FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Retention offer on the US Bank card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1815269-retention-offer-us-bank-card.html)

FlyerYaar Jan 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Retention offer on the US Bank card?

My $75 annual fee is due in a few weeks on the US Bank Club Carlson Visa. I'm debating whether or not to cancel. I haven't had much use for this card after they got rid of the free night with every booking. I only kept it another year for the e-cert retention offer. Any stories of current retention offers?

mrkymark Jan 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Guess I was wondering the same but then again the 40,000 point anniversary points make it worth it to keep it for me even without the retention. I don't think US Bank is known for their spectacular retention offers though.

progapanda Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

I've been offered 2,500 bonus points in the past (and I took them!).

FlyerYaar Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm

I'll give it a try. Any idea what the US Bank retention phone number is?

dburns Feb 8, 2017 9:16 am

I tried to get a retention deal and was offered nothing :(

Lyssa Feb 9, 2017 2:48 am

Originally Posted by dburns (Post 27881986)
I tried to get a retention deal and was offered nothing :(

Really interesting, considering the benefits keep being cut with losing the last award night free and the 2-for-1 rate. You'd think they would so something to sweeten the deal, why would anyone keep this card now?

turpintine Apr 15, 2017 11:03 am

Called the number on the back of card, asked for retention. He said there was no retention department, but transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor was able to offer me an additional 7,500 points for keeping the card (on top of the normal 40,000 renewal bonus). Accepted the offer since I use CC for impromptu trips. I have very minimal spend on the card, and a couple stays each year.

Tr60 May 18, 2017 8:46 am

I called CS. I was able to get an extra 2,500 points. They call them satisfaction points. I have to use the card one to prove my satisfaction to get them. So, it is not necessarily connected to the renewal (?) though my call was to get a retention.

dburns May 19, 2017 7:33 am

Another data point: Tried for a retention offer, nothing available/offered

koalay Nov 20, 2017 3:34 am

datapoint

Called 11/20/17. Nothing offered.

OskiBear Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Same here - they said the only way to waive the Annual Fee was to cancel the card. Umm...sure. After the dilution of benefits, I stopped using the card. I actually resuscitated it a bit recently when I thought I was going to be traveling through Scandinavia next year, where my usual Hilton/IHG options are pretty weak. Given that I'm not doing that trip anymore, I didn't hesitate to give up this card.

flybie Dec 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by koalay (Post 29080321)
Called 11/20/17. Nothing offered.

Try send the secured message instead. DP: Club Carlson Credit Card Retention Offer

Brendan Jan 4, 2018 3:05 pm

I called CS in early Dec. after my $75 AF posted. The rep entered my request for a waiver of AF into the computer, which said YES instantly :) . I had spent about $10,500 in the past year.

rbwpi Jan 7, 2018 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 29250848)
I called CS in early Dec. after my $75 AF posted. The rep entered my request for a waiver of AF into the computer, which said YES instantly :) . I had spent about $10,500 in the past year.

Did you get to keep renewal points? To me they're worth the annual fee and status.

Brendan Jan 7, 2018 7:50 pm

My status renewal for 2018 has been confirmed. My 40K renewal points are due on when my statement closes in early February, so I shall see. True, they are worth >> $75.