Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received Free Night Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I had the same problem in Prague last week. The rate shown on the Carlson website went up and down every day. But at checkout. My bill was Zero.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:51 am

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but my S.O. and I both have 2 free night certs each. If we wanted to use all 4 nights (from our 4 different accounts), can we do that and keep the same room? Just curious if anyone had any experiences doing this. Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but my S.O. and I both have 2 free night certs each. If we wanted to use all 4 nights (from our 4 different accounts), can we do that and keep the same room? Just curious if anyone had any experiences doing this. Thanks.
I haven't done it with 4 nights, but I have with 2. I emailed the hotel and gave them both confirmation numbers and asked if they could link them together and would I be able to keep the same room, which they agreed to do. If it works for you, I would recommend bringing a copy of the email with you to show if necessary when you check in.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I haven't done it with 4 nights, but I have with 2. I emailed the hotel and gave them both confirmation numbers and asked if they could link them together and would I be able to keep the same room, which they agreed to do. If it works for you, I would recommend bringing a copy of the email with you to show if necessary when you check in.
Thanks for this. Were both accounts in your name out of curiosity? If so, I feel like that made bode better for me.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:14 pm

Just cannot find ANY location to use my E-Cert!

I looked at over 25 destinations worldwide (including such 'desirable' locations such as Flint, MI / Lincoln, NE / Wichita, KS) over a range of dates but I cannot find any place where my E-Cert would be acceptable. I have searched with my specific E-Cert # in the promo code as well as USBANKEC as a promo code - all to no avail.

In some cases, I get a message saying:
Look for ECERT TICKET to show hotel(s) where your E-Cert may be applied.

But I do not know where I should look for this

Can someone suggest what to do?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hanako
I looked at over 25 destinations worldwide (including such 'desirable' locations such as Flint, MI / Lincoln, NE / Wichita, KS) over a range of dates but I cannot find any place where my E-Cert would be acceptable. I have searched with my specific E-Cert # in the promo code as well as USBANKEC as a promo code - all to no avail.

You may not be doing it properly. It happened to me the first time.
It's best if you click on the link of the email you received with the free night certificate.
It will automatically populate the E-Cert Code and Promo code when you do the search. Then, just enter the location and dates desired. Don't change any of the other criteria in the search.
When you get your results, you will get $0 as the lowest rate for each of the available properties and next to that rate, there will be the golden E-cert logo. Change the dates if necessary.
There should be ample availability except for a few properties that may be in high demand depending on the time of the year.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
How long does it usually take for the free night certificate to post after your anniversary year assuming you met the $10K required spend?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Apr 10, 2016 at 2:01 am
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Were both accounts in your name out of curiosity?
Yes.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hanako

1. Go to clubcarlson.com
2. Select "more search options" at the bottom of the reservations search box
3. Enter your e-cert code in the E-cert box
4. Enter the promo code USBANKEC in the promo code box

Both 3 and 4 must be entered at the same time for the search to work properly.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:53 am

It is happening to me also i cannot use my new E-cert that is barely added on my account maybe the past few days.

Club Carlson Visa Free Night-April 2016
Code: **************
Value: 100% Off
Expiration: 30 Apr, 2017 *Terms and Conditions Apply

Please correct the areas marked below.
Your E-Cert could not be applied to any hotel(s) below.

Maybe they have a different promo code for this new e-certs.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by theseeker
It is happening to me also i cannot use my new E-cert that is barely added on my account maybe the past few days.

Club Carlson Visa Free Night-April 2016
Code: **************
Value: 100% Off
Expiration: 30 Apr, 2017 *Terms and Conditions Apply

Please correct the areas marked below.
Your E-Cert could not be applied to any hotel(s) below.

Maybe they have a different promo code for this new e-certs.
It's valid only for US properties. Where are you searching?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by cruisr
Wondering if anyone has experienced this. We have 5 ecerts between us. I am using some at The Mayfair and the confirmations shows the value of the room night and then minuses that amount for the ecert so I will owe nothing.

Using an ecert at the Radisson Blu in AMS shows me that I will owe them 100 euros. They are showing value of 349 Euros and minusing 249 euros which means I will owe them 100 euros on a free night? The email confirmation I received showed the room is free but when I bring up the confirmation on the website it shows I will owe them 100 euros.

Anyone have this experience being charged even though you are using a free night cert?

did you use all 5 certs for one stay? if so, did you book individual nights?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:50 pm

I have a domestic free night certificate that will expire soon. I can't make it to any of the Category 7 hotels; what's the next best hotel (pref. on the East Coast) ya'll recommend using it at?

I was thinking the Country Inn & Suites on Virginia Beach seems like a good redemption?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I agree with Virginia Beach given its summer rates of ~$300 buxanite. Indeed, I'm thinking of using either or both my cert.s there in August.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:35 pm

Anyone had any luck getting Club Carlson or US Bank to extend the e-certs? Ours expire on Aug. 31 but no plans for a stay before then :-(

Tried calling CC customer service but she said they couldn't/wouldn't extend. Have yet to HUCA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.