Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cassa Hotel - New York City (no longer Radisson)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by blitzen
Radisson had properties in Philly too and lost all of them ..... they seem to be only good outside the US and/or for Country Inn etc stays ....
True but I think NO Radisson affiliated properties in NYC would be worse for them from an image perspective than not having a property in Philly.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by christianj
True but I think NO Radisson affiliated properties in NYC would be worse for them from an image perspective than not having a property in Philly.
agreed but I don’t think they really care
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
There was going to be a new Radisson at 525 8th Avenue, opening Spring 2019.

Link
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by chistery
There was going to be a new Radisson at 525 8th Avenue, opening Spring 2019.

Link
Guess you missed my post on this just 3 comments up from yours!

To quote myself:

The new Radisson New York City – Manhattan Times Square will be located at 525 8th Avenue, between West 37th and West 38th streets. The hotel will have 320 guest rooms, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Anticipated opening is spring 2019.

A quick google reveals:
https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/10/gen...manhattan.html
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Cassa is officially out of the Radisson Group February 5.

Existing reservations will be honored, no new points or cash reservations can be made through Radisson.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU

Existing reservations will be honored, no new points or cash reservations can be made through Radisson.
Source? They didn’t stick to Radisson for long ....
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU

It really would be nice if you posted your source since this is some pretty big news if indeed true!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
It really would be nice if you posted your source since this is some pretty big news if indeed true!
​​​​​​CS when trying to make a reservation.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has the date for them leaving changed? The Radisson site is now allowing bookings for arrival Feb 11 checkout Feb 12, but no later than that. Still, that's a week later than the previously mentioned date of Feb 5.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Has the date for them leaving changed? The Radisson site is now allowing bookings for arrival Feb 11 checkout Feb 12, but no later than that. Still, that's a week later than the previously mentioned date of Feb 5.
I was told all RR reservations will be honored, so if you can book it, it will be honored.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:00 am

This is a HUGE loss for Radisson in a very important market and it will leave them with a gap in NYC until the newly announced Radisson opens. It definitely makes RR less attractive to me since I have typically used the points in Europe and NYC. With hotel openings typically delayed and with "Spring 2019" as the opening date for the new Radisson, I wonder when we will actually get another option in the city.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:03 am

This is a HUGE loss for Radisson in a very important market and it will leave them with a gap in NYC until the newly announced Radisson opens. It definitely makes RR less attractive to me since I have typically used the points in Europe and NYC. With hotel openings typically delayed and with "Spring 2019" as the opening date for the new Radisson, I wonder when we will actually get another option in the city.
Me too. Radisson was one of my preferred brands overseas and in NYC / Philadelphia but both US locations are no longer.... it won't make sense for me just for a few days overseas so I have to switch to Hilton (possibly).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:32 am

Hotel responded as follows to my inquiry:

Dear Mr. JXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your message. Yes, it is true, as of February 12th, we will no longer be part of the Radisson Hotel Group and we will return to the roots of a truly independent hotel.

Thank you
Cassa Hotel NY 45th Street
sdsearch likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel responded as follows to my inquiry:

Dear Mr. JXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your message. Yes, it is true, as of February 12th, we will no longer be part of the Radisson Hotel Group and we will return to the roots of a truly independent hotel.

Thank you
Cassa Hotel NY 45th Street
While I had a good stay at this hotel, I wasn't excited to go back anyway due to the location. That said, it's a big negative not to have a single Radisson hotel in Manhattan. I don't plan on using my Radisson credit card (to accumulate free nights in the US) until that changes.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:04 am

Does anyone have any update on the new Radisson property? Is it actually going to happen .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.