Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Carlson Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I have Premium Elite with IHG due to the CC, and they matched me to Gold; it only took a couple days for me- their reply was FAST!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Yeah, there are some reports on other fora that CC is matching Gold occasionally to any shiny card so you may try...
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Requested match for Marriott Gold. Waiting for the reply. How long does it take for CC to get back to you? What are they matching Marriott Gold to? Gold or Silver?
Thanks
Gold IIRC.

Club Carlson seems to hand out Gold very easily, even to those who have repeatedly had status matches before with Carlson hotels.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, TheCard, ClubCarlson
Hope this helps : was denied match by a Jose M. because of a match in Feb 2014 (which i did purely for the fun, rookie mistake). Contacted CC again, but now via FaceBook and got matched, for 6 months though, by Craig.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Club Carlson seems to hand out Gold very easily, even to those who have repeatedly had status matches before with Carlson hotels.
They stopped the practice to renew gold matches last year. For now it is just a one time match with some exceptions. But the general rule is: One time status match.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
They stopped the practice to renew gold matches last year. For now it is just a one time match with some exceptions. But the general rule is: One time status match.
Last month, they were still providing status matches to those whom they had provided status matches in prior years.

Status maintenance/extension based on status in a competitor's program? I don't know about that working this year.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Last month, they were still providing status matches to those whom they had provided status matches in prior years.

Status maintenance/extension based on status in a competitor's program? I don't know about that working this year.
My status expires at the end of the month. I'm hoping that they overlook my previous match and will match again from HH Diamond or SPG Gold. Seems like very YMMV territory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.