Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon - A bit tired, but so was I

Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

405 20th Street E Saskatoon, SK CA S7K6X6

A bit tired, but so was I (7 Photos)

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Downtown hotels in Saskatoon are limited. One Hilton Garden Inn, a couple Holiday Inns, a Sheraton, the iconic Delta Bessborough, and finally the Radisson Saskaoon.

Built in a 1980s concrete tower, it shares it's base with a taller condominium project. Growing up in Saskatoon it was more known for it's waterslide complex than the quality of the rooms. 

In any case, it supposedly has been renovated, and they had a good deal for a Business Class Room which includes breakfast, a drink a night at the bar, and free parking. All for $150 a night all-in. And I am a Gold, so at least I wouldn't be given a bad room.

Check In

I am running a bit early so decide at 1pm to check-in—maybe they have a room? Welcomed warmly, status welcomed, and noted that I have been upgraded to the "Presidential Suite", but it is not ready.

That's OK. I'll just park. Oh? That is extra? The agent does not see the details of my rate. Hmm. A quick glance at my confirmation email and all is set. A plus. She mentions that she has my phone number and will call me.  Takes my credit card at the same time so all is ready for me.

An hour later I get a call and I make my way over. She remembers me and passes my key. My "Presidential Suite" is now an Executive Suite. OK, that is fine. It is just me.

Room

OK, so the room. Signage isn't great. Follow the signs you go through the ice maker room to get to the door. Not terribly executive but it is the fastest way.

Entrance is wide, with a wet bar right by the door, closet to the right. Water was refreshed daily, but the coffee maker was just a generic 2 cup drip. No Nespresso here.

wetbar.jpg

Beyond the wetbar is a couch and chair, along with a TV. Beside this is a small dining table.

livingroom.jpg

A note. The AC in this section worked, in a way. It was either ON (and always on) or OFF.  Given the AC in the bedroom was seperate and better working, I just turned off the AC in this section and closed the doors.

Through a door led you into the bedroom. Large, with two side tables, a large, reasonably comfortable bed. There was a desk with good working chair behind me when I took this photo. Each lamp had 1 to 2 AC plugs.

bed.jpg

Nice, but not the best views.

views.jpg

To summarize, the room was nice but the furniture was a bit tired.

Bathroom

The bathroom was massive. It had a large vanitiy, massive whirlpool tub, and a tiny (and the tiniest bit grungy) walk-in shower. You will get wet turning it on.

bath1.jpg

bath2.jpg

Amenities were exactly what youd expect from a Radisson

amenities.jpg

Service

Service was good natured but not alway complete. As mentioned, water was replaced daily in the room, as was all soaps, but some service cloths were left in the sink. 

I was supposed to get two drink coupons a night, but only received one. I decided I did not need to complain about this.

Dining

As mentioned, I had breakfast and a drink a night included in my rate. They did this well. 

Breakfast was anything off the menu. I mixed and matched my breakfast every morning. The food quality was good, as was the service. They included a service charge in the coupon so all you had to do was sign. Nice not to have to tip!

Same with a drink. Had a nice mixed drink, tip included. 

Overall

In a sentence? Good enough.

A bit tired, but so was I

Would you like to write a review on the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:35 am

Thank you for your review!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.