Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q3 Promo: Free Friday Night or 10k Goldpoints after 2 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 Promo: Free Friday Night or 10k Goldpoints after 2 stays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:18 am

I noticed 2 of my bookings made with Free Friday e-certs have changed to bookings with co-payments (i.e. not a 100% discount on the initial rate but a certain fixed fee-discount).

For example, one of my bookings was a EUR299 stay that was reduced to zero during booking (exactly like advertised). Also got a confirmation e-mail showing the EUR0 rate. When checking this particular booking online, it shows as a EUR199 discount (and thus a night costing EUR 299 -/- EUR199 = EUR100).

The other booking doesn't show a discount at all and has a higher rate than initially booked (when ignoring the value of the e-cert)...

I sent an e-mail to Club Carlson asking if they could confirm the free nights and/or adjust the bookings to 0-rates to prevent discussion with the hotels during check in/out. I will post an update here once I have received a reply :-)!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:07 pm

They have release more reward nights for Champs Elysees
wasn't available at all when I looked a while ago, now it's every
friday.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:40 am

Unhappy Ineligible free friday stay..

My stay with this free friday e-sert promo is marked as Ineligible.

I believed before that every award night is a stay/night.

Or is this just (five star) hotel mistake?

Update: Customer service says that this free friday e-sert is not a stay/night.

Last edited by Sakkis; Nov 2, 2017 at 7:00 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Vlntn
I noticed 2 of my bookings made with Free Friday e-certs have changed to bookings with co-payments (i.e. not a 100% discount on the initial rate but a certain fixed fee-discount).

For example, one of my bookings was a EUR299 stay that was reduced to zero during booking (exactly like advertised). Also got a confirmation e-mail showing the EUR0 rate. When checking this particular booking online, it shows as a EUR199 discount (and thus a night costing EUR 299 -/- EUR199 = EUR100).

The other booking doesn't show a discount at all and has a higher rate than initially booked (when ignoring the value of the e-cert)...

I sent an e-mail to Club Carlson asking if they could confirm the free nights and/or adjust the bookings to 0-rates to prevent discussion with the hotels during check in/out. I will post an update here once I have received a reply :-)!
I've had the same issue with two hotels in Amsterdam. I contacted one of them by e-mail and they confirmed it's just an IT glitch and the night will be free. My reservation in London is properly shown as free.
Vlntn likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by the810
I've had the same issue with two hotels in Amsterdam. I contacted one of them by e-mail and they confirmed it's just an IT glitch and the night will be free. My reservation in London is properly shown as free.
Good to hear that they confirmed the night will be free! One of my hotels (Dubai) is now corrected and showing a night for free. Still awaiting a response from a hotel in Johannesburg!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by nickdel
It's actually even more pathetic than that... in order to "unlock" the promotion rates associated with your E-Cert, you also need to enter promotional code "freefri" in addition to your certificate number. You can then book for nights within the promotional period using your voucher.

I've been told that this works for all Radissons worldwide with the exception of the Edwardian group of hotels in London, who are currently experiencing a problem with their E-Cert reservations (probably because they are the most expensive and they don't want you to use them there! )

Apparently this is explained within the email confirming the E-Cert but I've not received this yet.

Hope that helps
thanks very much, would have been lost without this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.