Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson Hotel Group | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q3 Promo: Free Friday Night or 10k Goldpoints after 2 stays

Old Jun 27, 17, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/offers/12879328

Not a bad deal. Pity their footprint is so weak in the USA that it's a joke; I have stays I could send to them in Eastern Washington/Oregon, Reno, Sacramento... closest they can do is Portland or Davis.

(sad trombone)
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:14 pm

At least for me the biggest problem is how limited the certificates are. You earn them July 1 to September 30. But you can only use the certificates between October 6 to January 26. Which means you have 4 months to use the certificates. Total 17 days the certificates can be utilized since they are only good friday nights.
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
Originally Posted by kenban View Post
At least for me the biggest problem is how limited the certificates are. You earn them July 1 to September 30. But you can only use the certificates between October 6 to January 26. Which means you have 4 months to use the certificates. Total 17 days the certificates can be utilized since they are only good friday nights.
Yeah, I opted for the points since the timeframe is so limited. I just don't see being able to use those certificates when I'm usually flying home every other Friday. I'll get my 6 stays in for the 30k.
Old Jun 27, 17, 2:46 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
I actually should have gotten the Friday certs for staycations. I'm just about to get concierge and MSP has some pretty great Radissons. Has anyone ever successfully changed the promo they selected? Customer service said no go.
Old Jul 19, 17, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Maybe limited but certificates are more valuable

30K may get you one night but the Friday Night Certificates get you a minimum of 3 if you can use them on one of the 17 Friday nights in the period. I for one will make weekend runs and use them along with a night from another hotel chain to give me 3 weekends to just get away. Wish the promo was more generous but I will take the 3 certs and use them.
Old Jul 21, 17, 12:00 pm

Programs: Radisson Platinum, SAS Nothing, SJ Prio Grey
I will be getting couple of these in August and September respectively and I wonder how do e-certs work (never had one). Is it possible to book two nights and use e-cert for one and cash (or points) for another, while keeping it all at same booking?

I'd like to avoid the mess of having two separate reservations and trying to link them.
Old Jul 23, 17, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Exp, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
So I stayed twice (last stay was completed 2 weeks ago). Still haven't received the 10,000 bonus points. Any idea when these are awarded?
Old Jul 23, 17, 10:28 am

Programs: Radisson Platinum, SAS Nothing, SJ Prio Grey
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
So I stayed twice (last stay was completed 2 weeks ago). Still haven't received the 10,000 bonus points. Any idea when these are awarded?
According to promotion T&Cs: "Friday E-Certs will be awarded three times throughout the Promotion, 1) by Aug. 15 for E-Certs earned in July, 2) by Sep. 15 for E-Certs earned in August and 3) by Oct 15 for E-Certs earned in September. You will be notified you have a Friday E-Cert via email and awarded Friday E-Certs will be visible under ‘My Account’ when you are logged in on clubcarlson.com."
Old Jul 23, 17, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Exp, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by the810 View Post
According to promotion T&Cs: "Friday E-Certs will be awarded three times throughout the Promotion, 1) by Aug. 15 for E-Certs earned in July, 2) by Sep. 15 for E-Certs earned in August and 3) by Oct 15 for E-Certs earned in September. You will be notified you have a Friday E-Cert via email and awarded Friday E-Certs will be visible under ‘My Account’ when you are logged in on clubcarlson.com."
Thanks, I assume then the points are awarded one the same schedule. Good to know when they will arrive, although sadly it won't help me as I needed the 10k points before Aug 15. Anyway, at least they will come eventually.
Old Jul 25, 17, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
Have you read the terms and conditions?

Bonus Gold Points will be credited to the member’s account when the standard Gold Points are credited for the second, fourth and sixth Eligible Stay after registration and will usually be posted to a member’s account within 5 days after the qualifying Eligible Stay has been completed.
Old Jul 25, 17, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe View Post
Have you read the terms and conditions?
Thanks. Based on your T&C's, I emailed CC to ask about the credit.
Old Jul 26, 17, 8:11 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
The registration form asks for a country.

Is this country of residence, country where you want to stay the qualifying nights, or country where you want to redeem?
Old Jul 26, 17, 1:10 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au
Your country of residence listed as the home address on the account.
Old Aug 10, 17, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I had one stay at a Radisson Blu in July, so I'd only need one more stay to get the 10k points. I had no plans to stay at a CC property - is there any way to do a mattress run? Is it possible to book a cheap prepaid rate and not show up, or perhaps check in via and get a room key via their app?
Old Aug 11, 17, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay View Post
I had one stay at a Radisson Blu in July, so I'd only need one more stay to get the 10k points. I had no plans to stay at a CC property - is there any way to do a mattress run? Is it possible to book a cheap prepaid rate and not show up, or perhaps check in via and get a room key via their app?
Yes, it's possible to mattress run. To count as an eligible stay for the promo, you need to get Gold points from the stay and that generally means you have so show up in person at the hotel. I wouldn't book a prepaid rate without either planning to show up for at least a few minutes or making arrangements with the hotel in advance.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: