Radisson San Juan Closing

Old Apr 27, 15, 10:35 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
Unhappy Radisson San Juan Closing

I am booked at the Radisson in San Juan on May 1 and 2 and May 10 and 11. I found this article, but have received no notification from the hotel or Club Carlson. I am getting more and more frustrated with Club Carlson!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...rist-district/
lisaremy is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 6:46 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 675
Originally Posted by lisaremy View Post
I am booked at the Radisson in San Juan on May 1 and 2 and May 10 and 11. I found this article, but have received no notification from the hotel or Club Carlson. I am getting more and more frustrated with Club Carlson!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...rist-district/
It looks like their carribean properties are not profitable since they were trying to sell their San Juan hotel. They also sold the St Martin hotel and are in the process of selling the Aruba hotel as well.
rtraveler is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 8:09 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 304
Originally Posted by lisaremy View Post
I am booked at the Radisson in San Juan on May 1 and 2 and May 10 and 11. I found this article, but have received no notification from the hotel or Club Carlson. I am getting more and more frustrated with Club Carlson!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...rist-district/
Wow, that's terrible. If I were you, I'll book backup reservations right now. I don't think you'll get any alternate hotel arrangements from Club Carlson at this point. Even if CC comes through, it may be too late seeing your trip is just a couple of days away. If you have any Hyatt or UR points, Hyatt House at the convention area, not far from Condado where Radisson is located, is available on May 1 and 2 for 8000 points. Good luck!
Namaste1 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 2:27 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks, Namaste. I don't have Hyatt points, but I did get booked at other hotels. Unfortunately, I only have IHG and Club Carlson points and was only able to use points for one night at the Holiday Inn Express.

I contacted Club Carlson elite line and they are supposed to be calling me back. I am leaving the reservations intact until near the last cancellation time just to see if Club Carlson cares. (Ha!)
lisaremy is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 4:03 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
Club Carlson's lame reply on Facebook:
Thanks for reaching out. The Radisson Ambassador Hotel is independently owned and operated pursuant to a franchise agreement with Radisson. The hotel has informed us that they are closing for business effective 4/29. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 1-787-721-7300.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I tried to call the hotel numerous times, but no one was answering the phone.

No phone reply from Club Carlson even though they promised one.
lisaremy is offline  
Old Apr 28, 15, 4:22 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Posts: 1,836
Overall unfortunate to see one more Radisson properly closing, but overall this property was subpar and expensive, outdated.

It was good with last night free, but since that died, this property was not worth an award stay.
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old May 1, 15, 9:18 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by lisaremy View Post
Club Carlson's lame reply on Facebook:
Thanks for reaching out. The Radisson Ambassador Hotel is independently owned and operated pursuant to a franchise agreement with Radisson. The hotel has informed us that they are closing for business effective 4/29. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 1-787-721-7300.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I tried to call the hotel numerous times, but no one was answering the phone.

No phone reply from Club Carlson even though they promised one.
I just got an email letting me know that I should make other reservations because they were a franchised property and had no responsibility. Sigh.
Miami305 is offline  
Old May 13, 15, 7:58 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Posts: 2,472
I had an award reservation there Memorial Day weekend. I was notified by Carlson that they were leaving and they posted 38K discretionary points back in my acct (the cost of my two night reservation). Strange that I cannot cancel the reservation though, it's just sitting in my account. I just get an error message.
JonathanIT is offline  
Old May 13, 15, 10:05 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by JonathanIT View Post
I had an award reservation there Memorial Day weekend. I was notified by Carlson that they were leaving and they posted 38K discretionary points back in my acct (the cost of my two night reservation). Strange that I cannot cancel the reservation though, it's just sitting in my account. I just get an error message.
Unfortunately I don't suspect that you will get the benefit of 38000 points and a hotel in a few weeks. Do you have a new hotel reservation elsewhere?
Miami305 is offline  
Old Jun 1, 15, 8:55 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,553
I've tried twice now to get a refund for this hotel booked on Expedia.
Both times, the agent tries to call the hotel - an shockingly - noone picks up! lol
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 1, 15, 8:59 pm
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,112
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
I've tried twice now to get a refund for this hotel booked on Expedia.
Both times, the agent tries to call the hotel - an shockingly - noone picks up! lol
You might have protections from your credit card company and that might be less frustrating than trying to get the hotel or Expedia to give you a refund. You still have the problem of finding a new hotel for your stay.
MSPeconomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: