Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any hope for me, or did I *really* lose over 800,000 Gold Points?

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage; Carlson Goldpoints.

Hi.

Circumstances in life change. Up until January, 2013, I did quite a bit of travel, and managed to accumulate that many Gold Points.

Then, life suddenly got in the way, and haven't been able to travel at all since.

Now, I've got an opportunity again.

Last night, I went to the Club Carlson page to check my status. My GP account is still open, but points have been zero'ed out.

Reading the fine print, I see that if there is no activity in two years (it's been 28 months), that they can do this.

Anyone have any experience in having points re-deposited? Or did I just lose big-time.

I'm planning on calling in on Monday to see if they offer me any options, but thought I'd ask here to prepare myself....

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:39 pm
Suspended

I'd advise of the life changes and that you could not travel as you have said and then to ask them to see how big a fan you were of CC hotels in the past and promise to patronize them in the future -- as you had in the past -- if they were to re-instate your points.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by negs
Hi.

Circumstances in life change. Up until January, 2013, I did quite a bit of travel, and managed to accumulate that many Gold Points.

Then, life suddenly got in the way, and haven't been able to travel at all since.

Now, I've got an opportunity again.

Last night, I went to the Club Carlson page to check my status. My GP account is still open, but points have been zero'ed out.

Reading the fine print, I see that if there is no activity in two years (it's been 28 months), that they can do this.

Anyone have any experience in having points re-deposited? Or did I just lose big-time.

I'm planning on calling in on Monday to see if they offer me any options, but thought I'd ask here to prepare myself....

Thanks for any help you can give!
If you do get them back, burn 'em. The one free night for the one night redemption is going away in June. Not sure if life got in the way of you knowing that. Good luck and let us know what the results are.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:29 pm

Doubt he has the credit card, as his points are about to expire. In any case, please keep us informed to what they say!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.