Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Royal Hotel Copenhagen - Reviews and F&F rate issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Hotel Copenhagen - Reviews and F&F rate issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RTW1
If you have an actual Carlson friend who knows you, there will be no problem....
.... as if Mr. S__ K__, the front desk/office manager, only engages with customers on Carlson F&F rate.

... as if Mr. S__ K__, the front desk/office manager, is the only employee at the hotel to be customer-unfriendly.

Unfortunately, none of the above is guaranteed. Visitors to Copenhagen should shop around when it suits their interests.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
.... as if Mr. S__ K__, the front desk/office manager, only engages with customers on Carlson F&F rate.

... as if Mr. S__ K__, the front desk/office manager, is the only employee at the hotel to be customer-unfriendly.

Unfortunately, none of the above is guaranteed. Visitors to Copenhagen should shop around when it suits their interests.
Totally agree - if the management allows a person like this to manage the front desk, I don't think this is the most hospitable management out there.

Also this S_K_guy has attitude issues, yes if your stay is fine, no problem, otherwise you are SOL. I would never pay to stay somewhere like this.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
Totally agree - if the management allows a person like this to manage the front desk, I don't think this is the most hospitable management out there.

Also this S_K_guy has attitude issues, yes if your stay is fine, no problem, otherwise you are SOL. I would never pay to stay somewhere like this.
I have seen rate disagreements and rate eligibility issues arise that resulted in the booked guest being unhappy, all while the hotel employees kept a professionally hospitable attitude in their exchanges despite the inability to come to a mutually satisfactory outcome. It doesn't take genius or a stiff upper lip in order for a hotel to be able to disagree with even persistent customers without being rude about it. But this hotel seems to be lacking in the ability to pull this kind of stuff off as well as possible, and the hotel's interest to improve seems to be lacking when Mr. S__ K__ is allowed to continue like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All
I was at this property now called the Radisson Collection in September and let me say as a Radisson Gold elite member I was treated brilliantly with an incredible corner room considered a jr suite all booked on points
Everyone from the front desk to the head concierge was charming and helpful
Even the GM came down to meet us and give us a tour of the hotel.So glad I canceled my booking elsewhere
The property has one of the best fitness clubs in Copenhagen (run by an outside chain) and the architecture throughout the hotel all done by the legendary architect Arne Jacobsen
Makes it worth staying there for just those 2 reasons alone.The beds are heavenly for those that like the soft pillow mattress types on a classic Scandinavian sleeping system
Even the housekeepers were friendly and helpful and have been there when I visited 20 years ago! If only all Radissons were this good.
Only negative is the food service.Its a massive decline from the high brand standards Radisson SAS had in place years ago
Still one of the best hotels in my month away including a number of 5 Star higher end properties

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 26, 2018 at 12:23 am
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi All
I was at this property now called the Radisson Collection in September and let me say as a Radisson Gold elite member I was treated brilliantly with an incredible corner room considered a jr suite all booked on points
Everyone from the front desk to the head concierge was charming and helpful
Even the GM came down to meet us and give us a tour of the hotel.So glad I canceled my booking elsewhere
The property has one of the best fitness clubs in Copenhagen and the architecture throughout the hotel all done by the legendary architect Arne Jacobsen
Makes it worth staying there for just those 2 reasons alone.The beds are heavenly for those that like the soft pillow mattress types on a classic Scandinavian sleeping system
Even the housekeepers were friendly and helpful and have been there when I visited 20 years ago! If only all Radissons were this good.
Only negative is the food service.Its a massive decline from the high brand standards Radisson SAS had in place
Still one of the best hotels in my month away including a number of 5 Star higher end properties
To my knowledge I have never even seen any GM at this hotel greet us (let alone give us a tour of the hotel), but the hotel is ok in how it treats those with points bookings and those on points bookings with elite status. But this Radisson isn’t really anything extra positive in my experiences here, even as it is mainly just another sort of typical Radisson hotel in the Scandinavian region.
dimon84 likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 9, 2018 at 4:31 am
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I just finished my stay at Royal today and I was very happy with it. If there were some issues in past, they have probably been solved when they reflagged to Radisson Collection. Staff is excellent.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

To my knowledge I have never even seen any GM at this hotel greet us (let alone give us a tour of the hotel), but the hotel is ok in how it treats those with points bookings and those on points bookings with elite status. But this Radisson isn’t really anything extra positive in my experiences here, even as it is mainly just another sort of typical Radisson hotel in the Scandinavian region.
Feel free to reach out to Brian Gleeson hes an extraordinary GM and takes feedback seriously hes very passionate and appreciative of the history of the hotel
https://scandinaviantraveler.com/en/...lu-royal-hotel
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by the810
I just finished my stay at Royal today and I was very happy with it. If there were some issues in past, they have probably been solved when they reflagged to Radisson Collection. Staff is excellent.
I've been going there for 20 plus years and while the hotel isn't perfect its better than its ever been because they make a vastly improved recognition effort
We enjoyed the team and accommodations immensely.Its not up to some of the newer luxury property standards but for the local market its tops
And its def pricey for what it is.Thank god for points
The new Hilton being built will likely give them a run for the money no doubt but the location of the Radisson is prime
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:53 am
Suspended

That is good if they are better than they have ever been for the past c. 20 years. For most all of that time, the hotel hasn’t been anything special except for its history of sorts — but that history doesn’t really do anything for most guests — and for its functional location for business and tourist travel alike. It has some rooms with a good view of a good chunk of the city — something I’ve used on many a New Year’s Eve in Copenhagen since the area around this hotel tends to be extremely rowdy and being on the street outside has meant various kind of questionable encounters — but mostly the hotel has felt like being in a late Soviet era hotel room while having a decent view of the surroundings.

Have they massively renovated all of the rooms at any point during the past 20 years? For my DKK or for my points, I’ve had way better value at other properties around Copenhagen for the better part of these past 20 years.

I don’t go out of my way to let hotel management know in advance that I’m on site wherever and whenever I stay. Because if I did, then perhaps I won’t have a typical type of stay providing me an accurate assessment of what my guests put up there should expect to experience. But it’s nice to hear if the management is new and more eager to interact with customers in a positive way than to have blankets suspicions cast upon its customers who got a good deal using an applicable discount code or points.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
As far as I'm aware, all rooms have been renovated in recent years, except Suite 606, which is kept in original design from 60's (and is sold as a special room category).
My room was modern, there was no sign of it being in 50 years old building, except windows which haven't been changed. Hotel looks ugly from outside, but inside it's very nice and up-to-date with classy Scandinavian design.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by the810
As far as I'm aware, all rooms have been renovated in recent years, except Suite 606, which is kept in original design from 60's (and is sold as a special room category).
My room was modern, there was no sign of it being in 50 years old building, except windows which haven't been changed. Hotel looks ugly from outside, but inside it's very nice and up-to-date with classy Scandinavian design.
In late 2016, the hotel’s rooms mainly looked rather dated and in need of an overhaul. So did they renovate all the other rooms — beside Suite 606 —since late 2016 or so? The rooms weren’t awful, but they just weren’t all as well maintained and contemporary as some other hotels in the area that charge the same, more, or even less, But that was by measure of some of the bathrooms.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 26, 2018 at 1:51 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:38 am

My understanding is that they did renovate all other rooms, but I can't vouch for that. Having old rooms usually reflects in reviews and when I checked Royal's reviews before my stay, there was no mention of such issue (quite contrary, many applauded modern design).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.