Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson San Juan Closing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Radisson San Juan Closing

I am booked at the Radisson in San Juan on May 1 and 2 and May 10 and 11. I found this article, but have received no notification from the hotel or Club Carlson. I am getting more and more frustrated with Club Carlson!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...rist-district/
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by lisaremy
I am booked at the Radisson in San Juan on May 1 and 2 and May 10 and 11. I found this article, but have received no notification from the hotel or Club Carlson. I am getting more and more frustrated with Club Carlson!

It looks like their carribean properties are not profitable since they were trying to sell their San Juan hotel. They also sold the St Martin hotel and are in the process of selling the Aruba hotel as well.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Wow, that's terrible. If I were you, I'll book backup reservations right now. I don't think you'll get any alternate hotel arrangements from Club Carlson at this point. Even if CC comes through, it may be too late seeing your trip is just a couple of days away. If you have any Hyatt or UR points, Hyatt House at the convention area, not far from Condado where Radisson is located, is available on May 1 and 2 for 8000 points. Good luck!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Namaste. I don't have Hyatt points, but I did get booked at other hotels. Unfortunately, I only have IHG and Club Carlson points and was only able to use points for one night at the Holiday Inn Express.

I contacted Club Carlson elite line and they are supposed to be calling me back. I am leaving the reservations intact until near the last cancellation time just to see if Club Carlson cares. (Ha!)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Club Carlson's lame reply on Facebook:
Thanks for reaching out. The Radisson Ambassador Hotel is independently owned and operated pursuant to a franchise agreement with Radisson. The hotel has informed us that they are closing for business effective 4/29. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 1-787-721-7300.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I tried to call the hotel numerous times, but no one was answering the phone.

No phone reply from Club Carlson even though they promised one.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Overall unfortunate to see one more Radisson properly closing, but overall this property was subpar and expensive, outdated.

It was good with last night free, but since that died, this property was not worth an award stay.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Club Carlson's lame reply on Facebook:
Thanks for reaching out. The Radisson Ambassador Hotel is independently owned and operated pursuant to a franchise agreement with Radisson. The hotel has informed us that they are closing for business effective 4/29. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 1-787-721-7300.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I tried to call the hotel numerous times, but no one was answering the phone.

No phone reply from Club Carlson even though they promised one.
I just got an email letting me know that I should make other reservations because they were a franchised property and had no responsibility. Sigh.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:58 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I had an award reservation there Memorial Day weekend. I was notified by Carlson that they were leaving and they posted 38K discretionary points back in my acct (the cost of my two night reservation). Strange that I cannot cancel the reservation though, it's just sitting in my account. I just get an error message.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I had an award reservation there Memorial Day weekend. I was notified by Carlson that they were leaving and they posted 38K discretionary points back in my acct (the cost of my two night reservation). Strange that I cannot cancel the reservation though, it's just sitting in my account. I just get an error message.
Unfortunately I don't suspect that you will get the benefit of 38000 points and a hotel in a few weeks. Do you have a new hotel reservation elsewhere?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I've tried twice now to get a refund for this hotel booked on Expedia.
Both times, the agent tries to call the hotel - an shockingly - noone picks up! lol
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I've tried twice now to get a refund for this hotel booked on Expedia.
Both times, the agent tries to call the hotel - an shockingly - noone picks up! lol
You might have protections from your credit card company and that might be less frustrating than trying to get the hotel or Expedia to give you a refund. You still have the problem of finding a new hotel for your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.