Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

What are some of the Top Club Carlson Properties In Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are some of the Top Club Carlson Properties In Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
What about the Carlson Rezidor properties in Ireland, Scotland and England? How are a few of them?
The G&V Royal Mile in Edinburgh is very good (excellent decor, location and service), one of my best stays at a CC property anywhere.

The Radisson Blu Edwardian in Manchester is a top notch hard product (location and building are very very good), but I found the service to be lacking and I felt nickle and dimed by management (e.g. being charged 5gbp for a morning paper despite Gold status)

The Radisson Blu Glasgow has a mediocre location (beside Central Station) and is a fine (but not great) hard product. Despite that I found the service to be great and it was one of my most enjoyable stays in a CC in the UK.

Radisson Blu Bristol is a fine building in a very good location and the views are nice. I left here thinking the hotel was neither good or bad.
SimpleManToo likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Anyone had any good or excellent experiences in Ireland at CC/Rezidor hotels?
Dublin has already been mentioned but I have always enjoyed the Radisson Blu in Belfast. They upgrade Concierge to big Junior Suite and golds to a Business Class room - or did when I was last there.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I was really hoping the Park Plaza Cardiff would get a mention in this thread.

I have an 8 day stay coming up. I don't need to stay in a CC property - Cardiff just seems desperately lacking in quality properties, so I chose the Park Plaza as the least worst option. Oh well...
If you can go to the Radisson Blu in Cardiff instead. I always found it much nicer than the Park Plaza. Stayed PP once and the Blu about 8 times...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
If you can go to the Radisson Blu in Cardiff instead. I always found it much nicer than the Park Plaza. Stayed PP once and the Blu about 8 times...
I liked the Radisson Cardiff as well. I stayed there when the US credit card still had the last night free benefit. Was a killer deal at the time with that benefit.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Anyone had any good or excellent experiences in Ireland at CC/Rezidor hotels?
I stayed at Radisson Blu Athlone in 2014 for $37 per night. I enjoyed the visit.

I was at an off-licence store and chatting with the clerk. He asked why I came to Athlone? When I told him the Radisson Blu hotel rate was really low, he quipped, “There is a reason for that. This town sucks.”
Irish dancers at Radisson Blu Athlone, Ireland - Loyalty Traveler
A Day in Athlone, Ireland

Last edited by satori; Dec 21, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.