). This doesn't seem right, so will probably have to cancel if they're not honoring a free night cert as a free night cert.

Last edited by nomiiiii; Feb 14, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Sometimes systems show weird amounts for free nights ..... but couldn't hurt to give Radisson a call.
My reservation for June (Premium Room) still looks as expectedRoom 1 Points Redeemed
Room 1 Cost105,000 Points
$0.00USDEstimated Taxes$0.00USDEstimated Additional Fees$0.00USDTotal Estimated Cost
for 1 Room
105,000 Points
$0.00USD
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Cassa is officially out of the Radisson Group February 5.
Existing reservations will be honored, no new points or cash reservations can be made through Radisson.
@ORD-TGU - given that when i spoke to the revenue manager today, he was less-than-sure about how existing points reservations would be handled, on what source did you rely when writing this?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Dear Radisson Rewards Member,

This is to advise you that the Cassa Hotel NY 45th Street is no longer a Radisson®.

Our records indicate that you have a(n) upcoming reservation(s). To cancel your reservation, please contact our office. Making any adjustments or cancellations directly with the hotel may result in the forfeiture of your points as the hotel can no longer access our systems.

Our office can be contacted at +1 (888)-288-8889. Should you need to contact the hotel directly they can be reached at 212-302-8700.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you continue to enjoy the many benefits of Radisson Rewards.

Sincerely,
Radisson Rewards
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:34 am

Just got the above email and as they didn’t say “your stay is cancelled” I would assume the honor my June booking
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:47 am

@blitzen...glad they honored the booking! This is typically how reservations are handled if a property is deflagged but you never know.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:38 pm

@christiannj I will keep a back-up reservation with another chain in case they decide to cancel later (and if it all goes wrong I can always take an Uber home vs staying in the city)

Du sprichst Deutsch? Ich komme aus Hannover (nun New Jersey)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
@christiannj I will keep a back-up reservation with another chain in case they decide to cancel later (and if it all goes wrong I can always take an Uber home vs staying in the city)

Du sprichst Deutsch? Ich komme aus Hannover (nun New Jersey)
Probably a good idea just to be safe.

Ja, in Deutschland geboren, Vater wohnt dort und arbeite seit Jahren für Firmen aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum.
blitzen likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Dear Radisson Rewards Member,

This is to advise you that the Cassa Hotel NY 45th Street is no longer a Radisson®.

Our records indicate that you have a(n) upcoming reservation(s). To cancel your reservation, please contact our office. Making any adjustments or cancellations directly with the hotel may result in the forfeiture of your points as the hotel can no longer access our systems.

Our office can be contacted at +1 (888)-288-8889. Should you need to contact the hotel directly they can be reached at 212-302-8700.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you continue to enjoy the many benefits of Radisson Rewards.

Sincerely,
Radisson Rewards
My reservation had the Radisson Free Night Cert attached.

Called the number as advised, they simply fwded me to Cassa Hotel who cancelled my reservation.

Ofcourse since the systems don't talk to each other, the reservation still isn't cancelled from the Radisson Rewards account - which means those certs now cannot be reused. Front line reps are clueless. Have had a case created for corporate which will take weeks for certificate to reset

It has been over a week and Radisson is still unable to give back the cert. This is a huge mess, so beware anyone who tries to cancel an award/cert reservation with this hotel.

Last edited by nomiiiii; Mar 3, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

i had a points booking (not a cert), and got the same email from Radisson as others above. i followed up with the hotel, who put me in touch with its revenue manager, who said he was deciding how to handle existing points bookings. about 3 weeks later, he followed-up by email to say that my booking would be honored, and gave me a confirmation code that works under their new reservation system. i saw no place to verify on their website- but the booking was viewable to their phone agent with the new confirm code. that's the satisfactory conclusion to my saga. i would not assume your reservation is safe until confirmed as such, especially if you had booked using a free-night cert.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:22 am

I had a reservation over Memorial Day Weekend using an ECert for a free night. I contacted the hotel and the manager stated they would NOT honor the ECert. As Orvando stated above, "i would not assume your reservation is safe until confirmed as such, especially if you had booked using a free-night cert." That's the unsatisfactory conclusion to my saga.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:30 am

So there seems to be a difference for ECert vs Points bookings after their departure from Radisson. I wonder if it has to do with the way Radisson pays the hotels for each of these options. My guess would be with points they get paid earlier and with ECert it might require a further process which they are not willing to do after their departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.