Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu or Radisson (was Park Inn now Radisson Red) at Oslo Airport?

Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:32 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We've stayed at the Radisson Blu Oslo Airport and thought it was just fine. It was a short walk from the terminal. I hadn't realized there was a Park Inn at the airport. I've read that it is actually attached to the airport. Can someone explain the layout of the terminal and these two hotels? How do the hotels compare to each other? Is there much difference between them? Park Inn is 44K points and Radisson Blu is 70K points.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Park Inn is not within but rather connected to the airport by a covered walkway. It's about three minutes walking so no big deal unless in winter. The hotel is perfectly fine with a decent bar/restaurant downstairs where you can't enjoy Norwegian markups on alcohol! I've stayed there a few times; nothing special but perfectly acceptable.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Radisson is also not within the airport terminal area, even as it's a shorter walk for the terminal's arrival and departure areas.

The Park Inn gives me bigger rooms than the Radisson, as a Club Carlson Gold. The Park Inn has breakfast included for all guests while the Radisson OSL does not. I find the Park Inn brighter than the Radisson.

I'm pretty much indifferent between choosing the two hotels, as the walk from the Radisson to the BA check-in desk doesn't save me a lot more time than the walk from the Park Inn to the BA check-in desk. In summer, the walks are both fine. Even in winter they are both usually fine, albeit with the Park Inn there is a small stretch than can get slippery/icy.

Due to lower point costs, lower NOK prices, or the friends/family rate availability, I would go for the Park Inn.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 16, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO the Radisson Blu would make sense if you get lounge access (I'm assuming that this one has a lounge) and your travel hours permit taking advantage of the lounge. Otherwise, for just a simple overnight stay between flights, spending fewer points on the Park Inn would make sense. You don't mention the time of the year for your trip, but if both of them involve a small walk outdoors, it's hard to see a big difference in location.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO the Radisson Blu would make sense if you get lounge access (I'm assuming that this one has a lounge) and your travel hours permit taking advantage of the lounge. Otherwise, for just a simple overnight stay between flights, spending fewer points on the Park Inn would make sense. You don't mention the time of the year for your trip, but if both of them involve a small walk outdoors, it's hard to see a big difference in location.
IIRC this is like most Radissons in the US and Europe in that it has no exec lounge. Maybe this hotel now includes breakfast for all, but I can't recall any lounge access as a Gold at the Radisson OSL. The Park Inn OSL includes breakfast for all room guests; it has no lounge.

The Radisson OSL is more convenient to get the trains to/from the city than the Park Inn, something to consider for some.

When I've walked to the Radisson in winter, I've never had to deal with enough of a bad path/major ice problem when carting luggage on a wheeled cart to be memorable. The Park Inn, is a different story, as I had such issue with ice; but now more of the path is better covered than used to be the case when the hotel opened.

The Park Inn is a much younger hotel than the Radisson.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 16, 2017 at 4:24 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
All the Radisson rooms have been renovated so there's not much to choose between the two hotels. I always stay at the radisson, it's closer to the terminal and railway station, as a gold elite I always get an upgrade and free breakfast, the radisson also has the better gym.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
You always get an upgrade as a gold at Radisson Oslo airport?? Im excited now haha
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Yes I do.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
All the Radisson rooms have been renovated so there's not much to choose between the two hotels. I always stay at the radisson, it's closer to the terminal and railway station, as a gold elite I always get an upgrade and free breakfast, the radisson also has the better gym.
Hello, I thought the free breakfast was just for platinum, not for gold members could you confirm it?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:10 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piblo
Hello, I thought the free breakfast was just for platinum, not for gold members could you confirm it?
I stayed at the Airport Radisson Blu as recently as June and was not given breakfast. I am gold.
piblo likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

I stayed at the PI, arrived in the late evening and was flying out early the next morn, all I needed was a bed and hot shower and went with The PI since they were cheaper both $ and pts wise. If I was going to spend alot of awake hours at the hotel, then maybe I would go with The Rad instead
piblo likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Park Inn gives me bigger rooms than the Radisson, as a Club Carlson Gold. The Park Inn has breakfast included for all guests while the Radisson OSL does not. I find the Park Inn brighter than the Radisson.
Hello,
In the cheapest rates of the Park Inn there is no reference that breakfast is included, can you confirm that all customers have breakfast included?
Best regards.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by piblo
It's published benefit for Platinums only, however some properties give free breakfast to Golds upgraded to rooms which include breakfast (e.g. business class rooms).
piblo likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:22 am
koz

Programs: QF, VA, CX
We'll be staying at OSL overnight between flights in July 2019, arriving on a flight that arrives at 22:50 and connecting with a flight that departs at 08:40 the next morning and we'll choose one of these two hotels. Looking at prices for the date we need there is a large difference between non-refundable and flexible rates. Is it possible / likely that prices could drop in the coming months or do they tend to stay the same most of the time? I realise if I leave it until close to the date we need that the price is likely to be higher although I've just had a look at a date 4 weeks from now and the price is a lot cheaper than it is for our July 2019 date - over $A100 (64 Euro) cheaper.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I monitored prices for the PI OSL from Jan to June, no drops, but rapid increase about 3-4 weeks before.
piblo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.