Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rate drops on flexible bookings - how to change without cancel+rebook?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

A month or so ago I made a flexible (best available rate) booking for a few weeks time. Last night I had a quick look, and saw that the price had come down slightly. So, I went to my account, did a "View/Change" on the reservation, did an Edit on the Reservation Details, the new lower rate showed up, and I confirmed the change. Only snag - the confirmation email came through with the old higher price still in it, and the reservation details only showed the hold higher price...

Quick call to the Club Carlson member services line confirmed that the reservation hadn't been changed onto the lower rate, and the only way they could think of to fix it was to cancel my reservation and book me a new one at the lower rate. Was rather a faff and took a while, and this wasn't the first time I've hit this problem

With Hilton and IHG, I find it quite easy to modify my reservation onto a cheaper rate online in the case of the price dropping for a flexible booking. Am I missing something on how to do it for a Club Carlson booking? Or should I just always give up and rebook + cancel myself online?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
A month or so ago I made a flexible (best available rate) booking for a few weeks time. Last night I had a quick look, and saw that the price had come down slightly. So, I went to my account, did a "View/Change" on the reservation, did an Edit on the Reservation Details, the new lower rate showed up, and I confirmed the change. Only snag - the confirmation email came through with the old higher price still in it, and the reservation details only showed the hold higher price...

Quick call to the Club Carlson member services line confirmed that the reservation hadn't been changed onto the lower rate, and the only way they could think of to fix it was to cancel my reservation and book me a new one at the lower rate. Was rather a faff and took a while, and this wasn't the first time I've hit this problem

With Hilton and IHG, I find it quite easy to modify my reservation onto a cheaper rate online in the case of the price dropping for a flexible booking. Am I missing something on how to do it for a Club Carlson booking? Or should I just always give up and rebook + cancel myself online?
Did you change anything in the booking?

If not, I usual do two edits, changing # of people back and forth, which have resulted in new rate before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.