US Bank/Club Carlson Free night

Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
US Bank/Club Carlson Free night

I received a letter in the mail today from US Bank thanking me for being a valued card member. In the letter they stated that they are giving me one free night in a standard room at any Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide for my continued support. The footnote says the e-cert will be emailed to me in 6-8 weeks.

Has anyone else received one of these letters? I haven't heard much about it.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I received the same letter in the mail about an hour ago. I know it will certainly be put to good use.
Maybe they are trying to hang onto people who have held the card for a couple of years after seeing many accounts closed this year.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
When was/will your AF come due? I'm wondering whether it is tied to card renewal.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I received the same letter in the mail about an hour ago. I know it will certainly be put to good use.
Maybe they are trying to hang onto people who have held the card for a couple of years after seeing many accounts closed this year.
Originally Posted by FindAWay
When was/will your AF come due? I'm wondering whether it is tied to card renewal.
The kicker to this is that I've had the card for less than half a year. First time having the card too.

I'll definitely put it to good use too, especially since it's useable worldwide unlike the $10k yearly spend cert.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:50 am

Husband and I both received the letter yesterday; not expecting it but looking forward to using these certificates.
Hope the e-mail with the certificates arrives soon.
Also each just got our cards a few months ago.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:01 am

Got my letter today, wife did not receive one on her card yet. We also have the business card. Anyone receiving letters for those?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:54 pm

For those receiving the letters, did you call or email US Bank about the change in benefits previously?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Originally Posted by McSam18
The kicker to this is that I've had the card for less than half a year. First time having the card too.

I'll definitely put it to good use too, especially since it's useable worldwide unlike the $10k yearly spend cert.
Me, too. I received my card earlier this year. It will be great to squeeze one more (high value) free night out of CC before I cancel the card.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
We received the letter even though we downgraded to the No-Fee version of the card a few months ago. We also did call and complain when the took away the BOGO feature. They only gave us a small 2,500 point as compensation (April) and then later in July (without us asking) they topped it up another 5,000 to match the 7,500 pt standard compensation that everyone else got.

For those that haven't gotten their letter yet:

"U.S. Bank is committed to providing service excellence to our cardholders. In appreciation of your continued support and for being a loyal Club Carlson Visa cardholder, we are pleased to provide you with one E-Certificate for one night in a standard room at any Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide. Your E-Certificate will be delivered in an email from Club Carlson."

Fine Print: E-Certificate is valid for one night in a standard room, double occupancy. Your E-Certificate will be sent to the email address in your Club Carlson Account Profile in approximately 6-8 weeks. E-Certificates expire 12 months from date of issuance. U.S Bank is not responsible for the E-Certificate fulfillment. See E-Certificate for complete terms and conditions."
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by jay4
For those receiving the letters, did you call or email US Bank about the change in benefits previously?
Neither my husband or I ever called or e-mailed US Bank about the recent change in benefits but we both got the letter in the mail.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:16 pm

Got one in the mail for both the wifey and I. Only had the card 8 months or so.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:50 pm

I received this letter despite cancelling the card 2 months ago. Wonder if I'll get that email. Im not banking on it.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
I received about receiving a free c-cert for being a valued customer. I'm not complaining here I'll put the cert to good use.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I received the letter for both my personal & business accounts. What an awesome surprise. Received 7,500 retention points on both accounts earlier this year as well. The free nights will be as good as 140,000 bonus points so 155,000 total points due to this devaluation.

Would love to have the last night free benefit still around but this certainly doesn't hurt! Check your mail everyone!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
I closed my account a couple months ago, got the AF credited back, and received this letter yesterday. Here's to hoping I get the email with the cert as well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.