Received Free Night Certificate

Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Received Free Night Certificate

I have received my free night certificate today by email.
My annual fee was charged in May. I got my card last June and have spent >10k, but no spending at all since they announced devaluation in April.
I believe the 10k is counted from the 12 month period before renewal.

In fine print of the certificate:
One Club Carlson SM Visa Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate ("E-Cert") is available per Account if (i) you renew your Account by paying the Annual Fee by the due date printed on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed, and (ii) you charged US $10,000 or more on the Account during the 12-month period immediately prior to the statement on which the Annual Fee is billed. Your E-Cert will be available in your Club Carlson account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked online using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu , Radisson , Park Plaza , Park Inn by Radisson, or Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotel in the United States. All taxes are included.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Does it have an expiration date on it?
How long after you paid your annual fee did it arrive?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm SOL according to this (I paid my AF in April)
http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2...t-benefit-work

I contacted Club Carlson and was told to contact US Bank. I sent a sm to US Bank and received no reply...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Member

Did you receive the free night cert at the same time your 40,000 point annual bonus posted? Earlier? Later? (My experience is that the 40,000 point bonus posts about two months after the annual fee is charged - when the second statement after the annual fee closes. I have my account on autopay, which means I don't actually pay the annual fee until several weeks after it posts, depending on statement closing dates.)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
This is the reply I received from US Bank.

Dear Namaste1:

Thank you for contacting U.S. Bancorp Service Center, Inc. via our Website.

We understand that you are inquiring about earning a free night for purchases made on your account, Namaste1. We will be happy to address this matter. One Club CarlsonSM Visa Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (“E-Cert”) is available per Account if (i) you renew your Account by paying the Annual Fee by the due date printed on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed, and (ii) you charged US $10,000 or more on the Account during the twelve-month period immediately prior to the statement on which the Annual Fee is billed. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Club Carlson Account Profile in order to receive your E-Cert.

Your E-Cert will be available in your Club Carlson account approximately six to eight weeks after payment of the Annual Fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked on www.clubcarlson.com using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, or Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotel in the United States. All taxes are included. All incidental charges, such as gratuities, parking, resort fees, room service and room entertainment are excluded. E-Certs expire twelve months from the date of issuance as indicated on the E-Cert.

E-Certs are not valid for existing reservations and may not be used in conjunction with packages, promotions, group, convention or discounted rates, or used in combination with other gift certificates, e-certificates or vouchers. E-Certs are valid only for the recipient, may only be used once, are non-transferable, and may not be brokered, bartered, sold or altered in any way. E-Certs have no cash value. Void where prohibited by law. U.S. Bank is not responsible for the E-Cert fulfillment.

We appreciate that you have chosen us as your banking partner and hope that you will continue to allow us to be of service to you. Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely,

xxxxxx x.
Cardmember Service Representative
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by kurjan
Did you receive the free night cert at the same time your 40,000 point annual bonus posted? Earlier? Later? (My experience is that the 40,000 point bonus posts about two months after the annual fee is charged - when the second statement after the annual fee closes. I have my account on autopay, which means I don't actually pay the annual fee until several weeks after it posts, depending on statement closing dates.)
I received it before 40000 bonus posted.
Got certificate on 7/2, 40000 posted after July statement cut.
It has expiration date of 7/31/2016.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:43 am

I just got letters for my personal and business cards telling me they were giving me a one-night e-certificate for each card, despite the fact that I have had virtually no spend on the cards this year. The annual fee was paid in June, but I assume this gives 40K points on each card.

Here is the letter:

Anybody else get one of these?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I just got letters for my personal and business cards telling me they were giving me a one-night e-certificate for each card, despite the fact that I have had virtually no spend on the cards this year. The annual fee was paid in June, but I assume this gives 40K points on each card.

Here is the letter:

Yes, I did today.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000

Here is the letter:

Got it as well, but no emails with the certificates yet (and no certificates in the accounts) - wonder how long will it take. But these letters definitely made my day.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I also got the free night letter.

Have to say, at least they are trying. I appreciated their effort on this.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho
I also got the free night letter.

Have to say, at least they are trying. I appreciated their effort on this.
Agreed! I will use mine at the Mayfair in London next year, or the G&V in Edinburgh
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:58 pm

I received this certificate today. This, together with the 37,500 gift points over the summer, start to make up for the double whammy bait and switch sting on the free night/massive devaluation.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Wow, one worldwide free night? That's MUCH better for my usage, which has been exclusively in Europe. I wonder if everybody is going to get one? It does soften the blow a bit. That triple whammy of no 2-4-1, the big redemption rate increases, and the cert only good in the USA, most likely had a high casualty rate for the card/program.

I also got my renewal/pay fee/spend 10K in the preceding 12 months cert via email a few days ago on the card I just renewed. I opted to keep my cards, albeit not happily.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:58 pm

I got the letter today, and so did my husband. We've done very little spending on the card since devaluation, and he lowered his card to the no annual fee version.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:52 pm

For those that got the letter, did any of you complain to US Bank about the change in benefits?

My wife both and I have a the card. I received the free night and she didn't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.