Community
Wiki Posts
Search

points category question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

points category question

If a hotel that is normally sold for 50k pts is now going for 75k. Does that mean a certain type of room is sold out? Also, if the hotel is offering an "early bird" rate does that mean that the 50k rooms should still be available?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
In answer to your first question, it usually means that they have no standard rooms available for points, but are offering a "premium room" at the higher point rate. It should specify on the website that it is a premium room, and tell you what that means relative to the standard room.

Regarding your second question, if the early bird rate is being offered on standard room types (not just premium room types) it means that they have some of those available for your dates. There has been some debate as to whether the hotel is required to make them available for points if they are available for cash, or if they can choose not limit standard room availability. I'd suggest contacting Club Carlson and telling them that a standard room is available at the property you want for the dates you want at a cash rate, and asking if they can work with the hotel to make one of those rooms available for points. Some people have reported success with this approach in the past at certain properties that are notorious for never having standard rooms available for points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.