FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson getting ready to lose two hotels in Paris?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1746910-radisson-getting-ready-lose-two-hotels-paris.html)

christianj Feb 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Radisson getting ready to lose two hotels in Paris??

Just saw this in a thread in the SPG forum about future developments for their Tribute Brand. If true.....this is VERY bad news for CC in Paris! Part impacting CC highlighted in red. If this is indeed true and you were planning on using CC points in Paris at one of these two properties I would book ASAP. Two less properties will also impact the overall availability at the one central Paris Radisson property that will remain in the portfolio.

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 26082180)
I just came across some information include a list of forthcoming hotels under Tribute's banner... And here they are:

Charleston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel - To Open January 1, 2018
Charleston, SC, US

Fort Lauderdale Downtown, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel - To Open July 1, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL, US

Hotel Le Dokhan's, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel - To Open March 1, 2016
Paris, FR

Le Metropolitan, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Paris - To Open March 1, 2016
Paris, FR

Nashville-Noel, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel - To Open January 1, 2017
Nashville, TN, US

Savannah, A Tribute Portfolio - To Open January 1, 2018
Savannah, GA, US

The Hotel Cassady, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel - To Open May 1, 2018
Denver, CO, US

Tribute Asheville - To Open July 1, 2018
Asheville, NC, US

Interesting choices, but DEFINITELY looking forward to the new Paris options.

khabah

whimsey21 Feb 17, 2016 9:00 am

Wow- that would be a pretty significant loss for the brand. Paris is one of the few cities where Radisson Blu has what I consider to be quite good options in good locations - dropping down to the CE as the only property that is really close to tourist/business sites would be a big change, as the CE is often priced much higher than Le Met and Le Dokhan's.

That said, I took a look at booking a room on points out past March 1, and the website seems to allow it for dates through the summer. I would have thought they'd block those redemptions if they were leaving Carlson.

Firewind Feb 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Thank you for the heads up, christianj.

KittyCat Feb 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks for the heads-up !!

Actually just back from amazing stay at Metropolitan with parents and brother, what a superb boutique hotel this is

Personally not overly affected as SPG is my primary programme, just wonder what SPG category they would be positioned at (Cat 6 I'm afraid, which would make point redemptions quite expensive compared to CC, even if it is at top level there)

Firewind Feb 21, 2016 11:32 pm

This was probably part of a larger Carlson Rezidor long range plan, but a friend who is in the industry (I'm not) says that hotels in Paris have been struggling, some gasping, since the second terrorist attack.

whimsey21 Feb 22, 2016 7:45 am

That's interesting to hear- I've just started planning a trip for later this Spring, and the prices seemed as high as ever. I would have expected some reduction and additional competition if they're having issues.

dw Feb 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 26223763)
This was probably part of a larger Carlson Rezidor long range plan, but a friend who is in the industry (I'm not) says that hotels in Paris have been struggling, some gasping, since the second terrorist attack.

We often see hotels switching from the big brands to going independent to save on fees, but since these properties are going to Starwood I can only assume it's because of one or both of the below:

1. They think SPG's distribution will help them achieve better RevPAR than they are currently getting through Carlson
2. SPG's Tribute Portfolio has cheaper fees than Radisson Blu, or fewer brand standards to hold to, or both

view Feb 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Carlson really losing their grip in Paris. Was it not just a couple of years ago they lost the Ambassador property to Marriott as well?

skaya Feb 27, 2016 9:00 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21 (Post 26198943)
Wow- that would be a pretty significant loss for the brand. Paris is one of the few cities where Radisson Blu has what I consider to be quite good options in good locations - dropping down to the CE as the only property that is really close to tourist/business sites would be a big change, as the CE is often priced much higher than Le Met and Le Dokhan's.

That said, I took a look at booking a room on points out past March 1, and the website seems to allow it for dates through the summer. I would have thought they'd block those redemptions if they were leaving Carlson.

I found rooms until summer 2017:cool:

Renard Mar 1, 2016 12:10 pm

Well it's March 1st and they're still on the Radisson website.. not sure that that means but...

khabah Mar 7, 2016 3:45 am

Starwood released an article today [http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ropean-Cities] announcing that both the Le Dokhan's and the Le Metropolitan will officially be joining the Tribute Portfolio, so that's a go that they'll be leaving the Carlson Rezidor portfolio. No timeframe other than '2016' stated but should be happening very soon.

khabah

dw Mar 7, 2016 8:17 am

Starwood is now indicating that these two properties will join their system on April 1.

nsmn4945 Mar 7, 2016 12:12 pm

I already have a two night stay booked at the Le Dokhan in July, booked through Club Carlson. Any word on what would happen to my reservation?

christianj Mar 7, 2016 2:17 pm

Interesting blog post on the points requirement with Starwood vs Club Carlson.

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....323.1428926485

whimsey21 Apr 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Le Met is now open as a SPG property:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...caleCode=en_US

Definitely a loss for CC.