Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockholm Airport options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Stockholm Airport options

I have found the exact same price on both of these hotels.
Their reviews are both quite positive; I am leaning toward the Sky City just because it's connected to the airport terminal.
That said, could anyone compare their breakfasts (included in my rate), gym and/or pools, and treatment of Club Carlson Gold members?
Thanks!
Old May 1, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Their reviews are both quite positive; I am leaning toward the Sky City just because it's connected to the airport terminal.
That said, could anyone compare their breakfasts (included in my rate), gym and/or pools, and treatment of Club Carlson Gold members?
Thanks!
Sky City treats golds well. As a gold I've always been upgraded to business class room. Both breakfasts are fine by not-so-high Stockholm service standarts As a concierge I started to get noticeable welcome amenities. Like 2 large bowls of fruits on a couple stay or wine+chocolate in room when I was travelling solo.

I really love to save time and stay in Sky City. It may be up to an hour in total to get to and back from Arlandia. Sky City is my first choice if there's availability and price is not outrageous. It's never cheap in Stockholm.

I gotta be honest and admit that I've had one very pleasant stay in Arlandia, too. SkyCity was fully booked, Arlandia only had sauna suites available. I booked one for something like 2000 SEK. It was a very nice what I'd call Junior suite with a sauna good for 4 adults. Very pleasant stay.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks!
SkyCity Radisson. Or Clarion Arlanda. Everything else is less convenient, such that I otherwise choose to do Stockholm city center hotels within short walking distance of the Stockholm Central Station and use the Arlanda Express train or Flygbussen bus for travel between the airport and city center.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SkyCity Radisson. Or Clarion Arlanda. Everything else is less convenient, such that I otherwise choose to do Stockholm city center hotels within short walking distance of the Stockholm Central Station and use the Arlanda Express train or Flygbussen bus for travel between the airport and city center.
Thanks for the replies. Yes I looked into city center but Friends and Family rate isn't available for those dates, while it is at both Arlandia and SkyCity. With a 930am departure, the SkyCity sounds like the best choice!
Brendan likes this.
Old May 2, 2015, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks for the replies. Yes I looked into city center but Friends and Family rate isn't available for those dates, while it is at both Arlandia and SkyCity. With a 930am departure, the SkyCity sounds like the best choice!
Don't know if you have Choice points, but my max cost for a hotel using Choice points for their city center hotel two minutes walk away from the Arlanda Express stop is $75 via the IHG-like trick of a points+cash award that is cancelled to generate cheap points. Adding in transport costs into the picture, the SkyCity probably works out cheaper still than this Choice award night option; but SkyCity is what it is and is not.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:15 pm

Is this hotel inside or outside the transit area?
If I arrive at 9:30pm and depart the next morning at 9:30am what happens if I cannot through check my baggage?
Will I be able to claim my bag and get to the hotel with the possibility of not having my boarding pass or being able to check in my bag for the next flight until the next morning?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Both Radisson's in Arlanda are land-side. You don't need a boarding pass to use them, you must be able to enter Schengen area though (may be relevant if your on international-to-international connection, depending on your citizenship).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.